PDA

View Full Version : Blood of gods ic

Sissyphus
2009-08-19, 10:50 PM
You who stand before us, Maude and firmah, shall be cast into the dungeons to try the test of abilities which shall prove you ready for project Courel.

As the gray robed professor says this, he pulls a lever and you plumet into a deep black pit.

Temple of blades:
Today marks the start of our grand tournament, the first battle is between Arouvar and Kavels team and the bulky bruisers.

Douglass: you awaken inside an oddly swirling vortex of energy, wondering who you are. A path seems to recede into the distance.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-19, 11:44 PM
Douglass von Bartholomer woke up to the sound of his own panicked breath. He had little time to make sense of what transpired before he felt a throbbing in his head. He looked around where he was, and what he saw did not help his pitiful state. He saw an oddly swirling vortex of energy. Taking his fill of the sight, he stood up.

"Where am I?" Douglass asked... he wasn't quite sure who he asked. "Who am I?"

The man looked around, dazed. He saw a path leading from where he was. Not sure what to do, he followed the unknown path.

Krennel
2009-08-20, 02:37 AM
Maude composes himself, sweeping of his hat and speaking quickly to his falling companion.
"Hello my name is Maude Hatter,
and I dont mean to blather,
But we seem to be stuck,
like the bog muck,
the only solution is to take to the sky,
or in this case the wall,
unless you wish to die?"
Smiling mischeviously, he puts his hat back on, and spread his arms outward. Concentrating, he pulls a ball of energy into his chest, and realeases it into his fingers and toes, which he promptly sticks to the nearest wall. Holding fast as he tips his hat once more. As he attempts to put it back on his head, he realizes his fingers are stuck to it, and begins shaking his hand vigourusly.
Maude used his Warlock invocation Spider walk

ColdSepp
2009-08-20, 04:02 AM
Argur

Argur inspects his weapon, as he does before every battle, then proceeds into the arena. He is determined to win this match.

Sissyphus
2009-08-20, 06:46 AM
Douglass: the walls ofthis strange place swirl in a sickeningly rapid seizure inducing manner. A misshapen thing which is uterly revolting slithers towards you splitting into a pair. Slimy gray tenticular things hang from random points, and they seem to be mostly teeth. They appear tpbeinterested in your flesh as they slide closer.

Maude and firmah, the area youhave landed in is dark and sank with verylittle light a few manicles cover one wall.

Kavel and Arugor: the bruisers stand at the farside glaring at you
(Battle of wills)
They are incredibly large, and wearheavy spiked armor.

ColdSepp
2009-08-20, 06:56 AM
Argur

Argur ignores the glaring, readying himself.

I assume you mean Duel of Wills? If so, I am Ignoring the Challange

Ignore the Challenge: If your opponent ignores your challenge to engage in a contest of wills, make a DC 15 Intimidate check. If you succeed, you gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls against that opponent for 1 round.

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-20, 09:07 AM
"Hello Maude I am Firmah Tialian of the dark elves. Yes we must work together to prove ourselves
Firmah pulls out a coin.
Oh powers of light give me your power to help light our path before us. Firmah cast light on the coin.

I am use to have say my verbal components so I might do that here.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-20, 11:32 AM
I still get my gear, right?

Douglass should be afraid. Fear should be his primary mode of emotion at the present. After all, Douglass was in the presence of some sort of eldritch horror, bent on the consumption of his flesh. But, no. What Douglass was feeling right now was anger, pure and unmistakable fury. Combined with the slight throbbing in his head, he was not in the cowering mood.

"Come at me then," Douglass said with a shout. "YOU WILL NOT FIND ME AN EASY MEAL!"

Sanguine
2009-08-20, 01:20 PM
Kavel meets the bruisers stares with a calm icy almost inhuman stare.

