PDA

View Full Version : Druidzilla Build help

Shinizak
2009-08-21, 11:32 PM
I've built a Barbarian 1/ Druid 2

his feats are: power attack and Improved critical (falchion), (I have yet to pick the third feat)

Is it still possible to create a druidzilla or not?

sofawall
2009-08-21, 11:34 PM
Yes. It is. Take 17 more levels of Druid. At level 6, take Natural Spell. Done.

evil-frosty
2009-08-21, 11:34 PM
In my opinion yes just go straight druid from now on. Also how are you getting improved critical at level 3?

aje8
2009-08-21, 11:35 PM
Why did you dip barbarian? Honestly the class offers very little to Druid.

Druids are best as either Druid 20 or (if you're willing to go cheesy) Druid 10/Planar Sheperd 10.

Shinizak
2009-08-21, 11:37 PM
In my opinion yes just go straight druid from now on. Also how are you getting improved critical at level 3?

DM said to ignore Bab requirements for feats (except leadership)

Shinizak
2009-08-21, 11:39 PM
Why did you dip barbarian? Honestly the class offers very little to Druid.

Druids are best as either Druid 20 or (if you're willing to go cheesy) Druid 10/Planar Sheperd 10.

Because I as a person simply enjoy barbarian, it suits my real life personality very well. (mostly for the fighter in the group, but it helps for the rest of us)

aje8
2009-08-21, 11:43 PM
kk, then I reccomend you go Lion-Totem Barbarian (alternate class feature from I beleive unearthed arcana) to get Pounce. It's just a great ability to have.

Also, why take improved critical when can just buy a keen falchion? Also, won't you be wildshaped most of the time anyway? No offense, but improved critical doesn't seem like a very good choice.

ColdSepp
2009-08-21, 11:47 PM
Get Natural Spell at level 6, and take 17 more levels of Druid. See if you can retrain Improved Critical.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-08-22, 12:13 AM
You'll never use your Falchion if you are Druid, because you'll be Wildshaped at all times during combat. Yes, even then.

If you are wanting a more smashy and less casty version, try this:

Barbarian1 (lion totem variant from Complete Champions which replaces faster movement, which can't be used in wildshaped form, for Pounce, which can)/Druid6/Warshaper5/MoMF to the end.

Basically, Warshaper gives you immunities and extra reach while in wildshape. Even better is when you can, as a capstone, morph into as many things as you like while not blowing extra wildshape uses. So you can charge in as a Rhino, then shift into a Fleshraker, then realize you got into a bad spot and shift into a Dire Hawk to fly off. Master of Many Forms... yea, it's just that good.

Alternately, if you just want to turn into an animal while raging, try Bear Warrior from Complete Warrior. Barb5/Bear Warrior10/Warshaper5

Salt_Crow
2009-08-22, 12:20 AM
If you wanted Rage as a class feature, there's a druidic avenger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druidVariantDruidicAve nger) alternate class feature that gives you one. Just like Barb/Druid multclass, but better in many ways.