PDA

View Full Version : The DLC/Expansion Thread

Mr._Blinky
2009-08-20, 03:37 PM
So, I'd been wondering what DLC and/or expansions for games people had purchased and felt were worth-while. I know that for myself a lot of the time I'll see that a game has extra content, but I won't buy it because I don't know if it's any good. This thread is for discussing things like expansions, map packs, side quests, and the like that people have downloaded for their games and what they thought of them, and also for people to ask whether something is worth the purchase.

For myself:

Fallout 3: The Pitt
So far this is one of the few pieces of DLC I've picked up, and I'm kind of torn about it. On the one hand, it's fun, is worth a few hours extra entertainment, and can net you some really nice new items. On the other hand, I'm still on the fence as to whether it was worth $10. Bottom line is that if you really enjoyed Fallout 3 like I did, and plan on keeping on playing for a while longer, pick it up. But I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't enjoy the core experience, or if you've already beaten the game and wouldn't play it anymore except for this. Fun as it is, the new items are only worth it if you plan on continuing to play once you've beaten it.

Optimystik
2009-08-20, 03:56 PM
Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky

Prince of Persia 2008: Epilogue

Both highly worth it.

Mr._Blinky
2009-08-20, 04:09 PM
Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky

Prince of Persia 2008: Epilogue

Both highly worth it.

Those were actually both DLC that I'd been curious about. Anything more you can tell me about them?

Mc. Lovin'
2009-08-20, 04:58 PM
Oooh yeah I'd be really interested in the Prince of Persia DLC, didnt even know it existed!

Um, the new Gears of War 2 DLC Dark Corners is great value, 1600ms points for every downloaded map since release, which comes up to about 19 maps, which is *really* good.

Bouregard
2009-08-20, 05:26 PM
Gothic 2 NotR
Mass Effect Addon
The Guild Addon

Diablo 2 Addon
Warcraft 3 TFT
Starcraft Broodwar

Actually there are many games with good expansions out there. Sadly newer games mostly just add a few new units/maps and thats it. 3 Years ago a expansion was usually the big patch that removes all those annoying bits with pure awesomeness.

Crispy Dave
2009-08-22, 12:38 AM
I hate DLC. It used to almost all be free in the days of PC gaming. It wasn't until consoles started having it that PC games started charging for it as well.

Heroic
2009-08-23, 04:35 PM
Fallout 3: Broken Steel is the best DLC for this game I believe.
Not only does it raise the level cap to 30, but gives you new persk, weapons, and continues the "main" questline.

Ohh and Operation Anchorage was reaaally cool :smallbiggrin: