PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers in the Shadow IC

Jair Barik
2009-08-21, 06:34 AM
It is a cold night, the wind ripples across the grass giving it the appearance of something living, it plays with the limbs of the withered trees nearby causing them to creak and strain. Clouds roll across the sky, they are ethereal, see through, only half clouds that are incapable of truly blocking out the light that the moon shines down upon the world tonight. But the landscape is dead, the trees, the grass, nothing grows here and not a single creature lives in these hills, no deer, no bats no insects, nothing alive at least. The grass is ashen footprints crossing it lead into the face of the hill where a few stones have been disturbed in the last few minutes. There is a tomb here that has been broken into, it was well hidden but the raiders are no amateurs, they are professionals, each and every one of them.

Inside the tomb is light by a phantom glow, green light that flickers off the walls casting horribly grotesque shadows of those who enter about the place. Four pillars support the room each covered with curses and writings now silenced and dismissed, nobody has talked yet, the group has let Azama do what he does best so far, he has taken care of the curses and the casket at the centre of the room is now open, the withered body of a mage lies inside along with his earthly belongings, they may have hated him but his enemies were still willing to give him the proper rites, there is indeed some honour among thieves, regardless of how small it may be. The room is a total of 45ft by 35ft with a 15 ft ceiling, plainly decorated but a tomb any Lurker would be happy with, but now is no time for sentimentality.

Azama speaks up at last "I am ready to raise the spirit of the late wizard Femerill, are you all ready or do you have anything to say? Once we have raised him we will find what we need to know and head out back on the road, also one more thing, I require a volunteer for the haunting, traditionally a ghost is tied to a specific place but I have been perfecting an alternate spell that will allow us to tie Femerill to a person or object, a person is of course a safer bet and even if they die he will still be tied to their earthly remains. I don't care who volunteers just so long as they have no intention of abandoning our cause or touching any orbs of annihilation, do I make myself clear?"

Jair Barik
2009-08-21, 09:51 AM
OOC: From your forum ranking I can tell you are new here. You don't post in games that you have not been invited into our accepted into from the Finding players forum, don't continue posting in this topic as the party is already full and you have no character sheet

Trodon
2009-08-21, 02:18 PM
A small hunched over human leaning of a staff takes a step forward. "I'll volunteer, on a side note how many bodies are in this tomb? I'd like to keep some more undead company." If there are a few bodies here Krithnar will cast Animate Dead for up to 12HD I'll also need stats on the skeletons.

Jair Barik
2009-08-21, 02:23 PM
It appears to be a single tomb with only one casket present. The entrance was initially hidden and except for the narrow entry way into this chamber there appear to be no other rooms. Evidently this tomb seems to exist for the express purpose of storing the body of the late Femerill

Jade_Tarem
2009-08-21, 03:26 PM
Ro'Jen

Ro'Jen shakes her head but maintains her cheer. "We don't need any more undead. C'mon, let's get this show on the road!"

Description:
Ro'Jen stands at 5'0", with short, bushy white hair and crimson eyes. She's dressed in a hooded overcloak, which hangs over her form and provides shade for her. Under it, she wears a chain shirt of dwarven-wrought mithral, belted down over a black ensemble of gear and loose, comfortable clothing. A variety of equipment hangs from her belt, including climbing gear, potions, a fine sword, and several other things besides. A pack, an obviously magical longbow, and an odd, segmented quiver hang over her shoulder and down her back.

nysisobli
2009-08-21, 04:12 PM
A tall orc woman is standing there, around her neck is a holy symbol of grummish. You see she has a scar across her right eye. Across her back is a spear. She doesn't speak though, only nods. Not being very modest, you notice she isn't wearing much, under the armor she dons.

Trodon
2009-08-21, 05:58 PM
Krithnar looks as if he just got slapped in the face. "What are you talking about? "Don't need any more undead." That is just crazy. I think you have not spent enough time with the undead after a while you learn that they are some of the best company. So when are we binding the spirit to me?"

Jair Barik
2009-08-22, 02:15 AM
"No time like the present." Azama begins chanting and places a few stones in the eyes and mouth of the departed. He draws out a vial of blood and flicks it at the corpse and at Krithnar using a quill. He continues to chant for the rest of the minute and a swirl of magical energy twists and twirls about the cloaked mages body, columns of deep black energy describe arcane patterns around his feet, suddenly they twist up from the ground, entwining about Krithnar, encasing him in a black as deep as the deepest night. Suddenly the wind kicks up a faint misty outline which gradulaly fades into the shape of a slight wizard with a rather furitive look about him.