Unerving Calm feat allows me to use concentration in place of intimidate:[roll0]

Krennel
2009-08-20, 02:19 PM
Maude walks down the wall, and stand next to Firmah, he wrings out is hat, as a small black cat climbs out. stretching he looks around.
Maudes eyes flash for a second.
"Firmah is your name?
I guess whe have your mother to blame,
for ruining my rhyme,
because as you know,
these things take some time!"
See the Unseen, I can see all invisible things, and dark vision.

Sissyphus
2009-08-20, 03:49 PM
The larger one quavers beneath your gaze Kavel,
the smaller (slightly) fails to look intimidating

Douglass roll inishiative against the beings.

Whee last leg of my flight home boards soon.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-20, 03:55 PM
So I still have my gear, right?

Initiative:
[roll0]

Sissyphus
2009-08-20, 04:10 PM
Yup.

The things shamble towards you.
Both strike at you with their tentacles

Attack rolls 8, 19, if either hits damage:7, 9

Kavel and arugor: roll iniative
The larger dwarf spits at you.

ColdSepp
2009-08-20, 04:12 PM
Argur

[roll0]

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-20, 04:12 PM
What do I see because of the light spell?

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-20, 04:39 PM
Douglass, despite his state, managed to deflect the first attack of the tentacle. However he was not so lucky with the second. The lashing tendril slammed against him, and dealt quite a blow.

Awakened by the pain, Douglass felt a fury inside him. His surroundings seem to take on a reddish hue, making everything look drenched in blood.

RAGE time. +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 AC.

HP: 44(52)/53
Rounds left: 8

With a fierce yell, Douglass swung his large sword at the tentacles.

Attack a tentacle. I don't know which one. The one that hit me?
Attack roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Sissyphus
2009-08-20, 09:22 PM
Douglas:
Your blade smashes into the tentacled mass cleaving deeply spurting jets of blood emanate from it as it readies to strike again.
In tandem the two tentacled masses raise their tentacles and strike at you with as much force as they can muster.
(attack rolls: 8, 22, 10, 11; 14, 16, 23, 12)
(Damage rolls: 9, 6, 7, 5; 6, 7, 8, 10)

Firmah
You see a small cluster of shackles chained to the wall in one corner of the room (10x10x20) in the farthest corner from you you can see the faint outline of a door.

Argor: (move first, unless superseded by Kavel)

(can you tell i like having a computer back?)

ColdSepp
2009-08-20, 09:30 PM
Argor: (move first, unless superseded by Kavel)

Um, where are they? How far away? What's the terrain like?

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-20, 09:30 PM
HP: 19(31)/53
Rounds left: 7

Douglass' knuckles ran white as he gripped his blade. His rage now in full swing, he resumed his attacks with unbridled fury.

Attack the tentacle I attacked previously.
Attack roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Cleave (if applicable):
Attack roll:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-20, 10:21 PM
Firmah walks towards the outline of the door holding the coin as a light source.

Sanguine
2009-08-21, 11:02 AM
Initiative:[roll0]

Sissyphus
2009-08-21, 11:12 AM
Douglass: your blade cleaves down into empty air striking a mighty spark among the stones, even as the tentacled monstrocities rear back for another attack. The wounded one backs away (leaving threatened square, make aoo) while the other slidews around behind you and attacks with a tentacle.
(attack 22)
(damage 10)

Firmah
The door is steel, locked from the outside

Argor (first), Kavel (last):
Your dwarfish foes stand 20 feet away across a sandy arena, (40x20xopensky) a crowd of first through third year students sits in the bleachers to your left to the right a sheer stone wall rises 50 feet into the sky.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-21, 11:35 AM
HP: (21)/53
Rounds left: 6

"Don't run! Don't run!"

As the tentacle slithers away, Douglass saw the opportunity and pounced on it without mercy.

AoO:
Attack roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Cleave attempt (if applicable):
Attack roll:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

Almost at the brink of death, Douglass' rage knew bounds no longer. He resumed his assault on the tentacled horror.

