their teamates are veiwing this and can be heard by both combatants
teamates being
Aangs=Sokka, Katara, Toph, Zuko, Appa, and Momo
Narutos=Sakura, Kakashi, Konahamaru, Tsunade, Sai, and Lee

the time of the battle reletive to the individual timelines
Aang soon after Zuko is firelord
Naruto after the fight with Pain

each combatant is given 24 hours to prepare
fully healed fram any damage they may have taken before the battle takes place.

they may use any means nessisary to defear their opponent

alright on to my take of the battle
naruto = transform, shadow clone, rasengan, odoma rasengan,
rasenshuriken, taijustu, sage mode and toad summon

aang = earthbending, waterbending, airbending,
firebending, icebending, avatar state and energy bending.

deepin the battle
naruto goes in to sage mode uses rasenshuriken
aang goes into avatar state and doges
then energy bends naruto to have no chakra
nine tailes activates and becomes ninetails because there is nothing holding the seal together
aang then goes in to ultamate avatar state
and i dont know whats next.

Lost Demiurge
2009-08-24, 08:28 AM
Hmm...

I can't see Aang removing someone's energy without a lot of forethought and consideration. That's a PERMANENT change, that wipes someone free of bending... Unless Aang's opponent is demonstrateably evil and a serious threat to the world, I don't think he'd use it.

No, the energy-bending doesn't come until much later in the fight, if at all. I see a lot of sparring, with Aang flinging elemental attacks, and taking out epic amounts of Naruto's clones...

After that, I'm not sure. I haven't seen all of Naruto's tricks, stopped watching after the Tsunade arc.

Mr. Mud
2009-08-24, 08:41 AM
Naruto, hands down, even though I stopped watching my brother still does and tells me close to everything (:smallannoyed:)... Can't he release like 7/9 of his Fox Chakra? And destroy absolutely everyone? And then summon lots of himself? Doesn't seem like a fair fight :smalltongue:.

Douglas
2009-08-24, 08:51 AM
Even if Aang were willing to use energy bending right off the bat, I don't think he'd be able to. He didn't even try against Ozai until he had his opponent essentially bound and helpless. It's not a combat move, it's an alternative way to make a defeat permanent after you've already won.

Naruto's gotten pretty powerful and skilled, but his total lack of ranged attacks against an opponent like Aang is a crippling weakness. He's found ways to deal with that against similar opponents before, though, so I wouldn't count him out completely.

I think it would come down to who fights more intelligently, figures out his opponent's abilities and weaknesses, and adjusts to exploit them first. I think their power and skill is pretty close overall, even if Aang is assumed to be in the Avatar state. Either one could win.

Strawman
2009-08-24, 09:26 AM
Naruto's speed is fairly absurd. Although I think in terms of power they are comparable, Naruto might end the fight with a kunai before it even begins.

Llama231
2009-08-24, 09:26 AM
If its is based on plans/intelligence, than this would be more of who's allies are better.

Also, I commend you AkazilliaDeNaro, finally someone has gotten it into their heads to actually post a vs. thread by the correct rules. :smallsmile:

Sotharsyl
2009-08-24, 09:32 AM
I have to give this to Aang,Naruto is in D&D terms a warlock he has spell like abilities at will,that's his whole trick they consume "mana" but he has infinate "mana",but his aabilities are very limited we have transform a touch atack spell and several buff stances kyubi sage mode.
What is more important it's what he doesn't have flight,or a range atack,well he has one but that's in a stance where he's a demon so he can,t use it strategicaly.
Aang is almost like a wizard with his huge array of aplications for bending(range atack walls melle atacks armor flight etc fog) once he gets in the air it's over for Naruto.
If Naruto would try to use speed/trickery to avoid the flight issue remember Aang is a Air Nomad speed&trickery are also his thing and in the end he is smarter than Naruto.

Prime32
2009-08-24, 10:01 AM
Doesn't Naruto learn how how to throw his hax-rasengan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKCjfZXeqk&fmt=18&fmt=18) in the manga? (video of impact (http://megavideo.com/?v=40P8JNHW))

He can also take a lot more punishment than Aang - his Kyuubi form is hard to injure at all.

Douglas
2009-08-24, 10:16 AM
Doesn't Naruto learn how how to throw his hax-rasengan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKCjfZXeqk&fmt=18&fmt=18) in the manga?
Not as far as I know. The move shown in that clip is still strictly melee despite being called a shuriken.

