PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Rome: The recruitment Thread ((Closed))

Eldritch Knight
2009-08-20, 09:58 AM
Rise of Rome

Affiliations:
The Senate
Imperial Security (Masons)
The Legions (Werewolves)
The Citizenry

There are X members of the senate, each with different loyalties. (Some loyal to themselves, some loyal to the senate, and at least one who's loyal to the legions...) There would also be a political aspect as the senate gets to vote on various laws that would affect the game. The senate's objective would be to eliminate traitors within their midst, and to assert control over the legions, through lynching and the card mechanic. The Legion's objectives are to overthrow the senate and establish their alpha, (or any of their own) as Caeser. X = 20% of total player population, rounded down.

Roles:
Senate:
Praetor - (Special) - Carries extra influence regarding laws *
Can veto/revoke 1 law every 3 days
Law Votes count as 3.
Speaker of the Senate - Seer
Senate Security - Baner

The Twist - These roles are actually voted on by the members of the senate. (Thus, the one loyal to the Legions could find themselves actually being the seer, or the baner. (They of course DO NOT know the identity of the legion's members at the start!)) Given the election idea, killing the one who holds the role merely triggers a new vote for the role, all of which is done via PM to the narrators.

* Special - if a Pro-legion member of the senate is elected to the position, and there are at least twice as many legion members than senate members, the game is over with a legion victory. (Makes sense, considering that's pretty much how it went historically...)

Legion:
Julius Caeser - Legion Alpha
Tacitus - Legion Devil
Augustus - Affiliation Seer (Ie, can only see senate member's affiliation)
Devil & Affiliation Seer are chosen by Caeser
LEGION DOES NOT KNOW PRO-LEGION MEMBERS OF SENATE AT START OF GAME!

Citizenry - You're just normal, run of the mill citizens, but the senate may be expanded by a public election, and the player with the most votes finds themselves elected to the senate.

Note: - The Senate would be known to all players at the start of the game, as that is key to the flavour of the game. In order to counteract the advantage this would give to the legions, the following rule would be in effect - No Senate member could be killed by the legions until the Imperial Security is eliminated. (Senate members could still by lynched of course.) Should a senate member be targeted, the attack is ineffective.

Laws: These are special conditions that can influence the game either postively or negatively. One law shall be randomly proposed during each day phase. The senate can vote laws into the constitution, spend time debating (Pass on law passing) or in the case of the Praetor, veto or revoke. In order to keep things far, and so that this particular feature can be implemented in later games with reasonable ease, the system will work as follows: I, in consultation with the other narrators, will make a deck of cards, (Which will only physically exist in my posession, but the information will be given to all narrators.) which will be shuffled each time a new law is to be voted into order. The laws will include such effects as:

Publically execting a target judged by senates majority vote.
Banishing a player for a day or two (removing ability to point, or use abilities)
Dismissing the Senate and reforming with a new one.
And Others.

As this is set during the Roman era, I strongly recommend that any senate members roleplay the law process in order to keep the flavour of the game as strong as possible.

Players Recruited: 24

The Bookworm
Fleeing Coward
Gothicbob
Shadowcaller
DarklightDragon
Kyouhen
Murska
Zar Peter
Aemoh
Grim ranger
Helgraf
Lord Herman
billtodamax
Opeth Freak
Dirk Kris
Reinholdt
Lamech
Hyozo
Cpt. Soup
Lubirio
Supagoof
Smuchmuch
Elder Tsofu
Freshmeat

The Bookworm
2009-08-22, 09:58 AM
I'm in! With filler.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-22, 09:59 AM
Count me in.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-22, 10:22 AM
IN! As Co-Narrator!

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-22, 10:24 AM
Sounds good in

Shadowcaller
2009-08-22, 10:27 AM
I guess I will sign up for this game.

DarkLightDragon
2009-08-22, 10:27 AM
I have been summoned, so here I am. This should be interesting.

Kyouhen
2009-08-22, 10:28 AM
In! Without filler!

Murska
2009-08-22, 11:24 AM
I'm in. Last time I was a Mason but the game didn't actually start. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-08-22, 11:31 AM
I'm in. And I take the filler, too.

