PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Warrior Arena mk III Fight 8

Lyndworm
2009-08-19, 05:46 PM
MistressBaerne vs. Thalnawr

A towering figure in a dark robe enters the room where you have been milling around sizing up the competition. His face is completely obscured by his hood. He raises both hands to get your attention and speaks in a deep voice.
Aiden, Anastriana. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves! With that he brings his hands down and the two of you find yourself transported to the arena (http://excessivefreetime.org/arena/arena3.html)

OOC:
You've got time for one swift action and one standard action before you get transported in case you need to adopt a stance or activate an item.

On the map, green is open terrain, yellow is difficult terrain, red/brown is the cliffs (10ft, Climb DC20, blocks LoS). Arena has a 60 foot ceiling.

Opening post should have an initiative roll, anything you said after he called your name and what, if anything you did with the 'surprise round' before being transported. After that, start fighting in initiative order.

MistressBaerne
Anastriana starts at AE29.
Thalnawr
Aiden Windblade starts at D5.

Thalnawr
2009-08-19, 06:28 PM
Aidan salutes the elf-maid. "May the best warrior win."

Actions:
Swift Action: Enter Absolute Steel stance (+10ft move, +2 dodge AC if moved 10 or more feet)
Standard Action: Activate Ring of Invisibility
Initiative:
[roll0]

MistressBaerne
2009-08-19, 09:12 PM
Anastriana returns the salute. "Indeed."

Actions:
Mount Grim the Dire Bat, activate Figurine of Wondrous Power (Golden Lions). Two lions added to my arsenal.

Initiative:[roll0]

Thalnawr
2009-08-19, 10:03 PM
Erm, you have initiative.

MistressBaerne
2009-08-20, 03:05 PM
Right, then. Grim the Dire Bat flies 35 feet straight up, Anastriana readies an attack against the first sign of enemy action, and the two lions head 40 feet due North.

Results: Anastriana is where she was, the lions are at W29 and W30.

Thalnawr
2009-08-20, 03:14 PM
Round 1 Actions:
Full Round Action: Gain Psionic Focus (DC 20 Concentration) [roll0]
Free Action: Manifest Mindblade

And back to you.

MistressBaerne
2009-08-20, 09:38 PM
Grim the Dire Bat moves 40 ft. NW. Lions move 40 ft. NE.

Anastriana and the bat are at AB26, the lions are at S33 and S32.

Anastriana, from her vantage point 35 feet in the air, looks around for her opponent. (Spot check; [roll0]

Thalnawr
2009-08-20, 11:03 PM
That doesn't see me.

Actions Round Two:
Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1] (+20 extra for invisibility)
Move Action 1: Move south to I5
Move Action 2: Charge Mindblade with Psychic Strike (+3d8 dmg on next successful attack)
Rounds on Invisibility = 28
Spot check (as a reaction to my movement) 1d20+10

Will probably need Lyndworm's ruling on whether I see anything.

Thalnawr
2009-08-20, 11:11 PM
Erm, right again since you can't edit in rolls.
Spot [roll0]

Lyndworm
2009-08-21, 01:38 PM
OOC:
Aiden has line of sight to Anastriana & Grim, but not vise versa. Anastriana & Grim reside in the square AB26 (though as a Large creature, Grim should take up four squares).

Neither Aiden nor either of the Lions has line of sight to the other.

Thalnawr
My deepest apologies, Thalnawr. I can only hope that the situation has been remedied.

MistressBaerne
2009-08-21, 04:26 PM
Hmm. Grim the Dire Bat takes a double move, 8 squares North-West to V19. If at any point he passes within 40 feet of Aiden, his blindsight finds him and he communicates this to Anastriana, who is busily making more Spot checks.

[roll0]

Thalnawr
2009-08-21, 04:40 PM
Actions Round Three:
Standard Action: Activate Winged Boots
Move Action: Fly up at an angle to N5, 15 feet above the ground.
Rounds on Invisibility: 27
Rounds on Fly: 50

MistressBaerne
2009-08-21, 05:37 PM
Continue NW - Grim and Anastriana now at R15. If I come withing 40 feet of Aiden, Grim tells Anastriana where he is and she shoots him a bunch.