Edit: If you actually watch the "video of impact" you added, you'll notice that Naruto holds the "shuriken" in his hand all the way to initial contact. It separates from him after that and does a bit of shoving before exploding, but he still has to make the initial hit with it still in hand in melee.

He can also take a lot more punishment than Aang - his Kyuubi form is hard to injure at all.
That just means he has a chance. All the first strikes will come from Aang just because Aang can fly and hit from range and Naruto can't. Naruto will have to either wait for Aang to land (which he never will if he's smart) or figure out a way to combine his shadow clones, absurd jumping skills, and possibly assistance from a summon, to get close enough to Aang to hit. That, or go Kyuubi and start spitting chakra at him, but that's a last resort Naruto is unlikely to use.

Prime32
2009-08-24, 10:41 AM
Not as far as I know. The move shown in that clip is still strictly melee despite being called a shuriken.

Edit: If you actually watch the "video of impact" you added, you'll notice that Naruto holds the "shuriken" in his hand all the way to initial contact. It separates from him after that and does a bit of shoving before exploding, but he still has to make the initial hit with it still in hand in melee.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wind_Release:_Rasenshuriken

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-24, 10:52 AM
That just means he has a chance. All the first strikes will come from Aang just because Aang can fly and hit from range and Naruto can't.

http://wordonmars.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/041.jpg
Link (http://wordonmars.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/041.jpg)

Douglas
2009-08-24, 11:46 AM
That... could change things. It's also considerably ahead of the point the anime has gotten too, which is why I didn't know about it.

Ok, adding that and "Sage Mode" (which I just now learned about from the wiki link), Aang is facing an uphill battle even in full Avatar mode. Naruto would still have to work for it, and I still think it could go either way, but I think Naruto has the advantage. Unless the full moon's up and Aang resorts to bloodbending, then Naruto's screwed.

Strawman
2009-08-24, 12:00 PM
Should their normal personality play a part in this at all? Given Naruto's recent ideals of passive-resistance in the Pain fight and Aang's refusal to kill at all, I find it hard to imagine any fight where they would get close to going all out against each other.

Kato
2009-08-24, 12:12 PM
Okay, first: Naruto's handycapped because there is no Shikamaru do advice him. Okay, that said, there is at least Kakashi so that might work.

Anyway, i guess the point goes to Aang, even if we give him some advances. To be fair none should know too much about his opponent before, since a ninja who's tricks are spoiled is rather worthless. So Naruto will probably be able to give him a lot of trouble with some clones confusing him right from the beginning. In the mean time he has more than enough time to gather sage chalra if he did not do it while preparing.

Energy bending might be a interesting case. If we stay in-canon we should assume it's as already pointed out not a useful combat move. But even if we give it an upgrade and assume ghe can drwa chakra this way, Naruto has a massive amount of that even when not drawing from the Kyubi, so unless Aang gets an overpowered ability to suck out all at once he won't be able to beat him with just that.
On another note, Aangs powers are much more versatile, with the multielemental bending. Naruto will mostly rely on force, rasen-jutsus and nmaybe some basic tricks as kunai and Kawamiri, but that's not too bad either.

I guess it will take a while but Naruto will win. Aang might be able to use a wide vriety of attacks with considerable damage, unless he resorts to a rock armor he's mor a fragile speedster where Naruto is able to take massive amount of damage (much more than Aangs average attacks would do, and if Aang resorted to a real strong one Naruto either regenerates or it was just a clone/kawamiri.
In the long run, i think Naruto needs just one proper hit with a rasengan or the like (unless we give it to Aang he can freely manipulate chakra and therefore dissolve it, but even then he'd get a chakra-empowered fist in the guts) and Aang would be beaten, even in Avatar state. Naruto is just more enduring and will withstand most attacks and therefore Aangs chances are ather bad, imo.

Victory: Naruto (probably)

Demons_eye
2009-08-24, 12:23 PM
Its two different power levels settings. Its like Goku vs Linch King Both high power people in the setting but who can level placing in one move? Goku.

Aang vs Naruto? Naruto, higher power setting means more power. I mean all most every major fight levels the landscape in a naruto fight. In avatar? I have seen it once or twice.

Douglas
2009-08-24, 12:36 PM
Aang vs Naruto? Naruto, higher power setting means more power. I mean all most every major fight levels the landscape in a naruto fight. In avatar? I have seen it once or twice.
In Naruto, major fights where powerful combatants pull out their best stuff happen all the time. In Avatar, that kind of fight is rarer but when it happens it is every bit as devastating, and we are postulating the most powerful combatant available in the setting at his individual greatest height of power. Aang in the Avatar state did just fine at devastating the landscape even way back in the season one finale (or would have if said landscape weren't the ocean, anyway). In the series finale... Granted, Sozin's Comet is not listed as being present for this fight, but Aang was throwing around plenty of landscape levelling attacks even with the other elements.

