PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul vs thread

Berserk Monk
2009-08-16, 11:08 PM
Inspired by the O-Chul facts thread, I decided to make a thread based around fights between this glorious paladin and other character (they don't have to be from OotS). Post you own fights or comment on the results of others.

I'll start off with three:

O-Chul v. Brock Samson

O-Chul v. Ozymandias

O-Chul v. Wolverine

Innis Cabal
2009-08-17, 12:11 AM
He loses to all three. The end.

Cracklord
2009-08-17, 12:23 AM
He might be able to beat Ozymandius by wearing him down, and against Wolverine it depends on what he's packing.
I've become somewhat... jaded about Wolverine, as in all the comics I've read about him some new guy shows up, beats up Wolverine to show how tough he is and then everyone bands together to beat the new guy.
No idea about Brock Samson.

Ancalagon
2009-08-17, 03:09 AM
He cannot wolverine as he cannot "wear his hitpoints down". On the other hand, he'll eat damage every round and finally reach 0 hitpoints.

No one can beat wolverine in a normal fight, as you cannot really wear him down, in fact, you already have to be super-powerful to even inflict any kind of damage in the first place.

Ozymandias9
2009-08-17, 07:19 AM
Brock:

Brock has exhibited feats of stamina that are (in my opinion at least), in the same range as those that O'Chul has demonstrated (cf. surviving the vacuum of space, etc.). He as also demonstrated the ability to be completely unfazed by an attack from an otherwise effective laser sword, which indicates some significant form of DR. If we place these defensive capacities as relatively equal, we must look at their inequalities. Brock has demonstrated significantly higher capacity to do damage, where O'Chul has healing capacity. Brock wins out here: at the presumed astronomical level of HP we're discussing, the healing capacity of a paladin is a fairly minimal concern.

Ozymandias:

I'll assume we're talking about Adrian Veidt here, and not Ramesses II.

Ozymandias wins out here. If you presume catching a bullet works the same way that catching another missile weapon works in 3.5, then its really just an indication of generally above average Dex and a couple of feats. Given that his AC also is notably high in the absence of armor or magic items, I would pen Adrian as a monk variant using Int instead of Wis. At which point it becomes paladin/fighter vs. variant monk. I'm also going to assume tumble for Ozymandias, as it seems to be a basic skill for the genuinely human superhero to have. Under these circumstances, good use of tumble and the higher movement speed should win it for Ozymandias in most terrains.

If you assume, in contrast, the kind of reaction and dexterity actually necessary for a human to catch a bullet, O'Chul will never land a blow.

If we are talking about Ramesses II, then the we're discussing a wig wearing stick thin aristocrat who plucks his eyebrows. But he is a king... god... god-king really. That might help. And I doubt the 12 Gods look kindly on Dei-Regicide.

Wolverine:

Battles with Wolverine really have little to do with actual fighting capacity. If you need to be established as bad-ass you beat Wolverine. If you're already established as bad-ass, Wolverine beats you. Thus since O'Chul is already established as bad-ass, Wolverine wins. Unless, of course, they need to establish him as even more bad-ass for some reason, or reestablish him as bad-ass because someone else beat him up.

If we do play the fight straight though, we'd have to give Wolverine a really absurd regeneration mechanic: something significantly in excess of the Tarrasque's regeneration 40. And with the skeleton, you really can't Coup de Grace him. It's not a fight O'Chul wins.

Katana_Geldar
2009-08-17, 07:55 AM
O-Chul vs Yoda (as in Saga Edition Yoda)

Optimystik
2009-08-17, 10:14 AM
O-Chul vs. the forums:

Not even O-Chul's legendary stamina can hold out against all the O-Chul threads. He succumbs.

PsychoPat
2009-08-17, 11:19 AM
O-Chul vs. Roy

I think Roy would win because he is LG so Smite Evil and things like that don't work and Roy is a very good fighter, maybe even better then O-Chul

Thrax
2009-08-17, 05:01 PM
O-Chul vs Lord Zedd
Result: Zedd smashed to pieces

O-Chul vs Don Giovanni
Result: Don Giovanni is exterminated

Talking about extermination...
O-Chul vs Davros
Result: Davros is removed from existence

O-Chul vs O-Chul
Result: universe explodes

Sorry for all the silliness but someone had to do it before someone would consider it seriously. :P

Athaniar
2009-08-17, 05:08 PM
O-Chul vs thread?
The thread loses.

multilis
2009-08-17, 05:08 PM
O-Chul vs "She who must not be named" (assuming she gets rezzed)

After a short fight...

