PDA

View Full Version : Space Empires PBW

Smight
2009-08-18, 06:19 AM
I'm just wondering if there is enough interest for PBW (http://pbw.spaceempires.net/) game of Space Empires here, if you are interested then please vote on following:
Game: SE4 or SE5
Starting conditions: includes points , planets , victory conditions, tech
Turn duration: 24h,48h,more?
Mods: Clean or name your mod here.
Special rules: if you feel some tech or something should be disallowed
Are you crazy enough to make this LP: yes/no
Other: if I forgot something important.
-------------------------------------

Game: any, prefere 5
Start conditions: no preferance
Turn: 24
Mods: Clean
Special rules: none
LP: shure .

Douglas
2009-08-18, 08:03 AM
Game: I only have SE4
Really important game settings: all warp points connected, all player planets the same size, maximum number of units per player 20000, maximum number of ships per player 20000
More negotiable game settings: large quadrant, warp points located anywhere in system, low event frequency, high event severity, medium tech cost, medium starting resource, 1 good homeworld, view own score only, low starting tech, 5000 racial points, no AI players
Turn duration: 48 hours
Mods: none, Adamant, or Carrier Battles, whichever other people want to play
Special rules: No Deeply Religious racial trait in stock/clean/whatever you want to call it. The Religious Talisman is extremely overpowered.
LP: Er, maybe. Don't expect me to take tons of screenshots, but I suppose I could take notes on what I'm doing and make occasional posts about it. Given that this is a competitive game, I'd say we'd better keep the LP updates a considerable number of turns behind the actual game if we do it at all.

I don't think I really need to explain the "all warp points connected" thing, and the all homeworlds the same size setting is obviously required to make a competitive game fair. The default maximums of 200 ships and 1000 units per player are cripplingly low in the late game, and I will refuse to play if they are not increased substantially. 20000 is the hardcoded maximum for each. You can circumvent the large number of clicks normally required to raise them that much by editing settings.txt before creating the game (just search for "default", it's the only two lines in the file that contain that word). Don't worry about mod compatibility for that, settings.txt is ignored in the compatibility check.