PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Arema Mk III, The Hound of Doom Vs Moira (unofficial)

nefele
2009-08-18, 12:24 PM
The Hound Of Doom vs. Moira

A towering figure in a dark robe enters the room where you have been milling around sizing up the competition. His face is completely obscured by his hood. He raises both hands to get your attention and speaks in a deep voice.
Hound Of Doom, Moira. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves! With that he brings his hands down and the two of you find yourself transported to the arena (http://excessivefreetime.org/arena/arena3.html)

OOC:
You've got time for one swift action and one standard action before you get transported in case you need to adopt a stance or activate an item.

On the map, green is open terrain, yellow is difficult terrain, red/brown is the cliffs (10ft, Climb DC20, blocks LoS). Arena has a 60 foot ceiling.

Opening post should have an initiative roll, anything you said after he called your name and what, if anything you did with the 'surprise round' before being transported. After that, start fighting in initiative order.

The Hound of Doom starts at :
Horizontal Axis: [roll0]
Vertical Axis: [roll1]

Moira starts at:
Horizontal Axis: [roll2]
Vertical Axis: [roll3]

nefele
2009-08-18, 12:26 PM
Aw come on. Aren't rolls allowed in the first post?

The Hound of Doom starts at :
Horizontal Axis: [roll0]
Vertical Axis: [roll1]
--> AL-32

Moira starts at:
Horizontal Axis: [roll2]
Vertical Axis: [roll3]
--> AF-28

and Moira's Initiative [roll4]

nefele
2009-08-18, 12:41 PM
PREP ROUND

Standard Action: Activate Scout's Headband (See Invisibility for 10 minutes)
Swift Action: initiate Child of Shadow stance

Draken
2009-08-18, 01:04 PM
I won't even waste time rolling Initiative.

Swift Action: Enter Child of Shadow Stance.
Standard action: Summon Mezzoloth [roll0] (40% chance of success)

Damn percentile summoning.

nefele
2009-08-18, 01:21 PM
Summoning? OK, I'm surprised. Didn't expect that in a Warrior Arena. :smalleek:

ROUND 1

Dog of Hell, I'll send you back to the depths whence you came from!
Moira flies towards the Hound of Doom and draws her sword.
BANZAI!!!

Actions:
Designate the Hound of Doom as my Dodge target.
Swift Action: Law Devotion to AC
Move action: flyby attack (flying straight at ya) with tumble ([roll0])
Free action, immediately before the attack, draw short sword.
Flyby attack includes standard action: Emerald Razor. Since you lost initiative, you are flat-footed (according to Lyndworm's ruling over at the Talkie thread) and Iaijutsu Focus damage applies.
I've moved 10ft, therefore I gain Cha to attack and damage (instead of dex/str) from Slippers of Battledancing. +4 attack, +12 damage

Attack
+4 from weapon properties, for using Diamond Mind maneuver & Shadow Hand Stance
+4 from Slippers
[roll1] Vs your Touch AC. Also, your flat-footed AC. :smalltongue:

Damage
- fire because you are immune :smalltongue:
+12 from slippers
+7 dex from Shadow Blade feat (attacking with a SH weapon in a SH stance)
[roll2] + IF damage (will calculate later)
Iaijutsu Focus skill check: [roll3]

After the attack, continue 10 ft East, end up to AL-34, ground level. Within reach. (sigh)

STATS:
AC: 56 + 1 (dodge) + 7 (Law Devotion) = 64
Touch: 61
Flat-Footed: 64 (uncanny dodge)
Without Dex bonus: 48

Also, concealment which is irrelevant because you have mindsight+blinsight, right? That was dumb of me, should have picked another stance.

Maneuvers spent: Emerald Razor.

nefele
2009-08-18, 01:24 PM
Nat 20 on Iaijutsu Focus! Huh... So, damage is 20+
[roll0]+99

EDIT: 140 damage, I think. Your move. :)

Draken
2009-08-18, 01:38 PM
It looks like you don't have Improved Flyby Attack. Which means you just triggered all six of my attacks of opportunity (four squares of reach!)

Tongue storm:

First three attacks (before your attack takes place)

Attack roll: . Damage: [roll1], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.
Attack roll: . Damage: [roll3], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.
Attack roll: . Damage: [roll5], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.

Latter three attacks:

Attack roll: . Damage: [roll7], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.
Attack roll: . Damage: [roll9], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.
Attack roll: . Damage: [roll11], +2 negative levels, plus DC 24 vs [roll]1d6+ minutes of paralizys.

Will only hit on a natural twenty so... Possible confirmations (as if), all in order.

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Will probably double post. Maybe triple post.

nefele
2009-08-18, 01:39 PM
Ahem... I Tumbled. No AoO for the movement, right?

