PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the masquerade armor quesions ?

Prax4788
2009-08-18, 01:36 AM
Im in a game of Vampire the masquerade
and i am playing a brujah
and i was wondering is armor useful or not
what do u think?

if im right i can stack fort with stamina with armor for soak?

please help

Semidi
2009-08-18, 02:22 AM
Armor is useful, and I believe it stacks. I could be wrong it has been a long time since I've played tabletop masquerade.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-08-18, 07:38 AM
Armor is useful, and I believe it stacks. I could be wrong it has been a long time since I've played tabletop masquerade.

It does. but i belive for lethal and bashing not aggravated.

Riffington
2009-08-18, 08:10 AM
For agg it depends on the edition. But it's good stuff - the main problem is that it's obvious.

Morquard
2009-08-18, 08:21 AM
It works against bites and claws too I thin (which is agg), but not against stuff like fire or sunlight. At least in revised edition.

comicshorse
2009-08-18, 09:59 AM
As I remember it armour works against any form of physical attack including ones that do Aggravated damage but is useless against fire or sunlight.

The big problem is that in the modern nights walking around in plate mail is going to attract a little attention. This severely limits armour's practical use.
A bulletproof vest will help a little and is reasonably concealable but will still probably raise eyebrows among more refined Kindred.

On the other hand it might be a good idea to keep some armour handy for the times when you know there aren't going to be any inconventient mortal witnesses.

Also if you favour melee over guns a shield can be great for the above emntioned times

Prax4788
2009-08-19, 05:27 PM
well in the game im in armor isn't a problem if mortals see

and were using revised rules

and to answer the other question um using melee

Fuzzy_Juan
2009-08-19, 06:45 PM
Double check the negatives of the armor, I seem to recall some sort of dex penalty, or initiative mod.

Other than that, yes. Armor Stacks with stamina and fort. And yes, armor will work against agg sources save for fire, sunlight, and some direct magical effects.

In modern nights chainmail and even scale is easily concealed since you don't care about being hot, and plate bracers can be concealed as well. Shin guards may be worn overtly depending on the situation...you'll just look like some sort of odd punk so long as it looks punkish. Shoulder and upper leg are the no-no's. BTW, even if you are using obfuscate to hide your apearance, note that cameras will see a fully armored individual wandering about. A potential problem especially since onlookers will be ignoring something that should cause stares.

If in Dark ages, then nevermind.

Again in modern nights, a simple bulletproof vest is nearly a must. Especially when protecting the masquerade. When you can be shown to have a vest, the fact that you take bashing from bullets is brushed off by people...when gunfire pierces archaic armor and you brush off the blood...then things are not so good.

LibraryOgre
2009-08-20, 11:04 AM
The best bang for your buck is Concealed Armor. It's got an armor rating 1, and no dice pool penalty.