PDA

View Full Version : need a female dragonborn paladin picture.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-22, 03:33 AM
the title explains it all. I'd prefer the scales to be red since that's what my character's scales are but anything is fine I guess. I need one for my D&D game. can somebody help? preferably a decent amount of detail. Or at the very least line-art.

imp_fireball
2009-08-22, 06:15 AM
Funny. So you're trying to get this for free or what?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything. But seriously.

paddyfool
2009-08-22, 06:22 AM
Search on "female dragonborn (http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=female+dragonborn&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=)" in Google images. Problem solved.

EDIT: You may need to make a sanity check vs the inane debates on "why female dragonborn are depicted with boobs".

Mystic Muse
2009-08-22, 06:54 AM

the simple answer is yes.

Eloel
2009-08-22, 07:04 AM
the simple answer is yes.

You actually can't get everything for free.

Keep that in mind for life.

Calmar
2009-08-22, 07:06 AM
And again I wonder why female specimens of a reptilian race like the dragonborn (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/RacesNClasses_Gallery/111128.jpg) would have mammaries. :smallannoyed:

This can't be supposed to be somehow sexy. I hope. :smallbiggrin:

Narmoth
2009-08-22, 07:49 AM

So, you wanted to get something for a google search?
This isn't the art-subforum, so I guess it wasn't a request for a commisioned drawing

Yrcrazypa
2009-08-22, 07:50 AM
They need some way to show that it's female! I guess anyway.

Eloel
2009-08-22, 07:54 AM
Try this (http://tinyurl.com/ng9l4a) for your request.

Mr. Mud
2009-08-22, 08:19 AM
You actually can't get everything for free.

Keep that in mind for life.

Except here, of course. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)

Anyway, make a thread requesting you're Dragonborn Paladin...

Hopefully this helped?

Willfor
2009-08-22, 09:52 AM
Try this (http://tinyurl.com/ng9l4a) for your request.

This thread is literally the first thing that comes up on that google search for me. :smallamused:

Hurlbut
2009-08-22, 09:55 AM
Explain it all (http://www.worldsedge.org/comics/2008-04-30-Boobs.jpg)*snerk*

Calmar
2009-08-22, 09:57 AM
This thread is literally the first thing that comes up on that google search for me. :smallamused:

And then click the first link! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

They need some way to show that it's female! I guess anyway.
Doing that with a female true dragon would do no good...

I have no problems with creatures that have the same appearance, no matter what gender they are.

And in case it's aimed at girl players as target group who play nothing that doesnt look cute and pretty, I'm sure they play elves or eladrin anyway. :smallwink:

Eloel
2009-08-22, 10:12 AM
And in case it's aimed at girl players as target group who play nothing that doesnt look cute and pretty, I'm sure they play elves or eladrin anyway. :smallwink:
Actually, a Goblin Sorcerer is generally (barring extreme rolls on the elf's part) 'prettier' than, say, an Elven Wizard.

Hell, a dwarf-lich is prettier than an elf.

Calmar
2009-08-22, 10:18 AM
Actually, a Goblin Sorcerer is generally (barring extreme rolls on the elf's part) 'prettier' than, say, an Elven Wizard.

Hell, a dwarf-lich is prettier than an elf.

If you equalize Cha with attractiveness, an average illithid is a top model. :smalltongue:

As far as my experiences allow me to tell, female players seem to have a strange affinity for creatures that look beautiful. Draconic beings probably don't fall in this category, no matter how many boob jobs they undergo. :smallbiggrin:

deuxhero
2009-08-22, 10:21 AM
Wait, are Dragonborn mammals?

Eloel
2009-08-22, 10:28 AM
Wait, are Dragonborn mammals?

No, that's the point.
They have boobs they totally don't need.

Kyouhen
2009-08-22, 10:39 AM
Aren't the dragonborn the ones that go through that fancy rituals? Maybe they were just a little too attached to certain parts to let them go. :smalltongue:

infinitypanda
2009-08-22, 11:16 AM
the title explains it all. I'd prefer the scales to be red since that's what my character's scales are but anything is fine I guess. I need one for my D&D game. can somebody help? preferably a decent amount of detail. Or at the very least line-art.

http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heromachine2/heroMachine2.asp

There you go. Knock yourself out.

Artanis
2009-08-22, 11:29 AM
Like true dragons, however, dragonborn hatch from eggs, usually laid singly or, more rarely, in a pair. Hatchlings are quickly capable of standing and walking, but their teeth take a few months to come in. During this time, the mother nurses her offspring. She slowly weans the child to soft and then normal food, which for dragonborn is usually more meat than other edibles.

In other words, they're scaly, egg-laying mammals.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-22, 11:56 AM
That still wouldn't explain a need for human style breasts. Even the other female primates, unless pregnant and nursing, are flatter then a washboard.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-08-22, 12:01 PM

Hawt.

lol :P

Faleldir
2009-08-22, 12:02 PM
Same reason why elven breasts don't sag down to their knees by the age of 500: fanservice > realism.

Artanis
2009-08-22, 12:08 PM
That still wouldn't explain a need for human style breasts. Even the other female primates, unless pregnant and nursing, are flatter then a washboard.

*shrug* A wizard did it?

Ravens_cry
2009-08-22, 12:11 PM
Same reason why elven breasts don't sag down to their knees by the age of 500: fanservice > realism.
Elves, I can understand. The willowy look has a certain appeal in some circles.And there could be magical perkiefier spell we don't know about. Wouldn't surprise anyway.
But what fan, in numbers more then the internet care about, are going to be serviced by that (http://www.podsix.com/loot/dragonborn.jpg)?

