PDA

View Full Version : [4e] What Monk Weapons?

DiscipleofBob
2009-08-17, 07:01 PM
So I saw the Monk preview and tried making one using the DDI character builder, got to the equipment screen, and realized something. Pretty much all the monk's Powers rely on "Monk Weapons" and as far as I can tell, there aren't any, at least none that I can find. Has there been any explanation as far as what qualifies as a "Monk Weapon?"

Gralamin
2009-08-17, 07:04 PM
So I saw the Monk preview and tried making one using the DDI character builder, got to the equipment screen, and realized something. Pretty much all the monk's Powers rely on "Monk Weapons" and as far as I can tell, there aren't any, at least none that I can find. Has there been any explanation as far as what qualifies as a "Monk Weapon?"

Yes, right below the unarmored defense feature

Monk Weapons
Some of your powers might require you to attack
with a monk weapon. The following weapons count
as monk weapons: unarmed attacks, clubs, daggers,
quarterstaffs, and spears.
Technically a monk Unarmed Strike is not a monk weapon, but thats something that a bit of common sense fixes.

Mauril Everleaf
2009-08-17, 07:12 PM
Technically a monk Unarmed Strike is not a monk weapon, but thats something that a bit of common sense fixes.

Actually, it is.

When you make an unarmed attack, you can use the monk unarmed strike, which is a weapon in the unarmed weapon group.