PDA

View Full Version : Help with Arena character [3.5e]

Adumbration
2009-08-22, 01:43 PM
Mr. L, Mr. T, please keep out. This is about the game tomorrow.

ECL 12, 32 pb. Given the convenience of the numbers, I chose Master of Many forms as the weapon of my choice. Wildshaping Ranger acts as the base.

Now, usually I would've just pointed myself to the Master of Many Forms bible for help - it is very comprehensive - but the gleemax forums are down. So I've come here for some help.

Any suggestions for good forms/feats? I have effective "druid" aka wildshape level of 13 due to complete Trappings of the beast from Complete Champion. I've already statted out some useful forms, but I could use some more. Forms already statted: War troll, Will-o'-Wisp, Lion topiary guardian, Tendriculos, Giant squid and Mimic.

Melamoto
2009-08-22, 01:52 PM
Who will you be facing? Or do you not know? Know anything about the arena? Every piece of information helps.

Adumbration
2009-08-22, 01:58 PM
Part of the charm is that I don't know what my opponents - dear friends of mine - will be playing. We had an equivalent last weekend too, only at 5th level. Then one of them played a feral half-ogre barbarian, one a scout, one a fighter-archer and one a monk grappler. Depending on how lazy they are, they may just upgrade their builds to the same level.

Arena changes every time. We usually pull some random map off the internet just before starting, so there's no way of knowing what will come up. Last time it was glass walls the first round, and hedges the second.

Eldariel
2009-08-22, 02:05 PM
Sanguaro Sentinel is an excellent form at those levels. It's what I used to dominate the first Gestalt Warrior Arena around here with a very similar build (only shapechanger level 12 since I didn't find the higher HD forms worth enough by comparison, and I had the key MoMF 7 already), no less. In fact, I still have the "usual combat form"-list available still in case you might find it useful:

Sanguaro Sentinel (DR/piercing, fighting)
Tendriculous (Regeneration, Swallow Whole)
Treant (DR/slashing, *2 damage to objects)
Cloaker (Flying, Engulf, etc.)
Gargoyle (Immune to suffication)
Rimefire Eidolon (fast flyer, immune to cold)
Guardian Naga (30' poison spitter)
Grimlock (the seer)
Rust Monster (metal devourer)
Dire Eagle (stronger flyer)
Dire Tortoise (always gets a surprise round)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Sanguaro Sentinel is Sandstorm. Rimefire Eidolon is Frostburn, Dire Eagle Races of Stone and Dire Tortoise Sandstorm. Note that the arena lacked MMs and Fiend Folio.

EDIT #2: Here (http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:j6RUi1RQ2ewJ:forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D639448+updated+master+of+many +forms+bible&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=fi&client=firefox-a)'s the cached Updated Master of Many Forms Bible. Enjoy.

playswithfire
2009-08-22, 02:29 PM
Now, usually I would've just pointed myself to the Master of Many Forms bible for help - it is very comprehensive - but the gleemax forums are down. So I've come here for some help.

This is where the 'cached' link that shows up in google searches is useful; behold (http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:j6RUi1RQ2ewJ:forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D639448+master+of+many+forms&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Adumbration
2009-08-22, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the caches and suggestions, guys. I think I'm pretty well prepared now, with even a few cheesy options, if it comes down to that. (Darktentacles make me shudder. I hope I won't have to use them, but it may be the only way to defeat a dedicated grappler.)

Vizzerdrix
2009-08-23, 04:49 PM
I didn't see them mentioned in the MoMF bible, but Arms and Equipment guide has two weapons that benefit those who can change shape. Pg 111 has the Khopesh of the Loyal Minion, and Pg 116 has the Sickle of Talons. Both weapons grant enhancement bonuses to the natural attacks of whatever shape you change into.