Aemoh
2009-08-22, 02:25 PM
In, says I!

Grim ranger
2009-08-22, 02:36 PM
So totally in :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2009-08-22, 03:01 PM
Sure, why not.

Lord Herman
2009-08-22, 06:21 PM
Count me in! :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2009-08-22, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I'm in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-23, 09:25 AM
Moar WW for me. In!

Dirk Kris
2009-08-23, 09:34 AM
Togas?
Of course I'm in!

Reinholdt
2009-08-23, 11:02 AM
I'm in. Still.

Lamech
2009-08-23, 12:04 PM
Pick me! Pick me! Wocka! Wocka! Wocka!

Hyozo
2009-08-23, 07:08 PM
What is this? It is time for the first game I ever joined to start? Naturally, I'm still in.

Wreckingrocc
2009-08-23, 10:53 PM
In, though tweaks look like they could be made:

Since the Security is a senator, the legion has no way of killing any senators without voting them out. Thus, they have only the citizenry to target. The senate can just lynch the citizenry one by one until the wolves are eliminated; having 1/5 of the total populace, they'll probably end up having more members than the Legion, and thus they'll be impossible to defeat.

Personally, I think the senate should have something like a 50% chance of being saved when a kill is attempted, or they should be hidden, save for a single speaker who represents them (who cannot be killed unless the baner is killed). The speaker could be elected.

Alternatively, all roles could be distributed, and Senator will be added onto whatever role they already have- thus, wolves could exist in or out of the senate. Any wolves who are placed in the senate would not know their allies.

Cpt. Soup
2009-08-23, 11:02 PM
I also wish to be in!

Eldritch Knight
2009-08-24, 10:27 AM
In, though tweaks look like they could be made:

Since the Security is a senator, the legion has no way of killing any senators without voting them out. Thus, they have only the citizenry to target. The senate can just lynch the citizenry one by one until the wolves are eliminated; having 1/5 of the total populace, they'll probably end up having more members than the Legion, and thus they'll be impossible to defeat.

Personally, I think the senate should have something like a 50% chance of being saved when a kill is attempted, or they should be hidden, save for a single speaker who represents them (who cannot be killed unless the baner is killed). The speaker could be elected.

Alternatively, all roles could be distributed, and Senator will be added onto whatever role they already have- thus, wolves could exist in or out of the senate. Any wolves who are placed in the senate would not know their allies.

There is a difference between Imperial Security and Senate security. To clarify, the wolves cannot kill any player elected to the senate without first eliminating the Imperial Security, (the Masons). In order to maintain game balance, there's going to be fewer members of the Masons, because the game essentially starts with a secure network for them.

Wreckingrocc
2009-08-24, 12:53 PM
Ahh, alright; must've missed that.

Still, that could still be extremely difficult; perhaps they can kill one the night after a mason is killed, but then the masons can recuperate and the guard will come back up? Or the chance that it will succeed is based on the number of masons? (If there are four masons, it starts out impossible; if one is dead, there's a 25% chance of success; 2 dead, 50%, 3 dead 75%, all dead 100%)...

:smallconfused:

It could work as you have it, too, though. Just throwing out potential ideas.

Lamech
2009-08-24, 11:52 PM
What happens if Imperial security get elected to senate? Whoops what do you know we have an unkillable senator. Then every election? Another one will pop up. Not good.

Imperial security should lose there role if they become a senator. (Obviously they will still be trusted.)

Lubirio
2009-08-25, 04:58 AM
I'm in, I like the idea of the roman era a lot. don't know what filler is though :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-25, 05:13 AM
There is a minimum post length of 10 characters. Usually these posts are ment to be just : ''IN!'' But that wouldn't make 10 characters. So anything that fills up those remaining seven or more is a filler.

Lubirio
2009-08-25, 05:18 AM
I see, thank you, so "In, filled" would work perfectly :smallbiggrin:

Eldritch Knight
2009-08-25, 11:48 AM
What happens if Imperial security get elected to senate? Whoops what do you know we have an unkillable senator. Then every election? Another one will pop up. Not good.