They get married and live happily ever after, and make lots of babies.

Mwaahhhahhahhahh ;-)

xelliea
2009-08-18, 10:54 AM
wow has no one thought of:
O-Chul vs
CHUCK NORRIS
(chuck always wins)

roy vs chuck= chuck
elan vs chuck= chuck
belkar vs chuck= belkar is awesome but CHUCK
V vs chuck= see belkar vs chuck
ect.

Kish
2009-08-18, 11:08 AM
*finally looks up Chuck Norris on wikipedia* Ah. American martial artist, actor and media personality. I'm somewhat surprised the real-life person is actually someone who can fight. Still a fair bet any mid-level D&D character would mop the floor with him if for some reason he was in OotS and fought them.

Optimystik
2009-08-18, 11:18 AM
*finally looks up Chuck Norris on wikipedia* Ah. American martial artist, actor and media personality. I'm somewhat surprised the real-life person is actually someone who can fight. Still a fair bet any mid-level D&D character would mop the floor with him if for some reason he was in OotS and fought them.

Away with your logic and reasoning! Shoo!

Conuly
2009-08-18, 12:15 PM
I read this as O-Chul vs thread. You know, that stuff that binds clothes together?

With that in mind -

O-Chul vs thread - thread makes an ill-advised attempt to trip him up, O-chul unravels it (and reality).

O-Chul vs clothing - clothing realizes it only serves to make O-Chul look even hotter and they team up to FIGHT CRIME

O-Chul vs yarn - yarn rolls into a cute ball, O-Chul bats it all over the pla... no, wait, that's Mr. Scruffy.

xelliea
2009-08-18, 01:00 PM

have you not seen the chuck norris facts... :smallbiggrin:... :smallsmile:...:smallsigh:...:smallannoyed: ok mabey they are not true but what class and level would chuck be in OOTS or D&D.

monk
lv 15
:smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2009-08-18, 01:07 PM
monk
lv 15
:smallbiggrin:

He's immune to all diseases, can survive a 70 foot fall, and he can teleport short distances once a day? :smallconfused: Someone should update his article!

mr.fizzypop
2009-08-18, 02:06 PM
O-Chul vs Yoda (as in Saga Edition Yoda)

Yoda.

Because first off, yoda is CL 20, and I doubt O-Chul is even close to epic level. Due to yoda's superior fighting stile, and ability to use the force, yoda would be the obvious victor.

I also doubt a sword would be much of a match for a lightsaber.

The_Void
2009-08-18, 02:11 PM
O-Chul always wins. Even against himself.

Sanguine
2009-08-18, 02:12 PM
O-Chul always wins. Even against himself.

But which O-Chul wins if they both always win?

Nehh
2009-08-18, 02:24 PM
Both of them. That's why the universe explodes when he battles himself.

Kish
2009-08-18, 02:44 PM
have you not seen the chuck norris facts...

Far too bloody often.

:smallbiggrin:... :smallsmile:...:smallsigh:...:smallannoyed: ok mabey they are not true

Thank you for sanity.

but what class and level would chuck be in OOTS or D&D.

monk

As a martial artist, probably yes.

lv 15
Not that I'd bet on a level 15 monk against O-Chul, but, try lower. :smalltongue: (See Optimystik's reply to you.)

Cracklord
2009-08-18, 04:07 PM
As a martial artist, probably yes.

Not that I'd bet on a level 15 monk against O-Chul, but, try lower. :smalltongue: (See Optimystik's reply to you.)

He was trained by Bruce Lee. That has to count for something.
Admittedly in their training video's he never touched the dragon, but still...

The_Void
2009-08-19, 06:07 AM
But which O-Chul wins if they both always win?

Three of them win. That's how good O-Chul is.

Cracklord
2009-08-19, 06:27 AM
O-Chul (Unstoppable force)
Versus
Pope Leo The Great (Immovable object)