PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet sheet music

Froogleyboy
2009-08-21, 08:55 PM
I'm starting a band and I need trumpet sheet music for Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" I know there is no trumpet in that song but it can be worked in

raitalin
2009-08-21, 09:13 PM
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/04217/details.html

Perenelle
2009-08-21, 09:17 PM
Well I found a marching band piece for it, and you could probably eliminate some of the parts or rewrite them to fit your instrumentation.
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Mr-Tambourine-Man/16563197
I don't know if that helps you any.

what other instruments are in the band?

Froogleyboy
2009-08-21, 09:21 PM
Well I found a marching band piece for it, and you could probably eliminate some of the parts or rewrite them to fit your instrumentation.
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Mr-Tambourine-Man/16563197
I don't know if that helps you any.

what other instruments are in the band?

An Ocarina, Bass guitar, and vocals (me)
Im not playing trumpet, I just gotta get it for my trumpeteer

Perenelle
2009-08-21, 09:39 PM
An Ocarina, Bass guitar, and vocals (me)
Im not playing trumpet, I just gotta get it for my trumpeteer

Okay....well I highly doubt you'll be able to find a piece written for your instrumentation. So what you'll probably have to do it transpose an already written piece into what you want.
I found "Mr Tambourine Man" written for piano, vocal, and voice.

http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/scorch.asp?ppn=SC0024186

now what you can do is have the guitar player play the guitar part, and then split up the piano bass clef and treble clef into two different parts. I suggest transposing the treble clef piano part into ocarina since its a higher instrument, but make sure your ocarina player is playing loud. And then the bass clef you can transpose into a trumpet part. Vocals you shouldn't have a problem with. do you have any experience with transposing and rewriting music for other instruments?

THAC0
2009-08-21, 10:14 PM
Be careful if you're re-arranging published music, especially if you intend to perform it and doubly-especially if you intend to profit from it in some way. Hurray copyright!

Mando Knight
2009-08-21, 10:26 PM
And then the bass clef you can transpose into a trumpet part.

Suuure you can. If that trumpet was three times as long. And looked like a tuba. Or if you don't mind having the bass being played an octave higher than it should.

Perenelle
2009-08-21, 10:47 PM
I meant transposing it into a playable range. Its kind of hard finding other options.

and yes of course if you do end up preforming it, then be really careful with copyright and such. I assumed you meant just a sort of thing to do in your spare time that you didn't plan on preforming or profiting from.

Froogleyboy
2009-08-22, 09:57 AM
Its for the talent show, and there is no prise so i wont make any profit

Perenelle
2009-08-22, 10:56 AM
I think if its for like a school talent show you should be fine.

That digital piece I found that I suggested transposing is about $5 and you can download it right after purchasing, so you wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped or anything.

Would you mind having your bass being played an octave higher? And do you have a music writing software like Finale Notepad or Sibelius? If you transpose the parts you can rewrite them into something like that and print it out.

THAC0
2009-08-22, 12:25 PM
I think if its for like a school talent show you should be fine.

Do I think it's likely you'll get in trouble for it? No.

Is it quite possibly illegal? Yep.

As a music teacher, copyright in an educational setting is extremely complex and not always logical. :smallamused:

Perenelle
2009-08-22, 12:27 PM
I thought as long as you give credit for it and its for educational purposes then its legal?

THAC0
2009-08-22, 12:38 PM
I thought as long as you give credit for it and its for educational purposes then its legal?

Nope! It's the most annoying thing ever, really. It's really complex and most people have no idea what's true or not so it's hard to get good information. It's why I do a lot of public domain songs.

So yeah, you probably won't get in trouble for it, but this is just my good faith warning that it may, in fact, be illegal.

Perenelle
2009-08-22, 12:44 PM
Nope! It's the most annoying thing ever, really. It's really complex and most people have no idea what's true or not so it's hard to get good information. It's why I do a lot of public domain songs.

Oh wow. Good to know. :smallsmile: