PDA

View Full Version : Profound musing of the day...

dogmac
2009-08-19, 11:20 PM
I just had my blood REJECTED by the red cross (had gastro in the last week. You can't give blood if you've had gastro in the last week, apparently, even though my last sick day was FRIDAY. Bah!)

I thought...

"That wouldn't happen if they were a vampire"

But then I thought...

"Maybe it would! Maybe vampires are as concerned about blood transmitted diseases as ever. Maybe some mosquitos are ACTUALLY ways for vampires to get a quick blood sample from you so they can do scientific tests to determine if your blood is worthy of them draining it from your body."

I think I'm onto something here.

The Demented One
2009-08-19, 11:56 PM
This idea=pretty solid short story material.

dogmac
2009-08-19, 11:58 PM
Yes, I now have a completely formed idea in my mind of a Vampire with OCD.

His (human) Mum worries about the declining morals of the age, as it means less virgins, and her boy might go hungry.

Flame of Anor
2009-08-20, 12:12 AM
Yes, I now have a completely formed idea in my mind of a Vampire with OCD.

His (human) Mum worries about the declining morals of the age, as it means less virgins, and her boy might go hungry.

That's hilarious, write it.

Vmag
2009-08-20, 12:25 AM
Ah, the things you get refused giving blood for.
"Have you been to Germany within the years between 1974 to 1985? Africa between 1982 and 1987? Canada between 1993-1997? The continental US between 1987 and 2012?"

dogmac
2009-08-20, 12:38 AM
And his (human) father is a dentist and wants to keep checking for cavities whenever he visits. "Your teeth have to last you an eternity, you know, you don't want them not in top knotch condition"

Vizen
2009-08-20, 04:55 AM
You have to write the story now. ^_^

bosssmiley
2009-08-20, 07:05 AM
"Maybe it would! Maybe vampires are as concerned about blood transmitted diseases as ever. Maybe some mosquitos are ACTUALLY ways for vampires to get a quick blood sample from you so they can do scientific tests to determine if your blood is worthy of them draining it from your body."

I think I'm onto something here.

See also Ultraviolet (http://www.beyondhollywood.com/ultraviolet-mini-series-1998/) (the 90s mini-series, not the terrible films). Who would be more concerned about blood pollution than haemovores?