Azama smiles. "See all according to pl-" he is interrupted as lightning surges from the floor and the ceiling coursing through his body and making the man scream in tremendous pain. In a matter of seconds him and all of his belongings explode in a cloud of ash. The entrance to the tomb slams shut as a heavy stone slab flies down from the ceiling to fill the gap, the walls pulse with a faint glimmer of light and your hear the sound of gas entering the room.

http://www.celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Lurkers%20In%20the%20Shadow

Killerloop
2009-08-22, 07:39 AM
"Stupid magic user" said Killian in disgust "Seems he didn't know the full extent of what he was dealing with.

Killian moves around the room, searching for a way to exit it in the walls, loose points, levers, lighter section etc.

Search: [roll0]

nysisobli
2009-08-22, 07:48 AM
Grunnish grunts, and begins checking pillars

[roll0]

Jade_Tarem
2009-08-22, 10:01 AM
Ro'Jen

Ro keeps calm and also begins searching.

[roll0]

Sissyphus
2009-08-22, 01:21 PM
Femerill:
who calls me? who is it who dares disturb my slumber?

Killerloop
2009-08-23, 02:32 AM
Hearing the voice come from no fixed point, Killian hastily picks up a flask of Ghost Oil from his backpack.

"Femerill the wizard? We summoned you in behalf of the Lurkers in the Shadow. We need your help to find the wand of Orcus" said the fighter with a slow and clear tone.

Jair Barik
2009-08-23, 02:58 AM
The gas is not yet strong enough to effect anyone and Ro'Jen manages to find a piece of wall that appears as though it could be a door (G3)

Sissyphus
2009-08-23, 05:05 PM
i can't see the map

Jair Barik
2009-08-24, 02:28 AM
Neither can i now, not sure what happenned, regardless, the origional entrance was on the north facing wall the hidden door is on the west facing wall.

Sissyphus
2009-08-24, 07:36 AM
why is it that you would seek me, why disturb my slumber? The wand stills draws at mortals so? If i should do this, would you let me to rest?

nysisobli
2009-08-24, 07:38 AM
Wrenching souls from the afterlife is no laughing matter, of course we would. I will see to it you are returned myself. The orc spoke for the first time

Sissyphus
2009-08-24, 05:55 PM
good
the ghostly wizard flows off of his tomb over to the wall, and puts his hand through it (if he can) then moves through the wall into the outside area to look around.

Killerloop
2009-08-24, 06:25 PM
"Seems strange to me, don't you want a second chance at life?" said Killian

Jair Barik
2009-08-25, 05:01 AM
As Femerill touches the wall a spark of light bursts from its surface and strikes out at him. (1 point of damage)

The gas is beginning to get stronger in the room and even Femerill feels something dangerous within it.

Killerloop
2009-08-25, 05:21 AM
"Ok, its not funny anymore" said Killian, feeling discomfort.
"We have to open this door, now"

Killian tries to open the door by pushing if it moves, or lifting the whole door if necessary.

Jair Barik
2009-08-25, 05:39 AM
The door doesn't budge but through his efforts Killian determines that it appears to have a handhold that could be pulled forward if need be. (Fortitude saves everyone, DC 15 if your a living breathing creature, DC 14 if your undead and loving it, note that the DC 15 is a poison the DC 14 isn't)

Killerloop
2009-08-25, 05:48 AM
Fortitude: [roll0]

Killian pulls the handhold of the secret door forward

nysisobli
2009-08-25, 06:21 AM
fortitude save

[roll0]

Trodon
2009-08-25, 03:35 PM
Fortitude [roll0]

Sissyphus
2009-08-25, 07:56 PM
[roll0] (fort save)
Ouch
I fade onto the ethereal plane (de manifest)

Jade_Tarem
2009-08-25, 09:56 PM
fort save: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2009-08-26, 02:18 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Before he vanishes Femerill's form burns slightly. Both Krithnar an RoJen begin choking on the fumes as they enter the room but Killian succeeds at pulling open the door. It opens into a 50ft passage that is 5ft wide and ends with what appears to be a statue of a man who is pointing and lughing in your direction. The passage then branches to the left when it reaches this statue.

@Sissyphus

You turn ethereal and the world becomes blurred just as it always does on the ethereal plane, but you can still see the walls, floor and ceiling of the chamber clearly as they burn with holy light. The light parts at the now opened door way. Thankfully on the ethereal plane you no longer feeling the burning air.

OOC:Femerill takes 5 points of temporary wisdom damage
Krithnar and Killian both take 2 points of temporary wisdom damage

Sissyphus
2009-08-27, 06:16 PM
I float down the hallway slowly, seemingly in a daze

Jade_Tarem
2009-08-27, 09:04 PM
Ro'Jen

Ro'Jen staggers out into the hallway, coughing. "Just like home." She rasps out.

