PDA

View Full Version : MnM: Gestalt Power

Demons_eye
2009-08-18, 09:30 PM
Ok let me see if I got this right.

Hero Joe and Heroine Jane Form together to make THE ULTIMATE HUMAN! Then let us assume this is a PL 10 game.

Both Joe and Jane have built a PL 10 guy BUT both have Gestalt rank 10. Does this mean THE ULTIMATE HUMAN is built on a 300 Power Point but is limited to a PL 10 game? IE he has 300 points but still can't have stats higher then 40 even tho he has a the point value of a PL 20 guy.

Haven
2009-08-19, 01:29 AM
Actually, it's the combined hero that takes the gestalt power; its components are built on its ranks.

So The Ultimate Human could have Gestalt 10, which means Joe and Jane would have 150 power points each.

Ecalsneerg
2009-08-19, 03:52 AM
Gestalt is essentially Summon Stuff with a custom flaw so that the 'base form' disappears.

Green Bean
2009-08-19, 06:45 AM
Gestalt isn't the most intuitive power in the manual, and works best if it's treated as Summon: Component. Of course, the extra headaches come from the rather arbitrary restriction of your components being limited to half of the gestalt's PL and points.

If the campaign's limit is PL10, then Joe and Jane are restricted to PL5 and 75pp, and only their combined form is the full PL10 150pp. Personally, I don't think there's any harm in raising the limit and letting Joe or Jane be higher PLs; Summon doesn't have these restrictions after all.

Demons_eye
2009-08-19, 10:24 AM
So even if I have only 75 points to build them the limit is PL 5 not PL10?

infinitypanda
2009-08-19, 01:52 PM
No, the PL is the campaign's PL, no matter how many ranks you have in Gestalt.

Also Haven I love your avatar. I discovered Ruby Quest last night and it is awesome.

Arakune
2009-08-19, 02:08 PM
Ok let me see if I got this right.

Hero Joe and Heroine Jane Form together to make THE ULTIMATE HUMAN!

Doesn't you mean baby?

Please throw only rotten fruit.

infinitypanda
2009-08-19, 02:29 PM
Yeah, nothing hurts like green crab apples. They're like rocks.

Haven
2009-08-19, 04:29 PM
Gestalt isn't the most intuitive power in the manual, and works best if it's treated as Summon: Component. Of course, the extra headaches come from the rather arbitrary restriction of your components being limited to half of the gestalt's PL and points.

If the campaign's limit is PL10, then Joe and Jane are restricted to PL5 and 75pp, and only their combined form is the full PL10 150pp. Personally, I don't think there's any harm in raising the limit and letting Joe or Jane be higher PLs; Summon doesn't have these restrictions after all.

Just looked it over again and while you're right about each component being restricted to half the Gestalt's pp, it does specifically say "subject to the campaign's power level limits", which means they could theoretically hit PL10 caps, but they only have 75pp to do so.

infinitypanda:Also Haven I love your avatar. I discovered Ruby Quest last night and it is awesome.

"Hug Tom! Read Note!"

It really is a great mystery/horror story, quite surprising considering all the characters are based on Animal Crossing.