PDA

View Full Version : [4e] - Bazaar of the Bizarre: Primal Items

Shadow_Elf
2009-08-21, 04:00 PM
Overall, it looks pretty good, but that Pouncing Armor is awesomesauce in a can, IMHO.

I only have two problems - one, some soulfangs have enhancement bonuses, but do not list what they confer it to. And secondly, the last page is totally blank?

So, DDI subscribers of the Playground... thoughts?

Shadow_Elf
2009-08-22, 05:15 PM
*Bump*. So, no one has any thoughts on these items? I thought most of them were pretty good, honestly, and the paragraphs of fluff text made much less "meh" than other items, so I am kinda surprised by the lack of reactions.

And I am still confused as to why some soulfangs have enhancement bonuses.

FoE
2009-08-22, 05:25 PM
Where is Bazaar of the Bizarre? I have DDI but I haven't seen it. (Then again, I'm not really looking; I ain't so crazy much about the Primal power source.)

Shadow_Elf
2009-08-22, 05:28 PM
Where is Bazaar of the Bizarre? I have DDI but I haven't seen it. (Then again, I'm not really looking; I ain't so crazy much about the Primal power source.)

All the Gen Con feedback knocked it off the front page the day it was posted. Its in the August issue, from yesterday. If you go to the central issue archive-y place, it should be changed from plain text into a link.

Tiki Snakes
2009-08-22, 05:59 PM
All the Gen Con feedback knocked it off the front page the day it was posted. Its in the August issue, from yesterday. If you go to the central issue archive-y place, it should be changed from plain text into a link.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drbaz/20090821 should be it?

Lord_Ventnor
2009-08-22, 06:07 PM
I'll agree that pouncing armor is pretty awesome (panther NINJA), and I also liked the Boar Tusk Helm. It isn't the best item ever, but it's just something I think is cool.

I personally didn't like the Soulfangs though. They had some cool effects, but I think that losing 1/8th of your HP each turn to maintain stuff like resist 3 to all damage or a minor boost to beast form damage is simply too great a cost.