PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird to still like Neopets...

Pandora
2009-08-22, 10:40 PM
When you're a mature teenager? I don't know why, and I cant put my finger on it, but I love neopets. I even named one my pets Inkyruis, (suprised that wasn't taken)... I feel silly.

Coidzor
2009-08-22, 10:41 PM
Yes, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Everyone knows Pokemon are the classic pets to keep that are sins against any kind of just or sensible creation.

Pandora
2009-08-22, 10:42 PM
Yes, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Everyone knows Pokemon are the classic pets to keep that are sins against any kind of just or sensible creation.

Bahahahaahaaa....
you sir, just made my day.

Flame of Anor
2009-08-22, 11:18 PM
Bahahahaahaaa....
you sir, just made my day.

...says the person with electronic dragons in their signature.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-22, 11:33 PM
Hellz to the no it's not weird.
You should friend me on neopets.
m00nlit_shadows
is me.
I'm just there for the games/roleplaying/Altador Cup tho.

Flame of Anor
2009-08-22, 11:41 PM

So that would be:

(:smallfurious::smallfurious:)^:smallannoyed: =! weird

Coidzor
2009-08-22, 11:49 PM
You should friend me on neopets.
m00nlit_shadows
is me.
I'm just there for the games/roleplaying/Altador Cup tho.

lol, what else is there?

The Demented One
2009-08-22, 11:59 PM
I'll put it this way...during my Economics class last year, while we were all doing research, the teacher was playing games on his daughter's Neopets account. I think you're fine.

Vizen
2009-08-23, 03:15 AM
No. No it isn't. Lovely game.

Also, may I suggest you read MLIA (http://mylifeisaverage.com/)? You'll find that a lot of people are just like you. Although maybe in a slightly different age group. Either way, I'm 18, still play with my lego's, and is really hoping to get himself some toy railway tracks to run my lego train up and down when I'm bored.

Icewalker
2009-08-23, 03:56 AM
Hehe, Neopets. Good times. I stopped a long time ago, but I expect it's still pretty great, it's a great, fun, and functional site of it's kind, and often improving.

Trai
2009-08-23, 07:47 AM
I'm 18 and I just got back into it recently for the games and the sheer amount of time you can waste on there. And I just moved into college. So no, you're not pathetic :smallbiggrin:

Also, I named one of my pets after Haley and the petpet after Elan, so...

(My account name is theycallmemimi15.)

Knaight
2009-08-23, 07:57 AM
Yes, its weird. Also reading Oots? Way weird. Role playing games? If you do them, weird.

Assassin89
2009-08-23, 08:35 AM
My sister and I used to do that website back in the 90's.

I forgot my password, but my sister did use it one more time during the summer.

I remember when there weren't so many worlds, the fiasco involving dinosaurs, deserts, and castles. I remember the older games, none of which involved hot dogs in any way.[/Old man Rant]

Ravens_cry
2009-08-23, 09:03 AM
No. It's not something I ever got into, but no one should have any right to say 'no' to you. If you enjoy it, and it's your money, go for it.

Perenelle
2009-08-23, 09:30 AM
I used to have Neopets... a long time ago. I got kind of bored with it and forgot my password. :smalltongue:
but if you enjoy it good for you!

Ichneumon
2009-08-23, 09:49 AM
I did Neopets for a while, but the site changed and became to "commercial" in my view and everything was so expensive....

Pandora
2009-08-23, 10:15 AM
I did Neopets for a while, but the site changed and became to "commercial" in my view and everything was so expensive....

Yeah, ever since viacom took over it, it became less of a fun site and more of a profitable thing. :smallfrown:

Mr. Mud
2009-08-23, 11:05 AM
I remember my friends and I turned Neopets into a racket... we had about 30 different account between the three of us, and our racket pulled in about 80,000np a day... Not including interest, which we maxed out, thus yielded about 10k...

Keep in mind, we were 9 :smallbiggrin:.

