PDA

View Full Version : oriental armor

awa
2009-08-17, 07:46 PM
In oriental adventures their are two pieces of equipment I’m interested in dastana and chahar aina. I’m wondering how these work
Namely can I get them master work?
By raw do they stack with each other?
You need armor proficiency to use them but it doesn’t say their armor and their not listed under armor their listed under shields and other additions would they mess with class abilities they require you to be wearing light only or no armor?
Can they be enchanted or made out of exotic materials (I know the enhancement bonus to ac won’t stack but you could effectively get other bonuses at a discount)

Thanks in advance

Kallisti
2009-08-17, 07:51 PM
In oriental adventures their are two pieces of equipment I’m interested in dastana and chahar aina. I’m wondering how these work
Namely can I get them master work?
By raw do they stack with each other?
You need armor proficiency to use them but it doesn’t say their armor and their not listed under armor their listed under shields and other additions would they mess with class abilities they require you to be wearing light only or no armor?
Can they be enchanted or made out of exotic materials (I know the enhancement bonus to ac won’t stack but you could effectively get other bonuses at a discount)

Thanks in advance

This could go in the RAW Q&A thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6744982#post6744982), but I abuse chahar-aina and dastana shamelessly when I play an OA game.

1. Yes, they can be masterwork, though you pay the extra 150 gp for masterwork.
2. RAW, yes, they stack.
3. They require armor proficiency, and IIRC you need to be wearing armor to wear them, but no, they don't count as wearing armor.
4. Yes, they could be made of exotic materials, but it would cost as much extra for, say, a mithril dastana as for, say, mithril Full Plate. There's no discount...

Seffbasilisk
2009-08-17, 07:52 PM
I only know of the dastana (away from my books at the moment), but as I recall, it's a weapon that can be used in place of, or to augment the use of a shield.

AFAIK It won't mess with light/no armor requirements, but some DMs are more strict than others.

awa
2009-08-17, 07:54 PM
by discount i meant +4 armor combined with say a +1 fortified dastana instead of a + 4 fortified armor.

Kallisti
2009-08-17, 07:55 PM
I only know of the dastana (away from my books at the moment), but as I recall, it's a weapon that can be used in place of, or to augment the use of a shield.

AFAIK It won't mess with light/no armor requirements, but some DMs are more strict than others.

That's the Tessen, or War Fan. It acts like your choice of a buckler or a mini-club (damage 1d3, crit 20/x2)