PDA

View Full Version : Tim Schafer; God among men!

Anung Un Rama
2009-08-22, 05:25 PM
Having recently fallen violently in love with Psychonauts again as well as getting far too excited about his upcoming game Brutal legend, (hack-and-slashy open world game all about rock music anyone?) I have resolved to create a thread dedicated to the appreciation of Tim Schafer and his awesome works. So everyone ready your tirades of praise and... GO!

Cubey
2009-08-22, 05:30 PM
I found Psychonauts great, and I bet everyone of good any taste probably does too. Brutal Legend (sprinkle the title with random umlauts) looks awesome and hilarious as well.

DemonicAngel
2009-08-22, 05:51 PM
I've just finished psychonauts today, after 12 hours of play. such an awesome game.
what platforms is the new game going out for? Hope it's for PC.

Cubey
2009-08-22, 05:53 PM
PS3 + Xbox 360. The PC market doesn't appreciate action adventure platformer hybrids like this, so no surprise that Schafer isn't interested in a PC release.

chiasaur11
2009-08-22, 05:53 PM
I've just finished psychonauts today, after 12 hours of play. such an awesome game.
what platforms is the new game going out for? Hope it's for PC.

No. Alas.

Fact: There are two categories of people alive in this world. Tim Schafer and not Tim Schafer. The first category is notably superior.

(Odd note: Warren Spector falls into the first category. Science is still boggled.)

Revlid
2009-08-22, 06:28 PM
I sincerely look forward to the day Tim Schafer discovers Monsters & Other Childish Things. (http://www.arcdream.com/monsters/)

Myatar_Panwar
2009-08-22, 06:37 PM
I didn't play Psychonauts, though I am really looking forward to Brutal Legend. Probably the one game I am guaranteed to buy this holiday season.

Crispy Dave
2009-08-23, 01:55 AM
I don't know if it still is but for a while Psychonauts was free on gametap. If it still is you people have no reason not to be playing it.

also I'm not sure we are allowed to talk about Tim Schafer because that would be bringing in real world religion.

Cespenar
2009-08-23, 02:16 AM
PS3 + Xbox 360. The PC market doesn't appreciate action adventure platformer hybrids like this, so no surprise that Schafer isn't interested in a PC release.

Having only a PC, I probably have to kill this "majority" to make companies resume doing good games for PC.

Yes, that's it. I just have to kill them all. It's so clear now.

Ghastly Epigram
2009-08-23, 03:56 AM
Although over time, my husband will desire me less, sexually, he will always enjoy my pies.

Cubey
2009-08-23, 04:26 AM
What is the purpose of the goggles?

I am a phone repairer. I can listen to any phone conversations I wish, but do not do so out of my sense of professional responsibility.

Comet
2009-08-23, 04:58 AM
Tim Schafer is indeed awesome. Psychonauts is awesome and so are all of his older adventure games. Brutal Legend looks awesome, too. I can't wait to-

Wait.
They're not making a PC version?
Well that's that then. Allow me to leave this thread and vent my fury on a random palm tree. Goddamnit, somebody save my PC gaming!

chiasaur11
2009-08-23, 01:07 PM
Tim Schafer is indeed awesome. Psychonauts is awesome and so are all of his older adventure games. Brutal Legend looks awesome, too. I can't wait to-

Wait.
They're not making a PC version?
Well that's that then. Allow me to leave this thread and vent my fury on a random palm tree. Goddamnit, somebody save my PC gaming!

Valve's doing its best.

And their Borg-like assimilation patterns mean, eventually, we'll get more than one game a year from them.