PDA

View Full Version : Minor Schema and Eternal Wand suggestions

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-22, 06:07 AM
What are the best spells to put into either a Minor Schema (Magic of Eberron) or an Eternal Wand (MIC)? I've never played a high level Wizard before, and these look like they will free up a couple of my lower level spell slots.

So far I have:
Minor Schema - Rope Trick
Minor Schema - Mage Armour
Minor Schema - Endure Elements (because I'm paranoid like that)

Eternal Wand - Prestidigitation (because I'm a child at heart)

Any others I should look into?

JeminiZero
2009-08-22, 08:16 AM
Rope Trick usually works best either extended or with a boosted caster level to give 9-10 hours of safety (8 to sleep, 1 to prepare spells).

Other than that, spells which work well regardless of caster level (and which you will cast everyday) are usually fair game. A Minor Schema of Superior Resistance is cheaper than an equivalent +6 resistance item, but runs the risk of being dispelled. Same thing for a minor Schema of Energy Immunity.

Sonorous Hum might work well in an eternal wand, if you frequently cast spells that require concentration, since even at CL 5 it lasts 5 minutes, long enough for most fights.

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-22, 08:32 AM
Damn, forgot items went on lowest caster level. Thanks for reminding me.

ColdSepp
2009-08-22, 09:47 AM
Damn, forgot items went on lowest caster level. Thanks for reminding me.

You can make them at higher caster levels. It just raises the price.

Zaq
2009-08-22, 01:23 PM
Undetectable Alignment goes a long way towards avoiding party conflict in certain groups... and has other uses too.

If you get the CL high enough (costs more, but is worth it) Absorb Weapon can be a great way to store something precious overnight. (Weapon + hidden compartment + Absorb Weapon = you were going to steal my ring of awesome how, exactly?)

Greater Alarm should never be underestimated. Normal Alarm works too, but if you're going to be paranoid, you might as well do it properly.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-08-22, 01:25 PM
Personally, I love Haste and enlarge person on eternal wands.