I agree Naruto does have the advantage, but Aang's power is comparable and he would not go down easily.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-24, 12:40 PM
I agree Naruto does have the advantage, but Aang's power is comparable and he would not go down easily.

Actually, assuming that Naruto hits with his Rasenshuriken then Aang would be out in one shot. His attack hits every one of your cells with microscopic wind needles, because obviously science makes so much sense in a world where people are regularly fixed by magic.

Also: Naruto is hardly the strongest fighter in his own universe. That goes to either Itachi or Madara who both have the eyes of Deus Ex Machina.

Aotrs Commander
2009-08-24, 12:41 PM
No no no! That is all wrong!

What happens more likely is this:

First of all, the respectives cheerleaders meet up in their generic cheerleading...place. Sokka gapes at Tsunade, Konahomaru hilariously mistakes Toph for a Hyuugu.

Naruto and Aang stand there talking for twenty minutes before any actual fighting starts, regreting the need to fight like this. Then they agree to give it their all and do their best (cheered on by Lee who considers this most "youthful" behavior).

*Flashback*

The fight would then start with some melee combat with the odd shuriken or two vrs Airbending; with a running commentary from Kakashi, Katara and/or Tsunade.

*Flashback*

Aang and Naruto tell each other about their past.

*Flashback*

Lee/Naruto/Sokka/Konohomaru/Sai do something humorous that causes Sakura/Tsunade/Katara to whomp them. Hilarity ensues.

*Flashback*

Naruto and Aang reaffirm their determination and take it up a notch; jutsu verses all bending forms (Aang is not flying; after all, most of the time he doesn't fly in combat.) More commentary.

*Flashback*

Lee questions Toph about how she can 'see' what is going on, and they bond over their shared disadvantages (helped by a liberal dose of Konohomaru and Lee's awe of her abilities, making her blush with praise).

*Flashback*

Naruto uses Sexy Jutsu. Toph wonders what's going on, Aang and Lee nearly faint Hinata-style from embarrassment, Sokka drools like a muppet, Sakura, Katara and Tsunade growl and crack their knuckles/water whip, Konohomaru laughs, Kakashi good-naturedly rols his eye, Zuko face-palms. Appa and Sai face off in a hilarious B-plot after the latter accidently spills ink on the former's food. There is much merriment.

More talking, reaffirming for Aang and Naruto.

*Flashback*

*Flahsback to what happened before the last flashback*

*Flashback flashback to the flashback before last*

*Flashback, this on accidently being a flashback to an entirely unrelated series. Everyone is confused.

*Flashback*

Aang activates his Avatar State, Naruto goes Kyuubi (with between one and say, three tails). Much badassery ensues. With commentary.

Aang flies around, smacking the crap out of Naruto, who keeps getting back up.

*Flashback*

More badassery. Everyone makes suitably amazed comments.

*Flashback*

Aang and Naruto whomp each other senseless in a ridiculously big attack. Both are knocked down to their regular state and stand their, breathlessly for a few minutes.

Then the Evil Villain (etc) who set this up arrives to monologue. He then demands Aang and Naruto kill each other (or their respective universes will be doomed or something).

*Flashback, very long, explaining what a complete toss-pot the villain is*

They refuse. He gets cross. Naruto and Aang exchange glances. Aang goes Avatar. Naruto goes Sage-Mode Eight-Tails. Evil Villain goes to the toilet in his pants.

Aang and Naruto procede to kick the crap out of the villain, finishing with a ludicrously big Avatar-boosted crimson Rasan-stupidly-big-hurty-maimy-thing no jutsu. Evil Villain's ass is well and truly kicked.

A large party ensure thereafter, wherein all the Gaang and the Leaf nin (plus the Sand Siblings) join in to celebrate both universes being supremely awesome or something.

Rock Lee is introduced to Ty Lee and they run off do atheltics. (No, really; Lee is just that dense...)

Aang is introduced to ramen, curtesy of Naruto.

Iroh is introduced to Icha Icha, curtesy of Kakashi (to Zuko's dismay).

Appa is introduced to Chouij at the buffet.

Akamaru is introduced to Momo by hilarious mischance, making Kiba and Gai, who gets dragged in, spend all evening running round after them.

Naruto is introduced to Sakura's fist when he does something unintentionally perverted.