Imperial security should lose there role if they become a senator. (Obviously they will still be trusted.)

Actually, the thing about Imperial Security being elected is actually quite simple. They don't lose their Imperial Security role for being elected into one of the three elected roles. So they're actually vulnerable from being security. (As far as story reasons, just look at the number of Roman Emperors assassinated by their own guards. Pride goeth before a fall, so of course you'd be overconfident.) For example, Player Joe was originally a member of Imperial security. He gets elected to the Praetor position. If the wolves attacked him, he would be killed. So, be careful about who you elect - you never know if they've got a hole in their armour. This is primarily because I was originally thinking that an attack on an elected official would result in a random member of Imperial Security being killed instead. However, because that rule would make it easy for the wolves to eliminate the imperial security by attacking the elected officials, that rule was quickly dropped in favour of this system.

Supagoof
2009-08-25, 11:54 AM
I go with In like Fin! usually, but he hasn't showed up yet for this game. So I guess In like Fin shoulda been will be my response this time. :smallamused:

smuchmuch
2009-08-25, 12:24 PM
Delenda sunt Lupos !
I'm in.

Elder Tsofu
2009-08-25, 12:55 PM
Sounds complicated and fun. Count me in.

Freshmeat
2009-08-25, 01:52 PM
In, of course.

Guancyto
2009-08-26, 02:01 PM
Should be interesting. In!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-27, 06:16 PM
I'll be in this one.

...Wait, did I just use thread necromancy again? :smalleek:

Never mind.

Irbis
2009-08-27, 06:19 PM
Was the last post in this one over two weeks old? :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-31, 11:57 AM
Ah yes, hmm. I believe hmmm no...Hmmmm....

ONE WEEK OF RECRUITMENT LEFT!!!

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-01, 08:08 PM
As I am going away for the weekend, recruitment will end at 11:00 AM on the 4th. Roles will be sent out over the weekend, and the game will start when I return later in the evening on the 7th.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-05, 07:18 AM
RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED.
But we'l probably let you in if you ask nicely. >.>

Player list(27):

{table=head]Player Name|Died on|Role
Aemoh||
billtodamax||
Cpt. Soup||
DarklightDragon||
Dirk Kris||
Elder Tsofu||
Fleeing Coward||
Freshmeat||
Geesi||
Gothicbob||
Grim ranger||
Lamech||
Helgraf||
Hyozo||
Kyouhen||
Lord Herman||
Lubirio||
Murska||
Opeth Freak||
Reinholdt ||
Shadowcaller||
Shadowhisper||
Smuchmuch||
Supagoof||
The Bookworm||
Tired N’ Drowzy||
Zar Peter||
[/table]

EleventhHour
2009-09-05, 07:24 AM
... Oh, Snap. :smalltongue:

Fin
2009-09-05, 09:18 AM
Nooooo! Please can I join!

I wanted to be in like Goof, then we would have all laughed at how the tables had turned. :smallfrown:

Guess this'll be the second game I will petition to allow me to be on the auto-lynch replacement list.

I don't know how I keep missing games...

Dr. Bath
2009-09-05, 09:27 AM
Me tooo! This will be my first game in ages. Please please.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-05, 11:27 AM
Only because it'd even stuff out!:smallwink:

Player list(30):

{table=head]Player Name|Died on|Role
Aemoh||
billtodamax||
Cpt. Soup||
DarklightDragon||
Dirk Kris||
Dr. Bath||
Elder Tsofu||
Elm11 ||
Fin||
Fleeing Coward||
Freshmeat||
Geesi||
Gothicbob||
Grim ranger||
Lamech||
Helgraf||
Hyozo||
Kyouhen||
Lord Herman||
Lubirio||
Murska||
Opeth Freak||
Reinholdt ||
Shadowcaller||
Shadowhisper||
Smuchmuch||
Supagoof||
The Bookworm||
The Fiery Tower||
Tired N’ Drowzy||
Zar Peter||
[/table]

Fin
2009-09-05, 01:39 PM
Yes I'm In!

*does the IN dance round a cake*

In in in in in (ad infinitum....)

TFT
2009-09-05, 01:50 PM
hmmm, may I join to play and make it a round 30?