Thalnawr
2009-08-21, 06:01 PM
Ok, here we go! You're going to see me after this, at least!

Actions Round Four:
Move Action: Fly up 15 more feet, and curve 30 more feet to R9
Standard Action: Initiate Lightning Throw +12d6 damage 30 foot line attack (should hit both Grim and Anastriana) Expend Psionic Focus for +2d6 extra damage
Swift Action: Activate Dual Stance (Master of Nine) for Stance of Clarity, declared vs Anastriana
Rounds on Fly: 49
Rounds left on Dual Stance: 10
AC 38 vs Anastriana, 34 vs Grim
HP: 143
Attack Roll: [roll0] (This is the DC of the Reflex save for half)
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5]

This is a 30 foot line attack, from R9 directed towards Grim and Anastriana, and will possibly hit both. If Grim fails the save, he takes damage from all rolls listed, although I believe he has Imp Evasion, so he'll take half of that. If Anastriana fails, she just takes damage from everything, but the last 2 parts of the roll, as those are Psychic bonuses that get expended when the weapon contacts the first enemy.

Maneuvers Expended:
Lightning Throw: 1

MistressBaerne
2009-08-22, 12:15 PM
EDIT: Rolls didn't work at all - See below for fixed version.

MistressBaerne
2009-08-22, 12:24 PM
Right, saves:
Anastriana: [roll0]
Grim the Dire Bat: [roll1]

And my own full attack, using Rapid Shot and Point Blank Shot:
Attack 1: [roll2] Damage: [roll3] [roll4]
Attack 2: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] [roll7]
Attack 3: [roll8] Damage: [roll9] [roll10]
Attack 4: [roll11] Damage: [roll12] [roll13]

Grim the Dire Bat, assuming he's still alive, charges Aiden and grapples.
Grapple roll: [roll14]

Thalnawr
2009-08-22, 01:47 PM
Ok, then. Anastriana would take 63 damage (unless you have Improved Evasion, then you take 31). Grim would take 39 damage.

Reflex save (DC 20) for my shield's Arrow Deflection property to save me from the first arrow that hit [roll0]
Opposed grapple check to avoid Grim's grapple [roll1]

Damage to me, once I've seen the results of above rolls below here:
Ok, attack 1 and 4 miss, attack 2 is deflected by the shield. Attack 3 hits, dealing me 28 damage.

Thalnawr
2009-08-22, 02:01 PM
Actions, Round Five:
Move Action: Rise 5 feet, move 5 feet forward to be adjacent to Anastriana. (I believe this gives Grim an Attack of Opportunity vs me).
Free Action: Aidan shouts "Tempus, grant me victory!"
Standard Action: Initiate Divine Surge maneuver vs Anastriana (+8d8 damage on melee attack)
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]
Crit Confirmation (if attack roll is 46 or higher): [roll4]

Maneuvers Expended and other vital information:
Lightning Throw: 1
Divine Surge: 1
HP Remaining: 115
AC vs Anastriana: 36
AC vs Grim: 32
Rounds on Fly = 48

MistressBaerne
2009-08-22, 09:28 PM
Hmm, can Grim use his attack of opportunity for another Grapple attempt? If so, [roll0]. If not, he bites you. [roll1] It's going to miss, so why bother rolling damage? :smallsmile:

Anyway, Anastriana fills you with arrows again, and Grim tries to Grapple if he couldn't on the AoO.

Grapple: [roll2]

Arrows:
Attack 1:[roll3] Damage: [roll4] [roll5]
Attack 2:[roll6] Damage: [roll7] [roll8]
Attack 3:[roll9] Damage: [roll10] [roll11]
Attack 4:[roll12] Damage: [roll13] [roll14]

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 12:29 AM
Reflex save for Arrow Deflecting shield, vs attack 1 (DC 20) [roll0]
Attacks 2 and 3 hit for sure, dealing me a total of 53 more damage. (will add more if I get a 1 on the Reflex save)
I'm not sure if you can Grapple on an AoO, but I'll roll an opposed check anyhow, just in case Lyndworm says you can. [roll1]
Oh, and yes, the bite if Grim can't Grapple on the AoO does miss.

