PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Slow Spell

Scipio
2009-08-20, 05:51 PM
An issue has come up recently with the Slow spell (one of my favorites). How does the spell affect Free, Immediate and Swift actions? The spell description says you are limited to "a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions)."

Any thoughts? I did not see anything in the FAQ.

Thanks!

Frosty
2009-08-20, 06:03 PM
THey have no affect upon immediate and swift actions or even Free actions.

Kelpstrand
2009-08-20, 06:05 PM
I usually assume that anything that doesn't recognize such actions means you should allow them.

For example, I say nausea/slow/zombie all allow swift or immediate actions, and infinite free actions.

peacenlove
2009-08-20, 06:08 PM
I asked the same question at wizards site. I would provide a link with the answers but the site is down. :smallfurious:
Anyways the general concensus is that it is subject to DM discretion since slow was written before swift/immediate actions and hasn't been updated.

Zeta Kai
2009-08-20, 06:28 PM
I asked the same question at wizards site. I would provide a link with the answers but the site is down. :smallfurious:
Anyways the general concensus is that it is subject to DM discretion since slow was written before swift/immediate actions and hasn't been updated.

Agreed, & QFT. At my table, a slowed creature can perform a free action as a swift action, a swift/immediate action as a standard action, & a standard action as a full-round action. It works for us.