@V Yes! No one can defy the logic of round numbers!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-05, 02:07 PM
Only because it evens out to 30!:smalltongue:

Elm11
2009-09-05, 04:26 PM
And can i stuff up that logic and make it 31? i haven't had a chance to get on teh interwebz because the haven't been working

Lubirio
2009-09-05, 06:05 PM
could anyone post a link to the game thread (if it's a new one) in here for convenience purposes please :smallbiggrin:

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-09, 09:28 AM
There will be a slight delay as we finish the last of the prep work. Roles have not yet been sent out. I apologize for the delay.

MoonBeam
2009-09-09, 12:43 PM
Please, alter the thread title by adding [recruitment closed] tag (or something similar) to avoid confusion and/or disappointment in potential players who run through the rules and found out they cannot join anymore. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-13, 02:15 PM
You can join. >.> You just have to ask nicely.

That offer lasts for 5 min.
That offer lasts for this evening.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-13, 08:18 PM
Aye, we've both been busy, but we're on track now. This should be quite the interesting game!

Lubirio
2009-09-13, 08:29 PM
Sorry for saying it this late, but I thought I would be available more, I can't participate in this game, if yuo want I can be the first autolynch or whatever. I'm really sorry.

TehSheen
2009-09-13, 08:38 PM
Please, may I join this game? If you want, I can be on the autolynch list. When I read through the forums, I see games that I really want to play but can't join! So can you consider this? I'll give you a free cookie!:smallbiggrin:

Lubirio
2009-09-13, 08:42 PM
TehSheen can fill up the spot I opened up, seems perfect...

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-13, 09:26 PM
"Indeed. Minion! Make a note of it!"

*Someone whispers of stage*

"What do you mean he's on vacation? Since when do minions get vacations?"

Wreckingrocc
2009-09-17, 03:59 PM
...This game dead?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-17, 04:11 PM
No...Umm.....We're just taking our time.

Rome wasn't build in seven days, you know!

We're being historically accurate. >.>
Read: DD is very busy with college, drawing stuff, writing stuff and stuff. And EK is very busy with his own real life stuffs. We apologize and will try to get a game soon near you.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-17, 04:14 PM
Indeed. If it is at all possible, we will start sometime this weekend.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-18, 03:05 PM
There will be a slight change to the rules. The Senate now has a Judiciary position, which has the ability to scry on affiliation. This role has been added in order to balance out the ability of Augustus. Day One will be starting on Monday, pending post approval, and roles and affiliations shall be sent out over the weekend.

Alarra
2009-09-21, 04:47 PM
Have roles been sent out yet? *looks and sees that there's no thread waiting approval* Umm... I don't suppose there's room for one more in this? :smallredface:

billtodamax
2009-09-22, 01:27 AM
Well, I haven't gotten a role yet. So I suppose not.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-22, 08:00 AM
Yes, yes, there's still room. *Sigh* one of the problems we've been having is the timezone difference. Makes it rather difficult for the two of us to communicate. Again, we apologize, and we're working on it.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-22, 09:10 AM
Silly timezones.:smallannoyed:

And DD has been sick. And very busy with college, and other stuffs.

We're working on it.

Mordokai: Don't tempt us with meme-ification.:smalltongue:

TehSheen
2009-09-25, 06:22 PM
Yay, I got my role! :smallsmile:

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-27, 07:09 AM
If you have not recieved a PM from us, then you are just a lowly Plebian. There's only one thing left to do, and that is determine affiliations. Therefore, in the interests of saving time, I'd like all players to PM me with their choice of affiliation. I will either confirm or reassign your affiliation. That is all.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-27, 07:12 AM
And please, don't pm me. My PM box is already bursting as is. >.>

Elm11
2009-09-27, 09:01 AM
Argh. sorry gents, due to poor interwebz, i have to pull out.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-27, 06:31 PM
My barbarians are now raiding your Rome!

M n ur kingdum advisin ur king!

All ur rome r belong to us!

Yar!

billtodamax
2009-09-28, 05:53 AM
I'll be away until Tuesday the sixth. I may be able to post, but please don't AL me.