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 12:46 AM
Actions, Round 6:
Move Action: Charge Mindblade with Psychic Strike (+3d8 dmg to next successful attack)
Standard Action: Initiate Mountain Hammer on Anastriana. (+2d6 dmg)
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4]
Swift Action: using Instant Clarity to regain Psychic Focus if I hit (Concentration DC 20) [roll5]

Maneuvers Expended and other Important Info:
Lightning Throw = 1
Divine Surge = 1
Mountain Hammer = 1
HP Remaining = 62
AC vs Anastriana = 36
AC vs Grim = 32
Rounds on Fly = 47
Rounds on Dual Stance = 8 (Forgot this last time)

MistressBaerne
2009-08-23, 08:41 AM
Well, this'll be the turn that decides everything - I've not got much HP left, and I'm pretty sure I can do enough damage to kill you this round as well. In any case, here we go...

Grim grapples again, because he can't do much else useful.

Anastriana wants you dead, and so full attacks again.

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] Damage: [roll4] [roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] [roll8]
Attack 4: [roll9] Damage: [roll10] [roll11]

MistressBaerne
2009-08-23, 08:42 AM
Oh, and the Grapple check:

[roll0]

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 09:22 AM
Reflex save (DC 20) for Arrow Deflection: [roll0] vs attack 1
Immediate Action: Wall of Blades (Counter) [roll1] vs attack 2
(this roll needs to be a 40 or higher to deflect the arrow)
Part of Counter's Action: use Counter Stance to change from Stance of Clarity to Leaping Dragon Stance (+10 to Jump checks, counted as running for all jumps)
Grapple check to avoid [roll2]

(space below for results of above)
Ok, so attack 1 is deflected by the shield, attack 2 is deflected by Wall of Blades, and attack 3 strikes me, dealing 24 more points of damage

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 09:44 AM
OOC:This, or your eighth round will be the final round, I believe.
Actions, round 7:
Full Attack on Anastriana
Attack 1: [roll0] Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] Damage 2: [roll4] + [roll5]
Expend Psionic Focus for Deep Impact on final attack (counts final vs your touch AC)
Attack 3: [roll6] Damage 3: [roll7] + [roll8]
Swift Action: As part of this full attack, all expended maneuvers refresh.

Vital Information:
AC vs all = 34
HP Remaining = 38
Rounds on Fly = 46
Rounds on Dual Stance = 7

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 09:48 AM
Crit confirmation for attack 2: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

I believe this is over, but I could be mistaken. By my count, you've taken a total of 213 damage. (mostly because I'm not sure if you have improved evasion or not) If I have to defeat Grim and the lions as well in order to claim victory here, I will, however. Or there's one other thing I thought of, just now. Anastriana could have been just outside the range of my Lightning Throw, which would put her as having taken 140 damage.

MistressBaerne
2009-08-23, 03:33 PM
Crit confirmation for attack 2: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

I believe this is over, but I could be mistaken. By my count, you've taken a total of 213 damage. (mostly because I'm not sure if you have improved evasion or not) If I have to defeat Grim and the lions as well in order to claim victory here, I will, however. Or there's one other thing I thought of, just now. Anastriana could have been just outside the range of my Lightning Throw, which would put her as having taken 140 damage.

That's something that puzzled me, actually, as I was flying 35 feet above the ground - as you said, just outside throw range.

Thalnawr
2009-08-23, 08:18 PM
I was using my Winged Boots, at 30 feet above ground level. But, I was 30 feet from the front of Grim, so it really depends on where the rider sits on a 4 square creature.

Lyndworm
2009-08-24, 08:01 PM
Match Finalized.

Thalnawr/Aiden Windblade, Victor
Wins 1/Losses 1

MistressBaerne/Anastriana, Victim
Wins 0/Losses 2