PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Warrior Arena mk III Fight 9

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:16 PM
Omglolnub vs. Nefele

A towering figure in a dark robe enters the room where you have been milling around sizing up the competition. His face is completely obscured by his hood. He raises both hands to get your attention and speaks in a deep voice.
Thernagale, Moira. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves! With that he brings his hands down and the two of you find yourself transported to the arena (http://excessivefreetime.org/arena/arena3.html)

OOC:
You've got time for one swift action and one standard action before you get transported in case you need to adopt a stance or activate an item.

On the map, green is open terrain, yellow is difficult terrain, red/brown is the cliffs (10ft, Climb DC20, blocks LoS). Arena has a 60 foot ceiling.

Opening post should have an initiative roll, anything you said after he called your name and what, if anything you did with the 'surprise round' before being transported. After that, start fighting in initiative order.

Starting Positions:
Thernagale starts at AM-13
Moira starts at U-8

omglolnub
2009-08-19, 11:20 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:20 PM
Moira looks at the huge monster in front of her and whispers "you poor poor thing, who did this to you?", before initiating a stance and being teleported.

Initiative: [roll0]
Child of Shadow Stance

omglolnub
2009-08-19, 11:23 PM
You go first, and, don't bother calculating any fire damage, I'm immune.

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:28 PM
ROUND 1

Without immediately seeing the poor, poor monster, Moira flies straight up, reaching the ceiling. She can see it from there, and moves to its direction, but without descending.

Position: AA-14, 60 ft high.

Double move to AA-14
Designate Thernagale as my Dodge target
swift action: Law Devotion, +7 to AC for 10 rounds
free action: 1 inspiration point, +6 to AC for 1 round

AC 70
Law Devotion rounds left: 10
Inspiration points left: 2
hp:140
Your move.
EDIT: I have concealment, roll a (pathetic) 20% miss chance for each attack, please.

omglolnub
2009-08-19, 11:35 PM
Spotting the wretch on the ceiling, Thern flies up to meet her.

Flying up to the ceiling and using my other move to draw my greatsword.

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:40 PM
Umm.. position?
(I'm not looking at spoilers, and neither should you. It's an official game and we're on a need-to-know basis: Attack rolls, damage, positions and stuff which affect the opponent, yes. AC and non-visible actions, no :smallsmile:).

omglolnub
2009-08-19, 11:40 PM
I only moved up, so same position, sorry. I haven't been reading the spoilers, I just didn't realize how bad my general description was <.<

Again, sorry.

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:52 PM
OK. :)

ROUND 2

The heavens have mercy on your soul, poor thing.

Moira dashes towards the creature and draws her sword but an instance before hitting. An impossibly loud shout comes out of her elegant mouth.

IAAAII!!

free action: 1 inspiration point,+6 to AC for 1 round
move with tumble (automatic success).
Standard action: Death from above, with a DC 20 Jump check (automatic success) which makes you flat-footed.

Attack bonus: +4 (slippers) +2 (shadow hand stance)
Damage bonus: +11 (slippers) +7 (shadow blade) +4d6 (death from above) + IF damage
Iaijutsu Focus skill check: [roll0]

tumble, no AoOs.
Attack: [roll1] Vs your flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll2] + IF damage (no fire, then)

I'm not done yet. :)

nefele
2009-08-19, 11:56 PM
Total Damage [roll0]
1 swift action left: activate Sudden Stunning property. DC 10+half level+Cha = 10+7+11=28

Also, roll a Ref save 29 28 (sorry!) or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.
And by the way, your base Ref save is 5, not 11 (since all your HD and class levels have poor reflex), so you have a +16 there.

AC 70
Law Devotion rounds left: 9
Inspiration points left: 1
Sudden Stunning uses left: 11

20% miss chance

EDIT: Oh, and position: AL-14, right next to you.

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 12:17 AM
It's actually 9, Dire Bear has a good reflex save.

Ref Save:
[roll0]

Hahah, if you hadn't noticed you got it wrong, I would've been screwed.

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 12:21 AM
Taking the blow without as much as a flinch, Thurn turns to Mor.

