PDA

View Full Version : Butcher [Template]

PumpkinEater
2009-08-23, 02:53 PM
So, remember that mad scientist who created that Regenerator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120861)?. Here's a new monster for you guys! The butcher utilizes the bones within its body to... kill people? Well here it is. I also just realised that the butcher is not a good name. Mainly because I didn't really have all this in mind when I went to create it. Unfortunately, I really can't think of another name for it. Oh well.

The Butcher
“Butcher” is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid creature that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to monstrous humanoid. It retains any subtypes except alignment subtypes (such as good or evil). It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Hit Dice: Hit dice are unaffected.

Attacks: A butcher retains all natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature. A butcher also receives several special attacks.

Damage: Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally.

Special Qualities: A butcher retains all of the base creature’s special qualities, and gains the following special qualities:

Bone Splintering (Ex): A butcher is able to split the bones of their forearms and expel the fragmented portion with extreme force through the holes in their palms at a specific target. This is treated as a ranged attack, which deals 2d6 points of damage with a range increment of (10 x the butcher’s strength modifier) feet. Unlike other ranged attacks, the butcher’s strength modifier is applied to the damage roll. Also, the bone shard receives a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls for every 4 HD the butcher possesses. For each arm the butcher possesses, this ability can only be used once every two rounds. This is the amount of time required for the missing bone to replace itself. Use of this ability provokes an attack of opportunity.

Bone Morphing (Ex): Instead of launching a bone shard at an enemy, a butcher can instead change the shape of the bone into a simple, relatively straight object desired (DM’s discretion). For example, the butcher can transform the bone into a longsword, an axe, or a nail, but not a flail or a crossbow (not that it needs one). If a weapon is formed in this way, it gains a +1 enhancement bonus for every 4 HD the butcher possesses.

Traits: The butcher possess the following traits in addition to the traits of a monstrous humanoid:

Immunity to stunning, physical ability damage, energy drain, and death effects.
Fast healing 3

Abilities: A butcher receives a +6 bonus to strength, and a +4 bonus to dexterity.

Environment: Any, usually the same as the base creature.

Alignment: Generally evil.

Don't know that the LA on this guy should be. +2? +3?