Attack roll:
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll5]

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-21, 12:44 PM
Firmah goes to the wall with shackles. Searching for anything unusual.
[roll0]

Krennel
2009-08-21, 01:33 PM
Maude walks up to the door and inspects the door closely, trying to see if there is a crack or keyhole Petey can fit through.

Sissyphus
2009-08-21, 08:10 PM
Douglass:
as it backs away, you scything blade reaches out, and severs it's scrawny neck, throwing gouts of blod, you turn in rage to smash your opponent, driving the blade in deep, it screams something in rapidly changing pitches as it flows about, then stirkes with it's four writhinbg tentacles.
(7, 26, 19, 14; 10, 5, 6, 5)

Maude:
There is a key hole, but it is only a faint pinprick, the outline of the lockbar is on the other side.

Firmah:
you discover a small secret hole concealed underneath one of the shacles, next to it lies the moldy remains of a brick, on the ground you can see the remnants of a spoon, which had been used to pry the brick out. You cannot see far into the hole for it makes a small bend (to small to climb through, the homniculous could do it)

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-22, 02:46 AM
HP: (10)/53
Rounds left: 5

Douglass roared as he never did before. He could feel the cold hands of death creep on him, but he stayed them with another loud yell.

He resumed his attack on the tentacled horrors. This was the last blow, he knew. With this his fate was decided. With the last ounce of his strength, he swung at his opponent with all his might.

Power Attack (-4) - Attack roll:
[roll0]
Power Attack (+8) - Damage:
[roll1]

Edit: the Dice Gods favor me this day.

Are they vulnerable to critical hits?

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-22, 11:36 AM
"Maude come here there is a small hole. Can you use your homunculus to scout for us.
Here you go Nebuchadnezzer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_l4AdtJds)

Sissyphus
2009-08-22, 11:47 AM
yes they are vulnerable to critical hits, not that it matters, you just killed it

Douglass:
your blade hammers down, describing an arc of inescapable power, flashing down it utterly destroys the things body, leaving naught but a few shredded rags of tentacular flesh.

Krennel
2009-08-22, 12:08 PM
Maude pulls off his hat, and begins pulling things out of it.
"Come on Petey,
Come to the needy."
He finaly pulls out Petey. Pointing to the hole he says.
"Fly through there, and watch your hair,
If you stick, come back and I'll fix it. Be sure to tell me what you see, that is what I need."
Petey simply rolls his oversized eyes, and cautiously enters the hole.

Sissyphus
2009-08-22, 02:53 PM
Douglas: gain exp = to one 4th lv encounter

Maude and Firmah:
the homniculous coems out a few minutes later bearing a pair of wands, and alerts you "there is nothing in the hole it just dead ends into these sticks.

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-22, 03:38 PM
Well atleast we have a pair of wands. Shall we try the door?

Krennel
2009-08-22, 04:17 PM
"Makes about as much sense, though this door is rather dense. Let me try something though.
Maude closes his eyes and concetrates, making a long yellow line between himself and the front of the door. A large hand, made of the same matriel as the floor, erupt from the end of the yellow lines, and begins beating at the door.

Sissyphus
2009-08-22, 05:53 PM
(make your attack rolls)

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-22, 06:08 PM
How much XP is that?

Triumphant, Douglass let out a loud roar. He took out two bottles from his pack and drank it hungrily. He felt the pains from his wounds lighten a bit.

Drinking two-bottles of Cure Light Wounds:

[roll0]

The reddish hue that coated the world slowly disappeared. Douglass surveyed his surroundings, and tried to get a sense of what the hell is going on.

ColdSepp
2009-08-22, 06:20 PM
Argur

Still no map,so not sure where I am

Argur moves within 10 feet of his opponents, then attacks with his spiked chain

Using Steel Wind, so I can attack them both

[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] +1 Frost Damage

[roll2] Attack 2
[roll3] +1 Frost Damage

Sissyphus
2009-08-23, 02:44 PM
(ooc): do you guys want to abbreviate the before you meet period to the end of these encounters?

maps will be done when your all together, using the celestine map tool (Blood of Gods is the name to join)

Argor: your chain bites deeply into their flesh, in outrage they roar and charge.
Attacks:
g1: atk 22, damage: 18
g2: atk:17, 14, damage:17, 12

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-23, 02:54 PM
I assume I'm done with mine. So, yeah?

