PDA

View Full Version : ToB Handbook/Advice?

IthilanorStPete
2009-08-22, 11:58 PM
Is there any good, comprehensive resources for playing Tome of Battle classes online, something along the lines of TheLogicNinja's Batman Wizard guide? If not, what're the general combat tactics for a crusader, swordsage, or warblade?

Dienekes
2009-08-23, 12:07 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=22.0

A few are in there. Though I know the Warblade and the Crusader are helpful but unfinished.

AslanCross
2009-08-23, 12:14 AM
I don't have any handbooks on hand, but here's what I have off the top of my head:

Crusader: Since Crusaders have the smallest set of disciplines to choose from, they generally end up as tanks who have limited healing ability. They can gain some tactical aid through White Raven, but Devoted Spirit and Stone Dragon focus generally on defense and heavy, crushing hits. Sword/Board is actually viable with the Crusader due to Devoted Spirit maneuvers, but two-handed weapons work just as well.

Swordsage: These have the widest options due to their wide selection of disciplines. You could have a fast skirmishing warrior with Desert Wind, a martial artist with Stone Dragon/Setting Sun, an esoteric TWFer with Tiger Claw, or a stealthy assassin with Shadow Hand. Or any combination thereof. Lots of maneuvers = lots of options. Even the less significant class features (Discipline Focus) are very customizable. Swordsage can multiclass well with the Monk, Rogue, or Ninja.

Warblade: Less options than the swordsage, but you can still choose between two-handed fighting, TWF, or Sword/Board (and not suck at dealing damage). The Warblade is arguably the best at offense among the three (barring Aura of Chaos chese) since it has a lot of potentially damaging maneuvers (Nightmare Blades, Finishing Move, Time Stands Still, Pouncing Charge) with the BAB to back it up. Warblade multiclasses excellently with Fighter or Barbarian.

Milskidasith
2009-08-23, 12:16 AM
Wait, isn't Fighter more of a dip for warblades, considering the only thing fighters get are bonus feats?

AslanCross
2009-08-23, 12:20 AM
You could go Dungeoncrasher. Very good with Stone Dragon maneuvers. But yeah, apart from that, Fighter is a dip. I still like how the levels stack both ways, though.

HamHam
2009-08-23, 12:23 AM
You really have to try and mess it up to make a ToB build that is not solid.

If you want to aim for the bleeding edge in terms of power level, there are some obvious things that are awesome like Stone Power and White Raven Tactics.

Insightful Strike with a really high Concentration score.

You pretty much always want to take Extra Granted maneuver and the like.