PDA

View Full Version : Deleting posts?

Milskidasith
2009-08-23, 09:07 PM
When I edit my posts now, I don't have the ability to delete my posts. Is there some kind of limit on deleting posts, or am I just going crazy?

The Blackbird
2009-08-23, 09:17 PM
When I edit my posts now, I don't have the ability to delete my posts. Is there some kind of limit on deleting posts, or am I just going crazy?

Did you select delete post bullet next to the button?

Milskidasith
2009-08-23, 09:39 PM
The option isn't even there when I edit my posts; no delete button, no delete posts button to confirm it, etc.

Jimorian
2009-08-23, 10:28 PM
Did that post start a thread? I still see the delete post option on one of my other posts, but you can't delete a first post of a thread. You just have to edit out what you don't want to say and ask a moderator to lock it.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-24, 06:41 PM
Do you really need to be able to delete posts? Editing normally works just as well IMHO.

Jack Squat
2009-08-24, 06:50 PM
Do you really need to be able to delete posts? Editing normally works just as well IMHO.

Sometimes I'll delete if someone said basically the same thing while I was typing up a response, or if someone wrote something that corrects something I was going to say.

It looks a lot neater to delete a post rather than cross it out or edit it to just say "nevermind"

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-24, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but I've sometimes quoted and replied to posts that vanished before I hit post, which I'm sure is more confusing to follow than just "Edit:Ninja'd".