PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Wizard Feat

daggaz
2009-08-19, 03:08 AM
Is there much of any reason not to take this as a lvl one feat? Assuming you arent feat starved for some PrC... but as far as wizards go, they are already so freaking strong I always wondered what the big lure of PrC's was in the first place.

Just seems like a nice big fat bonus having so many spells that you dont have to hunt down and pay for.

ColdSepp
2009-08-19, 03:25 AM
It applies only to Wizard levels, IIRC. Depending on how fast you PrC, it might not be to useful.

Myou
2009-08-19, 03:37 AM
The lure of PrCs is that in return for a feat or two, perhaps a few skill points, and your familiar's advancement you gain a massive power boost, or at least new class features without losing anything too valuable.

Just look at the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil for an example.

The problem is that 'straight' Wizard 20 gives nothing but spells, so any PrC that also gives spells is probably better, or at least equal.

daggaz
2009-08-19, 03:44 AM
Huh. Honestly I never played a wizard past fifth level so.. .there! :smallyuk::smallwink:

Looking at the PHBII alternates for familiars, seems like even less reason not to PrC. *groans* So many choices...

ColdSepp
2009-08-19, 03:46 AM
Huh. Honestly I never played a wizard past fifth level so.. .there! :smallyuk::smallwink:

Looking at the PHBII alternates for familiars, seems like even less reason not to PrC. *groans* So many choices...

Right. PrCing is standard, and in some cases as early as L4. So, how many L1, L2 and L3 spells do you need. And since you can buy scrolls, or copy from other wizards spell books, it becomes less useful.