PDA

View Full Version : Forget TV tropes, I've got Thinkgeek

Froogleyboy
2009-08-23, 12:09 AM
Okay, alot of people hate going to TV tropes because of the whole "Wiki chain type experience" Or some blather, but now I have found Think Geek. I have spent hours clicking on the "If you live this, youll love . . ."

Galileo
2009-08-23, 04:32 PM
That's time-devouring too, but I find TVtropes to be more time conuming simply because the links are dispersed throughout the page, so you've got to open tabs. With thinkgeek, all the links to new stuff are at the end, so there's nothing to keep you from using the same window.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-23, 04:36 PM
I love Think Geek. I gotta buy something from it sometime. I think I want the Tetris Ice Cube Trays. :smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2009-08-23, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I'm buying a pocket cactus

Mr. Mud
2009-08-23, 06:36 PM
The Stapleless Stapler! Now in Chaotic-Evil Black! (http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/8b70/)

Helanna
2009-08-23, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I'm buying a pocket cactus

I got one of those! Coming from someone who loves cacti (don't ask), it made my Christmas. It was amazing!

I was absolutely crushed when I lost it. I'm not good with small things. :smallfrown:

Other than that . . . yeah, ThinkGeek is amazing. I have a list of things to buy when I have the money (so, basically never), and half of it's from ThinkGeek . . . if I actually had any money ThinkGeek would probably be draining it anyway.

BisectedBrioche
2009-08-23, 07:12 PM
I've got to stop buying them. I don't mind paying import tax but everyone makes it harder than it should be. :smallfurious:

DarkLightDragon
2009-08-23, 09:16 PM
Both sites are awesome. TVtropes for laughs and hours of amusement, and ThinkGeek for looking at things and wishing I had them, and imagining what I would do with that stuff, and...

Some of the stuff on ThinkGeek has also inspired ideas for a roleplay I'm in, which is another reason I like looking on there. :smallamused:

Cleverdan22
2009-08-25, 01:51 PM
First off, hi, and welcome to 2009.

Yeah, Thinkgeek is cool, but its not a time wasting site. Sure, its great, and I own plenty of stuff from it (staple-free stapler is awesome!), but I've already been through everything on it. It is a store after all. Meanwhile, TV Tropes is something one reads, typically to kill time, and it serves the purpose well. I don't view the site as a replacement for TV Tropes or any of my webcomics.

Player_Zero
2009-08-25, 02:24 PM
All the stuff is so overpriced though.

Froogleyboy
2009-08-25, 04:59 PM
First off, hi, and welcome to 2009.

Yeah, Thinkgeek is cool, but its not a time wasting site. Sure, its great, and I own plenty of stuff from it (staple-free stapler is awesome!), but I've already been through everything on it. It is a store after all. Meanwhile, TV Tropes is something one reads, typically to kill time, and it serves the purpose well. I don't view the site as a replacement for TV Tropes or any of my webcomics.
You don't have to be so negative

Cleverdan22
2009-09-02, 10:05 PM
You don't have to be so negative

I'm not trying to be excessively negative, its just that one's an online store while the other is an extensive wiki.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-09-03, 01:08 AM
I'm not trying to be excessively negative, its just that one's an online store while the other is an extensive wiki.

If by extensive you mean thoroughly boring ...