PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Level 4 feat build

Thurbane
2009-08-16, 10:47 PM
Hey, just wondering what build would allow the most selectable feats at level 4? By selectable feats, I mean not feats such as the set feats a Ranger or similar class gets at certain levels.

Another stipulation is no flaws allowed.

The first that comes to my mind is a Human Fighter 2/Paragon 2...for a total of 6 selectable feats. I guess Fighter 4 works out the same, though.

This is a theoretical excercise, more than anything...

Eldariel
2009-08-16, 10:50 PM
I assume ECL 4? I don't think a class exists that gets two selectable feats in one level, so Human Fighter 2/Monk 2 (or Psychic Warrior or Martial Rogue or such) probably wins out with 1 feat for each level, human feat and 2 from level-ups for 7. I picked Monk for style points 'cause you get a third feat out of it too (Improved Unarmed Strike), but as that's not selectable, it doesn't count. Of course, if we bring in stuff like Shun/Embrace the Dark Chaos, this changes.

Darrin
2009-08-16, 10:58 PM
I assume ECL 4? I don't think a class exists that gets two selectable feats in one level, so Human Fighter 2/Monk 2 (or Psychic Warrior or Martial Rogue or such) probably wins out with 1 feat for each level, human feat and 2 from level-ups for 7. I picked Monk for style points 'cause you get a third feat out of it too (Improved Unarmed Strike), but as that's not selectable, it doesn't count. Of course, if we bring in stuff like Shun/Embrace the Dark Chaos, this changes.

Hmm. What about Cleric 1/Fighter 2/Something 1. There are several bonus feats that a Cleric can pick up as domain powers, and he starts with two domains (Planning and Time being quite popular, as I understand it. Something 1 can be PsyWar, Monk, or whatever.

Glimbur
2009-08-16, 10:59 PM
There's also the variant rogue that gets fighter bonus feats instead of sneak attack, at the rate a fighter gets feats. That's five at first level with human and two flaws, one at second, two at third, and one at fourth for nine feats.

Eldariel
2009-08-16, 11:09 PM
There's also the variant rogue that gets fighter bonus feats instead of sneak attack, at the rate a fighter gets feats. That's five at first level with human and two flaws, one at second, two at third, and one at fourth for nine feats.

Flaws were specifically banned. Also, Martial Rogue has been mentioned.

And yeah, Cloistered Cleric could get 3 feats at first level though the third has to be Knowledge Devotion so I guess that doesn't count. Either way, that'd increase it by 1 to 8 feats by 4. Hmm, actually, 1st level wizard can pick any Fighter-feat through Martial Wizard and has some alternatives for Familiar (though I'm not sure if he can get any feats besides Augment Summoning that way; if he can that'd be 9th).

Oh, we're forgetting magical locations like Frog God's Fane and Otyugh Hole, of course. Those are free feats. Not starting to count 'em though.