Sakura, Tsunade and Katara talk about healing stuff and how great it is to be badass as well.

Sokka (under Suki's close supervision) is coached by Tenten on weapons.

Shikamaru persuades Sokka to play a game of Shogi. Surprisingly, Sokka holds his own. They then watch clouds together and talk about "troublesome women", hilariously leading to Ino, Temari, Toph and Katara beating the wotsit out of them.

Suki and Kankoru discuss the various merits of makeup.

Gaara, Neij, Zuko, Shino and Mai and Sai hold a long conversation, consisting of mainly of long periods of silence and hilarious inept attempts at small talk.

Iroh and Jirayia, who is inexplicably back from the dead, get tipsy and hit on Anko, Kurenai, Shizune and/or Tsunade. Hilarity ensues.

Toph, Suki, Katara and Hinata (who has been hiding in the background) have a long conversation, with the former trio trying to persuade the latter to talk to Naruto after the awkwardness of her mid-battle love confession. Toph spikes Hinata's drink when she's not looking.

*Flashback. You thought they'd have run out by now, wouldn't you. Silly you.*

Hinata jumps Naruto, who is dragged off with an astonished, but silly, grin.

Mai rolls her eyes and drags off Zuko, exchanging glances with Temari and Suki, while they grab Shikamaru and Sokka respectively.

Chouij is fast asleep in the corner with Appa, both stuffed to the gills.

Kiba and Gai collapse in an exhausted heap in the corner, (to the former's horror when he wakes up); Akamaru and Momo, having settled their differences fall asleep nearby, with the latter using the former as a pillow.

Everyone else wanders off to bed, except Iroh and Jirayia. Both of whom are not nearly as drunk as they pretend, the wily old buggers, and who then exchance meaningful old guy wisdom and reminise, before shaking hands.

Everyone parts ways in the morning, with Aang off to ride some animals, and Naruto getting clonked by Sakura (who then, to eveyone's surprise, gets clonked by Hinata).

Then they all walk off into the sunset, despite them going in diametriaclly opposite directions.

That, now, that, is what would happen. Totally.

Llama231
2009-08-24, 12:50 PM
We have a winna.

Douglas
2009-08-24, 12:54 PM
Actually, assuming that Naruto hits with his Rasenshuriken then Aang would be out in one shot. His attack hits every one of your cells with microscopic wind needles, because obviously science makes so much sense in a world where people are regularly fixed by magic.
If he can hit, that would probably be a one-hit kill. Good luck getting that hit on an airbender like Aang, though. Mobility and dodging are among the things he's best at, the Rasenshuriken is painfully obviously something that you really need to dodge even for someone who's never seen it before and doesn't have a clue what it does, and it's powerful enough that Naruto actually can't keep trying again indefinitely.

Also: Naruto is hardly the strongest fighter in his own universe. That goes to either Itachi or Madara who both have the eyes of Deus Ex Machina.
I know, I was referring to Aang.

Aotrs: Perfect! I nominate your post for Official Win.

Strawman
2009-08-24, 01:22 PM
I wonder how airbending would affect Naruto's rasenshuriken, considering that it uses the element of air. Aang might just be able to cancel it out.

Edit - I second the nomination.

Mx.Silver
2009-08-24, 01:35 PM
*post of purest, grade A win*
Thread's over and done with, ladies and gentlemen. Nothing more to see here.

Kato
2009-08-24, 04:08 PM
Nothing left to do but agree. Now go and do something similar to that other old vs threads and you'll get a big internet cookie. REALLY big.

Aotrs Commander
2009-08-24, 04:45 PM
*Bows gracefully*

I thank you. You are all too kind.

*Rolls save vrs smug*

Though it helps that AkazilliaDeNaro did posit a very fair and reasonable set of boundary circumstances in the first place.

Steven the Lich
2009-08-25, 08:17 AM
Aotrs is full of win and awesomeness. :smallbiggrin:

Aang has speed and control of the elements, Naruto has endurance and more nukes... I mean, devastating jutsus.
As long as Aang keeps away, he should be fine. However, Naruto could very well confuse him as to his actual location... Naruto has done this before, and it was enough to fool Neji, and later, Kakuzu.
In any case, if Aang is caught in the area of effect from Naruto's moves, especially in the demon fox form, it would be uncontestedly obliterate him. Naruto's chakra was enough to destroy three supposedly invincible gates, losing only enough momentum to knock Orochimaru onto his slithering backside instead of outright incinerating him.

But in all actuality, I can't see see these two fighting each other. Which is why Aotrs has won this thread.