Oh, and about the XP?

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-23, 03:13 PM
Sure why not.

Sissyphus
2009-08-23, 04:27 PM
1200 xp nebuchandezzar (you can play with the environment for now since your done, or if others want mmore pre meetup adventure, you have some more encounters.)

ColdSepp
2009-08-23, 04:32 PM
(ooc): do you guys want to abbreviate the before you meet period to the end of these encounters?

Doesn't matter to me.

Krennel
2009-08-23, 04:33 PM
definatly, I kinds want to get going.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-23, 04:41 PM
1200 xp nebuchandezzar (you can play with the environment for now since your done, or if others want mmore pre meetup adventure, you have some more encounters.)

No more, please. I'm dead if I encounter more like that. Can I rest, or something?

Sissyphus
2009-08-24, 07:33 AM
easlily, (you have about 10 days from your escapade to the next possible encounter) there's nothing in the environment which will hurt you at the moment.

Krennel and Xaklin, you have to get through (blast?) the door, Sanguine and Coldsepp, you guys just need to finish the tournament battle.

ColdSepp
2009-08-24, 09:47 AM
Krennel and Xaklin, you have to get through (blast?) the door, Sanguine and Coldsepp, you guys just need to finish the tournament battle.

Oh, I didn't see their actions. If they are charging me, I get a Attack of Opportunity, because I have a Spiked Chain, which gives me reach.

AoO:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +1 frost

I will now take a 5 foot step back, then, I will attack using Emerald Razor. This is a TOUCH attack, so I'll power attack as well.

Attack: [roll2] vs Touch AC
Damage: [roll3] +1 Frost damage

Sanguine
2009-08-24, 10:37 AM
Kavel's blade bursts into flame and then he moves into posistion and swings his sword into a dwarf and afterwords swings his sword around into the other dwarf.

Burning Brand followed by a move action to get in range of the dwarves prefferably flanking one followed by Steel Wind.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Damage 1:[roll1]+[roll2]

Attack 2:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]+[roll5]

Edit:I mixed up Burning Brand and Burning Blade please ignore the extra 1d6+4 damage.

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-24, 04:03 PM
Ah a thick door I think I have a spell for this.
Oh power from the elemental plane of fire. I call upon your power to help destroy the obstacles that come before me,
I cast orb of fire lesser.[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Sissyphus
2009-08-25, 08:00 PM
the first dwarf roars in outrage, as your blade sinks in, the second dodges shiftly to one side.
Both of them attack kavel, their blades dancing in the light of the full sun.
(Attacks: 14, 17; damage 13, 16)
(attacks: 17, 14; damage 12, 14)

(xaklin: The door has moor health than that)

Krennel
2009-08-25, 10:18 PM
[Spoiler] I'm getting tired of repeating myself WHAT BOUT THE GIANT FIST PUNCHING IT DOWN! [\Spoiler]

Sanguine
2009-08-26, 10:55 AM
The blades bounce of Kavel's chainshirt with little more then a thud.

ColdSepp
2009-08-26, 10:59 AM
Argur

Argur takes a swift action to recover his maneuvers, then attacks whichever looks more wounded.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sanguine
2009-08-26, 11:06 AM
Kavel takes a deep breath and then slices into his enemy.

Swift action to recover Steel Wind followed by an attack on whichever dwarf Argur didn't attack.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Sissyphus
2009-08-26, 07:15 PM
Your blade bights lightly into the dwarf, who roars and attacks:
(18; 12)
(14;16)
The other dwarf collapses (Argurs) into the dirt, clutching a wound in the side of his chest.

