PDA

View Full Version : Three Homebrewed Races (P.E.A.C.H.)

Newspaper
2009-08-20, 02:13 PM
So this is my first time making homebrewed races and I'd just like to have some more experienced homebrewers look over them. All ideas and criticisms are welcome!

Thank You.

Human

Human Racial Traits
Medium: Humans are medium creatures.
Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Eager Learner: Humans receive an extra 4 skill points at first level and 1 bonus skill point every level after that.
Talented: Humans receive one bonus feat at first level.

Rat Folk
Long ago a village of humans lived in peace. But that ended when a powerful wizard of the First Race decided to use them in a magical experiment. Using his powerful magics he gave each villager the form of a rat. Horrified by their change they hid in the wilderness of the world. Only recently have they come out of hiding and begun to interact with other people again.

Rat Folk Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Over the years the Rat Folk have become quicker and agile but their change often puts others off.
Medium: Rat Folk are medium creatures.
Normal Speed: Rat Folk have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Rat Folk can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only but it is otherwise like normal sight and Rat Folk can function just fine with no light at all.
Tail & Paws: Rat Folk receive a +2 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks.
Fur Coat: Rat Folk have a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
Shadowy Origin: Add +1 to the caster level of spells with the Shadow subschool cast by Rat Folk.
Seeker: Rat Folk receive a +2 racial bonus on Search checks.

Freyr
When the first of the Freyr discovered the beauty of sound and rhythm their lives were forever changed. Freyr love nothing more music and dance. They often practice magic and are known for their cunning spells.

Freyr Racial Traits
+2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Although very nice and friendly, Freyr tend to be absent minded.
Medium: Freyr are Medium creatures.
Normal Speed: Freyr have a base speed of 30 feet.
Keen Senses: Freyr receive a +2 bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
Freyr Spirit: Freyr receive a +3 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment and illusion spells or effects.
Freyr Trickery: Freyr receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance.
Inner Song: Freyr receive a +2 bonus on Performance checks.

Doc Roc
2009-08-20, 02:40 PM
Why buff human? It's widely considered one of the best racial choices.

Newspaper
2009-08-20, 02:56 PM
Why buff human? It's widely considered one of the best racial choices.

I can take that away easily enough, but I'm really wondering about the other two races. Are they adequate?

PumpkinEater
2009-08-20, 03:47 PM
I can take that away easily enough, but I'm really wondering about the other two races. Are they adequate?

The human is superior to both the other races, and the Freyr is, in my opinion, the worst race there.

Dragon Elite
2009-08-20, 04:26 PM
The freyr is the weakest. Maybe add some base land speed? 35 or 40 would help balance it.

Newspaper
2009-08-20, 04:41 PM
What about giving them a bonus to saves against all magic?

Dragon Elite
2009-08-20, 05:51 PM
That works. Or maybe you could give them DR 1?