Doc Roc
2009-08-22, 12:21 PM
Mark Rosewater loves that kinda stuff, neh?

Calmar
2009-08-22, 02:25 PM
Like true dragons, however, dragonborn hatch from eggs, usually laid singly or, more rarely, in a pair. Hatchlings are quickly capable of standing and walking, but their teeth take a few months to come in. During this time, the mother nurses her offspring. She slowly weans the child to soft and then normal food, which for dragonborn is usually more meat than other edibles.

Birds nurse their offspring too. Without breasts. :smallwink:

Artanis
2009-08-22, 02:45 PM
Birds nurse their offspring too. Without breasts. :smallwink:

In that case, even having boobs doesn't mean that they contain mammaries, or even that they're related to reproduction. They could be something else entirely, and just happen to resemble humanoid breasts for some reason or another :smallwink:

hamishspence
2009-08-22, 03:09 PM
The important word is "weans" since the word nursing can apply to other things, but as a rule, a being that is in the process of being "weaned off" some food, is being "weaned off" milk.

Tiki Snakes
2009-08-22, 03:27 PM
Dragonborn AREN'T reptiles. Simple as that.
There's a joke round my way, that they misspelled the name, and that they are infact the mighty fallen race of the Armadilloborn.

HOWEVER, on a less fecetious note, compare and contrast -
Dragonborn and Dragonspawn. Dragonspawn are created by Tiamat, or at the very least dragon-cults loyal to Tiamat.

It would be a nice symmetry if Dragonborn could be traced back to Bahamut, perhaps as a reaction to Tiamat's creation of the Dragonspawn to serve as her footsoldiers.

Now, check your monster manual. Dragonspawn - All have the keywords "Natural Humanoid (Reptile)" or "Natural Beast (Reptile)"
Dragonborn have - "Natural Humanoid"

For comparison, Kobolds are (Reptile)'s and so are Lizardfolk.
Dragon's are "Natural Magical Beast (Dragon)", by the way.

So, Dragonborn really aren't reptiles, are quite genuinely mamary-equipped, and neither dragons nor reptiles in any true sense. Likely, imo, they were fashioned in the image of Dragons by either Bahamut or a faction of ancient dragons. In flavour they are (by default) rather metallic in temperment, so it all works for me. Part of the reason I always liked Tiamat and her chromatics was that they are, in general, just more genuinely draconic, so it also follows that her humanoid creations would be, in turn, essentially more draconic in nature (being non-mammary baring carnivores with nice long tails almost to a one, even with their crazy variations.)

So, yeah. Now you know.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-22, 03:43 PM
And again I wonder why female specimens of a reptilian race like the dragonborn (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/RacesNClasses_Gallery/111128.jpg) would have mammaries. :smallannoyed:

This can't be supposed to be somehow sexy. I hope. :smallbiggrin:

For the last effing time, Dragonborn are not reptilian. Skarn are, Rilkan are (and those are 3.5), Kobolds are. Dragonborn are as coldblooded as actual dragons are (and dragons are not coldblooded).

Proof is in the 3.5 Draconomicon. They took that filler text out of the 4E one because 4E is supposed to be like a Saltine Cracker: Stale, not very filling, and crunchy.

Tiki Snakes
2009-08-22, 03:51 PM
For the last effing time, Dragonborn are not reptilian. Skarn are, Rilkan are (and those are 3.5), Kobolds are. Dragonborn are as coldblooded as actual dragons are (and dragons are not coldblooded).

Proof is in the 3.5 Draconomicon. They took that filler text out of the 4E one because 4E is supposed to be like a Saltine Cracker: Stale, not very filling, and crunchy.

3.5 dragonborn also have nothing at all to do with 4e dragonborn, to be fair.

Calmar
2009-08-22, 03:56 PM
It would be a nice symmetry if Dragonborn could be traced back to Bahamut, perhaps as a reaction to Tiamat's creation of the Dragonspawn to serve as her footsoldiers.

Seems to be the way it works...

Several legends say that Io, the greatest dragon god, shaped the dragonborn as servants to dragons at the same time he created the first dragons. Elemental essence and astral spirit went into the making, as with all worldly creatures,
but like their greater kin, dragonborn were given a balance favoring the elemental.
Other tales claim that Io died in the clashes between the gods and the primordials. The draconic gods Tiamat and Bahamut emerged from the halves of Io’s sundered corpse. Dragonborn sprang, ready to serve dragons, from Io’s spilled blood. Link (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dreo/20080709)

Faleldir
2009-08-22, 08:03 PM
But what fan, in numbers more then the internet care about, are going to be serviced by that?

What do you think came first: the artist's decision to draw dragonborn with breasts, or the one sentence explaining what their breasts are obviously used for (but not how they got them in the first place)? Since they don't have the reptilian subtype, it could go either way, so someone had to have said "screw it, I like breasts" at some point, and that's really more of an aesthetic concern. I admit I could have given a better analogy: is there an in-universe reason why female dwarves don't have beards? Of course not, but when it doesn't matter, you go with the most aesthetically pleasing option. I do not believe anyone said "according to the dragonborn's detailed backstory and biology, we have no choice but to logically conclude that they are mammals" before the first concept art was drawn. As far as we know, dragonborn did not evolve, and they don't "need" breasts any more than rakshasas "need" upside-down hands. It's pointless to debate this subject from an in-universe perspective.