PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Organization campaign idea need help and opinions

Gourtox
2009-08-20, 02:50 PM
Ok so I have this idea about a game that revolves around organizations that are run by the PCs. The PCs themsleves would be mid-level around 10 and they would get the Natural Leader feat for free. Each of them would be Dmed individually as they go about building their orangizations and as the got bigger the organizations would meet. Other than that I don't really know what I'm gonna do. Any thoughts?

Gourtox
2009-08-20, 09:00 PM
I'm Thinking KOTOR Era or Legacy Era as their is more room for Sith and JEdi Organizations. No one has any thoughts?

erikun
2009-08-21, 01:51 AM
I... assume this is Star Wars?

This sounds very much like West Marches (http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/), where players are free to go about whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. The big difference is that you will have one-DM, one-PC sessions, at least until the players meet up.

How are you planning on organizing this? PbP or e-mail sounds the most logical, as it's just you and the player. You could have them to contact you and arrange a session, like in West Marches, but some people may feel odd without a party.

I would think each session would move quickly. After all, you won't be rolling for the character - you'll be rolling for the organization. A few rolls can easily cover months or years of time.

What will the players be interacting with? How will they be interacting with each other? Corporate takeovers? Outright war? Do you want to allow one player to try to assassinate another?

I guess I need a clearer idea of the big picture to really advise further.

Gourtox
2009-08-21, 07:58 AM
I... assume this is Star Wars?

This sounds very much like West Marches (http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/), where players are free to go about whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. The big difference is that you will have one-DM, one-PC sessions, at least until the players meet up.

How are you planning on organizing this? PbP or e-mail sounds the most logical, as it's just you and the player. You could have them to contact you and arrange a session, like in West Marches, but some people may feel odd without a party.

I would think each session would move quickly. After all, you won't be rolling for the character - you'll be rolling for the organization. A few rolls can easily cover months or years of time.

What will the players be interacting with? How will they be interacting with each other? Corporate takeovers? Outright war? Do you want to allow one player to try to assassinate another?

I guess I need a clearer idea of the big picture to really advise further.

I plan for DMing to be like this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102967) with each individual having a personal DM by pbp. The way I plan it is for the PCs to have a hands on approach. They will go on adventures with a party of three npcs and themselves or just by themselves. The adventures are all about helping the organization somehow and there may be minor things in the adventure that can help them if noticed. As for how they can interact, They can decide how to interact as they see fit however assassinations are something I'm gonna have to think about. A little bit of setting I have devised to help.

The Yuuzhan Vong War has just ended and with it came the destruction of the Jedi Temple. The Republic is weak and new organizations are sprouting up all over the galaxy. Some are hoping to depose the Republic and take the reigns of power while other are for credits and some are trying to rebuild the jedi order.

So any thoughts now?

Katana_Geldar
2009-08-21, 08:18 AM
The Force Unleashed book shows a lot about PCs creating Rebel cells against the Empire, this might be useful if you adapt it to the right time.

Gourtox
2009-08-21, 09:07 AM
The Force Unleashed book shows a lot about PCs creating Rebel cells against the Empire, this might be useful if you adapt it to the right time.

That was actually where the whole idea started. TFU organizations are gonna be the basis of the game except for one thing which I forgot to mention. The natural leader feat is modified so that it just allows you to have an organization.

Mr. Mud
2009-08-21, 01:40 PM
Are these Organizations only going to be Jedi/Sith? If so then I suggest KotOR, defiantly. Legacy would work if that's really your thing though.

Gourtox
2009-08-21, 01:49 PM
Are these Organizations only going to be Jedi/Sith? If so then I suggest KotOR, defiantly. Legacy would work if that's really your thing though.

They can be any kind of oranization. I just figure Kotor and Legacy eras are the ones where you could have jedi or Sith organizations.

Gourtox
2009-08-21, 08:54 PM
AS the TFU organization they would start as a rank 1 with just them and the three NPCs whose level I have not decided on I'm think about level 9 maybe, but i'm not sure. What do you think a good level would be?

Mr. Mud
2009-08-21, 09:56 PM
AS the TFU organization they would start as a rank 1 with just them and the three NPCs whose level I have not decided on I'm think about level 9 maybe, but i'm not sure. What do you think a good level would be?

Hmm... I'd go a bit higher, depending on how much or little these NPCs will do. Also, I'd say KotOR > Legacy. Especially for something like this.