Jair Barik
2009-08-28, 02:18 AM
OOC: How far out into the hallway? Just curious as its only 5ft wide and a marching order will probably need to be established

Killerloop
2009-08-28, 02:32 AM
OOC: Being a pure fighter I can lead from the front followed by someone who can avoid me springing 38947398 traps :)

Jair Barik
2009-08-28, 02:36 AM
OOC: Make a reflex save then Killerloop
3 down, 38947395 more to go

Killerloop
2009-08-28, 02:43 AM
OOC: But I didn't even moved... well. Reflex: [roll0]

"Come on guys, I'll lead the way. Please someone who is good at spotting traps come behind me... I'm not very good at it".

Jair Barik
2009-08-28, 02:46 AM
OOC: Oops my mistake... Regarless though

Killian escapes the room by the secret passage but when he gets 20ft down it a trap door springs underneath his feet. However due to his highly trained senses he manages to jump aside and easily makes it to the other side, jumping at the last minute.

Killerloop
2009-08-28, 02:50 AM
"Let's move th... WOAH!" said Killian, managing to jump to safety at the last minute and landing messily on the oher side

"Ahem, as i said we DEFINITELY need a trap spotter here!"

nysisobli
2009-08-28, 05:07 AM
Im no trap finder, the cleric says.

nysisobli
2009-08-28, 05:15 AM
Grunnish casts find traps

Killerloop
2009-08-28, 05:21 AM
"At last! Now let's advance"

Killian pulls his everburning torch and leads on towards the statue, moving carefully to let his companion check for traps.

nysisobli
2009-08-28, 05:23 AM
Im gonna take a 20 =)

Jair Barik
2009-08-28, 09:56 AM
After a thorough search Grunnish deduces that there is a pressure plate directly in front of the statue that is rigged to open a compartment in the roof.

Sissyphus
2009-08-30, 10:42 AM
What did you guys find? Femerill asks, might i be of assistance with dealing with it?

(sorry internet was down)

Killerloop
2009-08-30, 11:37 AM
"Nothing interesting" said Killian "Do you have any knowledge of this place?"

Trodon
2009-08-31, 09:14 PM
Ooc: Sorry guys I forgot to bookmark this game and forgot about it.

Krithnar stumbles a little bit seeming stunned. "Whoa, what what that?"

Jair Barik
2009-09-02, 09:24 AM
I'm assuming youve all left the gas chamber into the passageway and none have trod on the trap square or jumped down the pit. What are you doing now though?

Killerloop
2009-09-02, 09:41 AM
I'd say we go left at the statue, seems a mandatory choice.

Jair Barik
2009-09-02, 01:00 PM
so your going to tread on the trap square?

Its mapped like this

WSW
PTW
WPW
WPW
WPW

Jade_Tarem
2009-09-02, 01:13 PM
OOC:
I'm sorry, is there any reason why we can't just hop over the trapped square? It's just a square...

Jair Barik
2009-09-02, 03:05 PM
OOC: Just wanted to check that was your intention. You'd have to squeeze around the corner but otherwise thats fine

Sissyphus
2009-09-03, 09:10 PM
I float over the trap, to examine the statue

Jair Barik
2009-09-04, 02:44 AM
The statue is of a man pointing down the corridor from where you came and laughing vigorously. It is of a very high quality. From your position in the hallway you can also see down the other branch of the corridor. It leads on for about 20ft and then ends in a spiral staircase down.

Trodon
2009-09-12, 11:01 PM
ooc: Is this game dead?

Jair Barik
2009-09-12, 11:27 PM
OOC: Not sure. I'm still posting if the players are still posting but everyone seems to have stopped playing for some reason.

Jade_Tarem
2009-09-13, 02:35 AM
OOC:
I'm still subscribed.

Re is mostly along for the ride. I'll change that if need be and make her a tad more 'active' if you want. :smallsmile:

Killerloop
2009-09-13, 04:29 AM
Well lets' descend the staircase then!

Jair Barik
2009-09-13, 09:46 AM
Crawling carefully round the corner I presume so as to avoid the trap tile? Also as nobody cheecked what was down the first pitfall there was a gelatinous cube at the bottom

Trodon
2009-09-16, 12:09 PM
So... do you want some INI rolls?

Jair Barik
2009-09-16, 12:30 PM
No the cubes sitting where it is and none of you have bothered looking at it. It's a part of the trap and poses no real threat to your progress

Trodon
2009-09-17, 06:55 PM
Ah, alright.

Edit: Dead game? I was seeing if anyone would post anything at all.

Edit 2: Yeah Dead game.