EDIT- Please go on with your posts, a little something came up, and I'll be back in about 20 minutes. :)

Draken
2009-08-18, 01:47 PM
Well, wasn't that a futile exercise. Well, I missed that. Ignore all thos emissed attacks of opportunity that should not have been.

Also, Yugoloth, not Devil. Only fire resistance 10. Mark another 1 point of fire damage and remove another 5 points of normal damage.

Damage total: 136

Swift Action: Hound activates Law Devotion. Adding +7 to AC as well.

AC total: 47.

The hound then performs a tongue attack:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
2 Negative levels. Fortitude DC 24 Vs [roll2] minutes paralyzis.

Possible Grapple check:

Grapple: [roll3]

Possible bite attack:

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
2 Negative levels.

nefele
2009-08-18, 02:19 PM
I'm back!
Hmm... you have reach, and you've only made one attack thus far. So, you can either continue with a full attack or make a move action. Am I correct? Or are you done for the round?

Draken
2009-08-18, 02:30 PM
Can't really full attack. Will finish it with a move action to AK 22.

nefele
2009-08-18, 02:46 PM
I didn't understand why you can't full attack, but if you say so...

ROUND 2

Move action: fly straight West, at AL-22, with tumble ([roll0])
Free action, immediately before the attack, draw the +1 dagger from my belt.
Standard action: Obscuring Shadow Veil (which involves a save for concealment next round, with which we need not bother at all)

Since I moved 10 ft after my attack at the previous round, I can use the Gloom Razor feat (Moving Shadows): you are flat-footed for the first attack in this round.
Iaijutsu Focus damage applies.
I've moved 10ft, therefore I gain Cha to attack and damage (instead of dex/str) from Slippers of Battledancing. +4 attack, +12 damage

Attack with dagger +1
+6 one inspiration point (no action required)
+4 from Slippers
+7 wis, from Insightful strike (for executing a SH strike)
[roll1] Vs your Flat-Footed AC.

Damage
+1 fire
+12 from slippers
+7 dex from Shadow Blade feat (attacking with a SH weapon in a SH stance)
[roll2] + 1 fire + [roll3] (Obscuring Shadow Veil) + IF damage (will calculate later)
Iaijutsu Focus skill check: [roll4]

Stats
AC: 56 + 1 (dodge) + 7 (Law Devotion) = 64
Touch: 61
Flat-Footed: 64 (uncanny dodge)
Without Dex bonus: 48

Maneuvers expended: Emerald Razor, Obscuring Shadow Veil
Rounds left for Law Devotion: 8

nefele
2009-08-18, 02:49 PM
Iaijutsu Focus damage: [roll0]

EDIT: I count 144 damage (139 with your DR) +1 fire. Am I correct?

nefele
2009-08-18, 02:55 PM
Wait, you have Child of Shadows and you've moved. I need to roll for miss chance for that attack.
20% miss chance, high roll hits, low roll misses.

[roll0]

EDIT: The Dice Gods are kind with me today. :smallsmile:

Draken
2009-08-18, 02:56 PM
Yes. I am not sure now. But it looks like you dealt enough damage to overcome my 208 hit points just now.

That Iaijutsu Focus deals a lot of damage. :smallconfused:

Either way, the reason I can't full attack is that I was attacking with a natural weapon, and my second natural weapon (bite) has only 5 foot reach.

nefele
2009-08-18, 03:10 PM
Oh. Natural attacks always confused me, to be honest.

That Iaijutsu Focus deals a lot of damage. :smallconfused:
Yes. Yes it does. :smallredface:
(But if two attacks aren't enough to drop a foe, you need to start re-sheathing or even dropping weapons. I considered a thri-keen for this :smalltongue:, but I have a soft spot for races with amazing Cha - especially when they add it to AC and saves, heh.)

You know, for your build, a dip in Crusader with Thicket of Blades would do wonders: people will provoke when they leave a threatened square, when they enter a threatened square, and when they make 5-foot steps in a threatened square. With Combat Reflexes and 20 ft reach and possible energy drain/paralyse every time... it's very very dangerous. :smallsmile:

Draken
2009-08-18, 03:41 PM
Yeah. But first I need to find a way to boost the attack roll. The current ACs are only getting more and more ridiculous.

nefele
2009-08-18, 03:48 PM
+7 from Law Devotion, Shadow Hand strikes for +3 from Insightful Strike, +4 from a few Tiger Claw maneuvers, target flat-footed AC or touch AC from maneuvers, +2 from Charge... Sometimes little things add up together. :)

And if you take a Crusader dip after all, there are maneuvers with +8 to attack in there. (Though I don't remember now which ones, and what level they are.)