PDA

View Full Version : Character Help (RKV/Ur-Priest)

Sintanan
2009-08-19, 10:20 PM
I've been playing a character who just kicked the bucket... my poor, poor Warforged Artificer....
*Moment of silence*

Moving on now, the next character I want to run will start at 9th level and would be a combination of Ur-Priest and Ruby Knight Vindicator, but I don't want to have to be an ex-Cleric or the like to pull it off. This is what I came up with, but I would like to drop the need to dip scout (I'm sick of being the trap-finder in our group the moment I pick a skill monkey).

Kashue the Vindicator
Human Planar Ranger (UA)/Human Paragon/Ur-Priest/Ruby Knight Vindicator
Requires 12+ Int

Level Class Skill Allotment (Ranks) Chosen Feats
1st Ranger 1 Bluff 2, Hide 4, Know(arcana) 2, Know(the planes) 4, Iron Will, Spell Focus (Evil)
Know(religion) 2, Spellcraft 2; 5 unspent points
2nd Ranger 2 Bluff 2.5, Intimidate 2, Know(arcana) 2.5,
Know(the planes) 5; 1 unspent point
3rd Ranger 3 Bluff 3, Intimidate 3, Know(arcana) 3 Martial Stance (Martial Spirit)
Know(religion) 3
4th Paragon 1 Bluff* 6, Intimidate* 4, Know(arcana)* 5,
Know(religion)*^ 4
5th Scout 1 Know(religion) 8, Spellcraft 8
6th UrPriest1 4 unspent points Martial Study (Foehammer)
7th UrPriest2 4 unspent points
8th R.K.V
* Chosen as one of the ten class skills for Human Paragon
^ Chosen skill for Adaptive Learning.Is there any way to pick up a 4th level of ranger without having to get spellcasting, or should I just swap ranger for a completely different class?

sadi
2009-08-19, 10:43 PM
IN complete champion that you had a ranger option of not having spells and getting bonus feats instead at level 4 and other levels you'd normally get spells.

Champion of the wild alternative class feature on page 50, dump casting and gain bonus feat from list options depend on if you go archery or twf path, and a couple random choices either way.

Sintanan
2009-08-20, 12:02 AM
Well, I realized that I need the Scout in there to have a second in-class skill (first through Adaptive Learning, and the second is the scout's Spellcraft)... so unless the ranger can magically pick up either Knowledge (Religion) or Spellcraft as a class skill through some variant, I'll have to keep that dip in there.

...unless I just accept the fact I won't be able to achieve Ruby Knight Vindicator by 8th.

Draz74
2009-08-20, 02:19 AM
(I'm sick of being the trap-finder in our group the moment I pick a skill monkey).

Hey, if you're going Ur-Priest you're probably Evil anyway, so just lie about the traps that you find to your party!

"Nope, no traps in this hallway."
"Really? You spent like 2 seconds checking."
"Trust me. I rolled a natural 20 on my Search."
"OK ..." *zap*
"Whoops. Except for that one."
"... We gotta get a proper Rogue, guys."

Or what if you just don't take any ranks in Search or Disable Device at all? It would be kind of funny to play an earnest, eager Trapfinder character ... who's still less competent at finding traps than anyone else in the party.

Or take the summon elemental Reserve Feat and just play Trapfinder with your Ur-Priest spellcasting.

Eldariel
2009-08-20, 09:06 AM
Just go Swordsage 2/Crusader 3/Ur-Priest 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator ->

Doc Roc
2009-08-20, 09:34 AM
Eld has the right of it. Adaptive knowledge is way over-rated.

For the same level and a feat I can get EVERY class skill. Factotum + Able Learner = lulz

ErrantX
2009-08-20, 10:20 AM
+1 Eldariel. That build would be best IMHO.

-X