PDA

View Full Version : Microlite20

UserClone
2009-08-18, 12:40 PM
What do people think of this game (http://www.microlite20.net/node/15)?

I haven't yet tried it, but I downloaded most of the PDFs, and it looks like a really fun, really portable "3.5 lite" that I could actually see myself running or playing. What do you think of it?

Coidzor
2009-08-18, 12:51 PM
As far as I can tell it'd be great for a first experience for someone who is only casually aware of roleplaying games and mechanics.

It also seems to streamline and simplify things down about as much as they can be, which is interesting to see.

UserClone
2009-08-18, 01:05 PM
Well, I'd change it so you still can move and take an action, but other than that, I'm pretty much okay with it.

vollmond
2009-08-18, 01:28 PM
My group is actually playing an m20 campaign right now (have always played Shadowrun 4e before this) - it's going really well. Definitely a good introduction to a d20 system. We're importing interesting d20 features as we see fit, to flesh out our campaign.

As far as doing more than move, m20 isn't entirely consistent - one of the PDFs actually says you get 1 standard, 1 move, and 1 free action in each round. That's how we're playing. The system is meant to be open-ended anyway, with lots of opportunity for not getting bound up in rules minutiae.