The door bursts asunder under the pressure of the fist, a Tall humanoid wrapped in chains stands in the doorway, where it has evidently been waiting for quite some times, as it appears to be dozing lightly (roll initiative please)

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-27, 01:32 AM
[roll0]
We get one thing down and a another appears.

Sanguine
2009-08-27, 08:34 AM
The blade misses Kavel due to a quick duck. Kavel upon getting up takes a deep breath and adjusts his footing and blade position leaving himself open but in an excellent posistion for attack he then swings with clear intent on his face.

Swift action to enter punishing Stance followed by saphire nightmare blade.

Concentration Roll: [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]and should my concentration check suceed another [roll4]

ColdSepp
2009-08-27, 10:22 AM
Argur

Argur attacks the remaining dwarf.

Attack [roll0] Using Emerald Razor, so it's a Touch Attack
Damage [roll1] Power Attacking for 3, Already included in both rolls.

Krennel
2009-08-27, 11:00 AM
[roll0]
Then let's make one thing very clear,
he is going to disapear.

Sissyphus
2009-08-27, 06:13 PM
Argur, Kavel:
your blades cut down rapidly, the dwarf caollapses on the ground were he pronounces "i yield" before falling unconscious.

A black robed man steps out onto the field shouting, "congratulations on your victory, we have a great prizes for you" he produces a Bastard sword and a shimmering Greatsword from under his cloak and hands them to you along with a Pair of Adamantium daggers that appear in his hands from somewhere, as he does so, something flickers in front of your eyes and you pass out. (you still take the weapons)

Douglass, you stumble along the passage wounded, until you find a swirling vortex of multi colored light at one end, in front of it lies a shimmering geataxe balanced blade down across the hilt of a Longsword with it's blade buried in the dirt (what do yer do)

Maude: your move

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-27, 06:24 PM
Douglass stood in awe of the majestic colors that swirled around him. He found it hard to divert his attention from the sight, but he found something that did. In front of him lied a shimmering geataxe balanced upon a longsword. Douglass walked closer towards it, intent on studying it.

Krennel
2009-08-27, 06:42 PM
Maude makes a grabbing motion with his left hand, and the stony hand grabs at the thing.
With the other Maude throws a ball of energy from his finger tips.
"Your going to be smaller,
and if you don't like that then just holler,
for one gold piece,
i'll put you to sleep.
spell failure [roll0]
Stony hands grapple check [roll1]
Since defining a target has no listed action, i assumed it would be a free action. The spell is reduce person, and if the spell failur is over 5 it is successful. It will make the opposed Grapple check take a minus 4 penalty.

Sissyphus
2009-08-30, 10:39 AM
Douglass, you feel something pulling you towards the hole, and notice with a sinking sensation, your feet are sliding involunatrily.

Maude:
The thing shrugs for a moment, rippling in its skin as magic energy plays over it then it twists, throwing the stone fist aside.
It swings it's body at you, whipping chains about. (attack 22, damage 6; attack 28, damage 7)

Sorry, internet was down.

ColdSepp
2009-08-30, 12:00 PM
Argur

Are we still unconscious?

Sissyphus
2009-08-31, 10:28 PM
yes (until the others show up, sorry)

Sissyphus
2009-09-01, 08:59 PM
A quick death notice: if action doesn't restart within 2 days the game is dead

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-09-02, 12:01 AM
What is innitative order?
So it's my turn?

Sissyphus
2009-09-03, 09:08 PM
Maude, Thing, you

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-09-04, 04:18 PM
Assuming it my turn.
"Ah he seems like a formittable opponet to withstand that but, I will give it a try."
"Oh powers long and forgotten I call upon your powers to come and stop the enemy before me."
I cast Hold Person will save 18.

ColdSepp
2009-09-05, 04:01 PM
Argur is still unconscious, so cant' really post

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-09-07, 07:46 PM
Bump this thread.

Sanguine
2009-09-08, 05:38 PM
Bump bump bumpity bump