PDA

View Full Version : Frudu, Samwose, and the OotS

GreatWyrmGold
2009-08-17, 06:57 AM
I recently looked at this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html). Why am I bringing this up? Look at the last panel, more specifically in the crystal ball. Now look at the last panel of the most recent comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html), more specifically towards the Western Continent. Some people think it's another sun, but more people think it's because of a different colored atmosphere or dust.
They look similar in atmospere, do they not?
Thus, I think Samwose and Frudu are on the Western Continent...and possibly out to meet a group of characters.
:vaarsuvius::durkon::belkar::elan::haley::roy:, in no particular Order.of the Stick!

theinsulabot
2009-08-17, 07:10 AM
theoretically, even if those two losers were on the western continent, by now they finished hucking the damn thing into the volcano and have left by now

Astrella
2009-08-17, 07:12 AM
Well, the glow in the Frudu - Samwose scene is probably due to the volcano, rather then a different coloured atmosphere.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-08-17, 07:38 AM
theoretically, even if those two losers were on the western continent, by now they finished hucking the damn thing into the volcano and have left by now
If they don't live there. And what makes you call them "losers"? I wonder if the Giant said something I missed about that...

Well, the glow in the Frudu - Samwose scene is probably due to the volcano, rather then a different coloured atmosphere.
I guess it could be...but the similarity is striking, no?

NerfTW
2009-08-17, 07:53 AM
I think the glow is the sun.

The giant white object is supposed to be the moon.

And the first person who says "you can't see the moon when the sun is out" gets smacked.

Random832
2009-08-17, 08:11 AM
And the first person who says "you can't see the moon when the sun is out" gets smacked.

You can't see a full moon when the sun is out.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-08-17, 08:27 AM
I think the glow is the sun.

The giant white object is supposed to be the moon.

the "giant white object" is actually yellow, and, while it could be the moon, if the glow was a sunset, the rest of the sky would probably be glowing, too.

Cizak
2009-08-17, 09:02 AM
Hmm, have we actually seen them in any other strip online?

We have seen them
In SoD (well not Samwose, Frudu and the wizard) and in OotPC (Again no Samwose, but you know what I mean).

David Argall
2009-08-17, 01:25 PM
Frudu - Samwose have their own plot to take care of. We may see them again, but it will be just another quick comic.

Didgin
2009-08-17, 03:02 PM

We have seen them
In SoD (well not Samwose, Frudu and the wizard) and in OotPC (Again no Samwose, but you know what I mean).

Would you mind please to remind me
Where they appear on SoD?

Brauley
2009-08-17, 03:12 PM
There should be a filler comic with them in.

golentan
2009-08-17, 03:17 PM

We have seen them

Also first page of Dungeon Crawling fools

I'm going to go with "running gag" personally. Though if the Ming actually turns out to be a plot relevant artifact as the OP's link suggests, I will be awed.

Linkavitch
2009-08-19, 09:05 PM
Excellent observation. However, I think it was mostly just coincidence.

Elfin
2009-08-19, 09:09 PM

Agreed. In the real work, the skies in Gondor are not the same colour as the sky viewed from the slopes of Orodruin.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-19, 09:10 PM
Also first page of Dungeon Crawling fools

I'm going to go with "running gag" personally. Though if the Ming actually turns out to be a plot relevant artifact as the OP's link suggests, I will be awed.

it is plot relevant. But only to the lord of the mings.:smallbiggrin:

before you ask. Yes I had to.

Prowl
2009-08-19, 11:21 PM
Oh dear.

About the hobbits... I've got some bad news. (http://lfgcomic.com/page/32)

Raging Gene Ray
2009-08-20, 01:25 AM
And what makes you call them "losers"? I wonder if the Giant said something I missed about that...

Their entire reason for existing is to give Order of the Stick a pun reference. I'd feel like a loser if I knew that was all my entire life had been leading up to.

About the hobbits...

HALFLINGS! Wanna get sued?

Tempest Fennac
2009-08-20, 01:35 AM
I'm curious about where they appeared in SoD as well. Regarding the moon, I've sometimes seen full, or at least nearly full, moons during the day.

