PDA

View Full Version : Huh, building a new site was surprisingly painless.

AstralFire
2009-08-16, 11:27 PM
http://www.theanteheroes.com/reboot/betasite/

It helped that someone else did most of the hard work in PHP for me already, but...

In a few days, I will have the funds come through so I can switch to the new host, and all the while, we'll be working on building up comics. So soon I shall have content besides stick-figure art rawr!

Anyway. Feedback on the new digithreads, and how to improve the site while sticking to the same sort of look would be awesome.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-17, 04:59 AM
It seems comic #1 and #3 are the same.

AstralFire
2009-08-17, 08:56 AM
It seems comic #1 and #3 are the same.

Yes, I know it's a repeat. I'm testing functions, here! TESTING FUNCTIONS.

You were just joking, right? >.>

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-17, 09:01 AM
I'm confused as to why comic one has lyrics from a Mulan song, but glad the site building didn't kill you 27 different ways.

AstralFire
2009-08-17, 09:07 AM
I'm confused as to why comic one has lyrics from a Mulan song, but glad the site building didn't kill you 27 different ways.

They're beta pages with nonsensical comments and newsposts to test out the archival function. n.n

GrandMasterMe
2009-08-17, 09:54 AM
Congrats on making it :smallbiggrin:

AstralFire
2009-08-17, 10:55 AM
Thank you!

Frames thinned out a bit, and a not-terrible teaser image put up. Just... don't go back in the page history. >.>

Mr. Mud
2009-08-17, 10:57 AM
Astral, mind if I link to your new site on my blog :smallbiggrin:?

AstralFire
2009-08-17, 11:00 AM
Astral, mind if I link to your new site on my blog :smallbiggrin:?

Yeeeeeees, but only because this is just the beta site. Once I get the rest of the stuff together, that page along with comics that aren't scribbles will be at theanteheroes.com, rather than on a subdirectory. I appreciate the thought, though, and will let you know when it shifts. :D

Mr. Mud
2009-08-17, 11:02 AM
Yeeeeeees, but only because this is just the beta site. Once I get the rest of the stuff together, that page along with comics that aren't scribbles will be at theanteheroes.com, rather than on a subdirectory. I appreciate the thought, though, and will let you know when it shifts. :D

Fair enough :smallamused:.

Site looks good though.