PDA

View Full Version : contingencys

BobVosh
2009-08-20, 04:54 AM
Does anyone have a list for some good contigencys? Or just some suggestions?

Right now I am a pathfinder wizards generalist (nonbeta, actual relase version) 8th and 4th level IotSFV. My DM thinks it is a weak class...I intend to prove him wrong.

However I have had contingency for a level and still haven't settled on choosing a good one.

Important info: I have anticipate teleport on 24/7, and as soon as I get back to the arcanium I will have greater AT. However right now there are around 70 mook assassins and 3 higher level...sorcerers I believe. All trying to gun us down. We have taken to alarm + rope trick for sleeping, etc. However I could see a contingency to have to deal with this being nice.

Johel
2009-08-20, 06:57 AM
Does anyone have a list for some good contigencys? Or just some suggestions?

Right now I am a pathfinder wizards generalist (nonbeta, actual relase version) 8th and 4th level IotSFV. My DM thinks it is a weak class...I intend to prove him wrong.

However I have had contingency for a level and still haven't settled on choosing a good one.

Important info: I have anticipate teleport on 24/7, and as soon as I get back to the arcanium I will have greater AT. However right now there are around 70 mook assassins and 3 higher level...sorcerers I believe. All trying to gun us down. We have taken to alarm + rope trick for sleeping, etc. However I could see a contingency to have to deal with this being nice.

Don't know if the rules for Contingency change a lot with pathfinder.
Still, contingency, according to SRD, allow you to ready a spell up to a third of your CL. That's a 4th level spell for you.

Selection of potential contingencies :
Resilient Sphere : 1st choice. Give you 12 minutes to think straight about what to do. You can use teleport to get out of it if the situation is hopeless.
Dimension Door : 2nd choice, because unlike the 1st, you are still vulnerable and there are places where you don't want to blind teleport. But might be better if the enemy sorcerer spam disintegrate.
Invisibility, Greater : 3rd choice. You aren't protected, you are still on zone but hey !! At least, you can buy yourself a round or two.
Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser : 4th choice. Really. It will only protect you against low-level spells and the enemy spellcasters you mentionned will used something more deadly than fireballs, I guess.