PDA

View Full Version : Need patching help with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Flame of Anor
2009-08-17, 10:14 PM
So I just downloaded ET. Ran fine, but no servers showed up. Said it was version 2.55. Okay, so it needed patches. I found that the current version was 2.60b, so I downloaded that patch. Still didn't work--kept showing version 2.55. So I looked around some more and learned that I needed to patch it to 2.60 before I could patch it to 2.60b. So I patched it to 2.60--worked fine, but no servers. Showed as version 2.60. Then I downloaded the 2.60b patch and installed it, but no dice. It still shows up as version 2.60, and no servers. I tried putting my Webroot Security Center in Gamer Mode, but it didn't help. So I'm hoping the Playground can. Can you, Playground?

Bouregard
2009-08-18, 04:55 AM
So I just downloaded ET. Ran fine, but no servers showed up. Said it was version 2.55. Okay, so it needed patches. I found that the current version was 2.60b, so I downloaded that patch. Still didn't work--kept showing version 2.55. So I looked around some more and learned that I needed to patch it to 2.60 before I could patch it to 2.60b. So I patched it to 2.60--worked fine, but no servers. Showed as version 2.60. Then I downloaded the 2.60b patch and installed it, but no dice. It still shows up as version 2.60, and no servers. I tried putting my Webroot Security Center in Gamer Mode, but it didn't help. So I'm hoping the Playground can. Can you, Playground?

Did you enable Punkbuster?
And try to reinstall it from scratch. Ergo first the game then 2.60 then 2.60b
should work...

Flame of Anor
2009-08-18, 10:17 AM
I'll try that and report back.