You wanted to know who did this to me? Who gave me this power? Dear old mum the Dire Weretroll, and dear old dad the dragon.

~~~~

Full attack full power attack (only hit on a nat 20):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

nefele
2009-08-20, 12:22 AM
Oops, you're right. Go on, then. :)

Actually, I have Elusive Target, so don't bother with power attacks. :smallwink: My turn?

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 12:26 AM
Yep, and I'm not familiar with Elusive Target.

nefele
2009-08-20, 12:35 AM
ROUND 3

You filthy, despicable creature! I'll chop you to small pieces and scatter you all over the arena! Seconds from now, you'll be frying in Hell!

That was actually a Demoralize attempt. Please roll a level check (1d20 + character level + Wisdom bonus + modifiers on saves against fear)). If it's less than my Intimidate ([roll0]), you are [I]very demoralized. You suffer a -11 to your attack rolls for the rest of the encounter.

Moira glares at the creature and defiantly sheaths her weapon, as if she doesn't need it any more.

(Sheathing provokes an AoO. Go ahead.)

standard action: Combat Panache (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Combat_Panache,) (Sneering Glower)
move action: sheathe weapon

AC 64
Law Devotion rounds left: 8
Sudden Stunning uses left: 11

position: same, AL-14
no 20% miss chance this time

EDIT: Elusive Target (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Elusive_Target,). Negates powers attacks. Weee.

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 12:40 AM
(OOC: Jeez, you would think after stating that Trolls have no fear of death, that they would give them some Save vs Fear bonus)

Check:
[roll0]

Attack Roll:
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]

Edit: JW why it's -11, the SRD says -2 for one round. Also,what was the point (besides RP) that doesn't change the fact that I only hit on a nat 20 <.<

nefele
2009-08-20, 12:47 AM
(OOC: Are you kidding? They don't a give a bonus Vs fear to Frenzied Berserkers, and they'll give one to trolls? Heh.)

nefele
2009-08-20, 12:48 AM
The point is that I can't keep the AC so high forever, and the penalty to your attack comes from this feat (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Elusive_Target,).

Your turn.:smallsmile:

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 12:58 AM
I don't see bow Elusive Target give's that bonus, but meh.

Though shaken, Tern shows no signs of it.

"Damn the hells, and damn you!"

Swift Action: Activate Belt of Battle, 3 charges
Free Action: Rage
Full Round Actions: Six attacks

Attack Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:08 AM
Oh, sorry, wrong link. :smallredface:
The feat is Combat Panache (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Combat_Panache,).

ROUND 4

Moira simply snorts, and flies on a little circle before arriving at the same position as before, drawing her sword again and yelling once more.

flyby attack (with tumble, automatic success). Move more than 10 ft before the attack in order to get the bonus from the Slippers.
standard action: Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Concentration check Vs your AC (with a +32, automatic success) and you are treated as flat-footed.
Finish the move by backing 10 ft, to AJ-14

Attack bonus: +4 (slippers) +2 (diamond mind maneuver) + 2 (shadow hand stance)
Damage bonus: +7 (shadow blade) +11 (slippers) +1d6 (Sapphire Nightmare Blade)

Tumble, no AoOs
Attack: [roll0] Vs your flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll1] + IF damage
Iaijutsu Focus skill check: [roll2]

I'm not done yet... :)

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:11 AM
Total damage: [roll0]

Once again, roll a Ref save DC 28 or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.

miss chance 20% applies

swift action: Sudden Stunning
AC 64
Law Devotion rounds left: 7
Sudden Stunning uses left: 10

Done.

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 01:21 AM
Reflex Save:
[roll0]

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 01:22 AM
Still angry, Thurn flails at Moira again.

Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:22 AM
Wow. :smalltongue: (that was for the save, hot the attacks)

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:32 AM
ROUND 5

Pathetic. You are just pathetic., sneers Moira, and performs the exact stunt as before. Only this time, it's her dagger that she draws at the last minute. Her yell resonates in the arena walls.

same flyby attack as before (move at least 10 ft, attack, move 10 ft back), tumbling of course.
Since in the last round I moved 10ft after the attack, Gloom Razor triggers, and for the 1st attack of the round you are flat-footed.
Standard action: Obscuring Shadow Veil, attack with the +1 dagger.

Attack bonus: +4 (slippers) +2 (shadow hand stance) +7 (shadow hand strike, from Insightful Strike)
Damage bonus: +11 (slippers) +7 (Shadow Blade) + 5d6 (Obscuring Shadow Veil)

tumbling, no AoOs
Attack: [roll0] Vs your flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll1] + IF damage

... to be continued

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:35 AM

You know the drill: roll a Ref save DC 28 or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.

miss chance 20% applies

swift action: Sudden Stunning
AC 64
Law Devotion rounds left: 6
Sudden Stunning uses left: 9

EDIT: Done. :)

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 01:36 AM
Reflex Save:
[roll0]

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 01:38 AM
"I may be slower, but a single hit from me would leave you writhing in pain!"

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:38 AM
Oh, and roll a d20. It's a Fort save you can only fail on a natural 1. If you somehow manage to fail, you suffer a 50% miss chance on all melee and ranged attacks for 1 round.
Never mind, didn't hit anyway.

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:46 AM
ROUND 6

Last round, abomination. Hell is calling.
Moira simply drops her dagger and draws another one from her vest, just as she's flying around like before and striking the wretched creature. She ends up 10 ft away, all but covered in blood - not her own.

same flyby attack as before (move at least 10 ft, attack, move 10 ft back), tumbling of course.
Since in the last round I moved 10ft after the attack, Gloom Razor triggers, and for the 1st attack of the round you are flat-footed.

standard action: simple attack with mwk dagger
free action: inspiration point to Iaijutsu Focus (+3)
attack bonus: +4 (slippers) +2 (shadow hand stance)
damage bonus: +11 (slippers) +7 (shadow blade) -1 (mwk and not +1 dagger)

attack: [roll0] Vs your flat-footed AC
damage: [roll1] + IF damage

... to be continued.

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:48 AM
Nat 1! Good thing I have a swift action left:

Lightning recovery, immediate action. Reroll with a +2 bonus:
[roll0]

nefele
2009-08-20, 01:52 AM
That hit.
(EDIT:105 damage actually, wrong calculation, sorry)

I think you're down no matter what, and I'm counting regeneration. Do you want to go on with this?

I have vials of trollbane for your coup-de-grace. :smallwink:

omglolnub
2009-08-20, 01:58 AM
Your char is...insane....I don't think anyone can beat you except one of your own <.<

nefele
2009-08-20, 02:02 AM
You of all people, someone with 68 strength without rage, shouldn't be impressed. :smalltongue:

(Look, if you had landed 2 lucky blows, I'd be dead as a doornail. 1 lucky blow, if it was really lucky. The Dice Gods simply turned their backs. Tomorrow, they may change the mind.)

Other than that, yes, I fully admit it's an insane character. The entire concept was to make the exact opposite of a one-trick-pony. :smallbiggrin:

Good game! :smallsmile:

Lyndworm
2009-08-21, 06:53 PM
Match Finalized.

Nefele/Moira, Victor
Wins 2/Losses 0

Omglolnub/Thernagale, Victim
Wins 0/Losses 1