X2
2009-08-20, 01:45 AM
I recently looked at this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html). Why am I bringing this up? Look at the last panel, more specifically in the crystal ball. Now look at the last panel of the most recent comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html), more specifically towards the Western Continent. Some people think it's another sun, but more people think it's because of a different colored atmosphere or dust.
They look similar in atmospere, do they not?
Thus, I think Samwose and Frudu are on the Western Continent...and possibly out to meet a group of characters.
:vaarsuvius::durkon::belkar::elan::haley::roy:, in no particular Order.of the Stick!

Thanks to you, I laughed so hard a perfectly good sip of Pepsi was distributed across the screen.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-08-21, 07:36 PM
Thanks to you, I laughed so hard a perfectly good sip of Pepsi was distributed across the screen.

Er...glad? to hear it...But I was being seriousish...

Raging Gene Ray
2009-08-21, 07:47 PM
I'm curious about where they appeared in SoD as well. Regarding the moon, I've sometimes seen full, or at least nearly full, moons during the day.

Never read it, but I hear that a Gandalf-like wizard is among the cameos appearing in the line to apply for a job in the Order when Roy starts recruiting - oh, wait, that was Origin of the PCs.

But I doubt they'd ever appear again. They were a throw away gag. Nothing more. Them returning would make about as much sense as the FFVI characters showing up again, or Cyclops and the other X-Men aiding the OotS or Azurites.

nysisobli
2009-08-21, 08:05 PM
{Scrubbed}

Puns de León
2009-08-21, 11:11 PM
But I doubt they'd ever appear again. They were a throw away gag. Nothing more. Them returning would make about as much sense as the FFVI characters showing up again, or Cyclops and the other X-Men aiding the OotS or Azurites.

There's a better case to be made for their re-appearance than for that of the FFVI characters or Cyclops because we've already seen them 3 times. I don't recall their being in SoD, but both Frudu and the Gandalf counterpart appear in Origin, and apparently also in Dungeon Crawling Fools bonus material, though I haven't read that. It's getting to be a running joke, so if there's another opportunity for comparison between OOTS and LotR, we might see them.

multilis
2009-08-21, 11:19 PM
it is plot relevant. But only to the lord of the mings.:smallbiggrin:

before you ask. Yes I had to.

"...9 mings for the Greek Gods doomed to die,"
"One for the Chaos Lord on his Chaos throne,"
"In the inner planet where the confusion lies,"
"One ming to rule them all, one ming to find them..."

..."Perhaps we do not know everything we ought to regarding this task which we are undertaking"

"The Greek Gods... were seduced by the Chaos Side of the Force. They ceased to be Gods and *became* Mini Snarls. When that happened, the good Gods who made you were destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

"A certain point of view?"

Mystic Muse
2009-08-21, 11:39 PM
{Scrubbed}

This isn't funny at all. The thing it mentions happening to Gandalf at the end happened to a friend of mine and probably a bunch of other people's

nysisobli
2009-08-22, 11:58 AM
I would like to apologize, about the link in the earlier in the thread, i did not watch the video all the way through, and may have upset some of you. I would like to apologize.

Im sorry

Nysisobli

multilis
2009-08-22, 12:51 PM
*If* OotS involves some sort of parody of LotR... there were only a few ways into Mordor, guarded by *gates*.

The black hordes invaded middle earth from those gates, the main army of course was barely defeated by Gondor, another army was held off by the elves (that attack included Saurons forces in mirkwood), and a third army *defeated the dwarves*.

Cizak
2009-08-27, 12:11 PM
Would you mind please to remind me
Where they appear on SoD?

The wizard and Frudu appear on the page where various people tell Roy "no".

Optimystik
2009-08-27, 12:26 PM

That's Origin, not SoD.

The Bookworm
2009-08-27, 12:29 PM
That's in OotPCs.

Cizak
2009-08-27, 01:52 PM
That's in OotPCs.

Omg of course it is :smalleek: I knew that! Wtf...?

*Sneaks out*