Tirian
2009-08-23, 11:43 AM
I spent a lot of time there back in the old days when we thought the site was being overcommercialized by the original venture capitalists. Even then, the most fun game was Metagame. Buying up retired books at discount prices and holding them for a year, pwning the fools who thought they could corner the codestone market, that sort of thing.

I've moved on, but nowadays my nephew is into it. I think that's sort of nice as kids don't seem to be able to run lemonade stands these days and this gives him some sort of exposure at running a microbusiness and learning that it is better to spend your "money" on things that have value and your time on things that best enhance value. There are probably better Intro to Economics sites out there for kids, but maybe not one that has so many red herrings. :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2009-08-23, 12:28 PM
So that would be:

(:smallfurious::smallfurious:)^:smallannoyed: =! weird

You win. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2009-08-23, 12:32 PM
Few weeks ago, I went on Runescape again. Was quite fun for a few hours mining, actually. I probably would have got hooked to it again if it didn't bring back bad memories from when I was littler and played it. :smallsmile: ahhh nostalgia

So no, it isn't weird. :smalltongue:

KilltheToy
2009-08-23, 02:25 PM
Ah, Neopets. I remember how awesome it was back in 3rd grade. One guy I knew even gave me his login information, which I then promptly used to get access to the chatroom among other things. Hey, we were young.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-23, 04:03 PM
I still go to Neopets occasionally, but right now only for Neoquest. (I finished the Insane mode of NQII just a few weeks ago.)

Yarram
2009-08-23, 06:23 PM
When you're a mature teenager? I don't know why, and I cant put my finger on it, but I love neopets. I even named one my pets Inkyruis, (suprised that wasn't taken)... I feel silly.

Yes. Yes it is weird.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-08-23, 08:18 PM
Jeez, nostalgia. Now let's see, I think my username was jah115. Yeah. Check up on my Mutant Scorchio for me. I went through hell and months of Meerca Chase for that Transmogrification Potion.

Good times. (or not, I had to save up for that potion twice, and the second time it was even more, before it actually allowed me to have it, instead of just taking my money)

blackfox
2009-08-23, 08:38 PM
I'm actually pretty sure it's awesome to still like Neopets. I haven't played in a while, I should get on my account again... (a while reads: 3 months. :smalltongue:)

DarkLightDragon
2009-08-23, 09:12 PM
I remember when I first signed up waaaay back in 2002. I don't actively play anymore, but I still log on around once or twice a year to gawk at how old my account is.

tribble
2009-08-23, 09:50 PM
I still go to Neopets occasionally, but right now only for Neoquest. (I finished the Insane mode of NQII just a few weeks ago.)

wow. that's seriously impressive. I dont get killed in that game so much as I get lost.

Needless to say, I also suck at Final Fantasy.

Vizen
2009-08-24, 12:40 PM

Argh! I could never stick to playing much NQII. I would get up to a point and it would become blech to me. It also frustrated me with how much effort had to be put into moving around. :smallannoyed:

Stormthorn
2009-08-24, 06:13 PM
What is a neopet? Why do i not know of these?

zeratul
2009-08-24, 06:15 PM
Neopets is awesome man, I haven;t played it in a while but when I go through another inevitable online gaming phase im sure ill start up again. There is no shame in playing :smalltongue:.

Assassin89
2009-08-24, 06:17 PM
What is a neopet? Why do i not know of these?

A neopet is a virtual pet on a certain website. I'm not sure how you do not know of these, but it was probably a fad for younger children back then.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-24, 06:19 PM
wow. that's seriously impressive. I dont get killed in that game so much as I get lost.

Needless to say, I also suck at Final Fantasy.

I used an online guide.

Alarra
2009-08-25, 09:45 AM
I loved neopets back in oh....2000-2001ish, I believe is when I was on all the time, and I was 19-20 then, and in college. Granted, it's gotten waaaaay different now apparently. I haven't logged on in years. I tried to a couple years back, but have no idea what my account name or pw are anymore.

Player_Zero
2009-08-25, 09:51 AM
Heh. I had one million neopoints.