PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars Saga] Talent lists

Fixer
2009-08-24, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know of a list of the talents the various classes can learn in a single location (with a book/page reference to go look it up)?

I was trying to help my nephew make a character and he wanted some talent or another he had seen and we had to go through a bunch of books to find the bloody thing. I was hoping for a list already-made before I have to go making one.

(also, a list of races and feats would be nice, while I am asking)

Fixer
2009-08-24, 01:12 PM
Ok, corollary question: Does anyone here even play Saga? (If not, I guess I shouldn't ask Saga questions here.)

mr.fizzypop
2009-08-24, 01:19 PM
I play saga edition!

Anyway, I searched on google and found this (http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:7sIUKwSyIcYJ:swre.wdfiles.com/local--files/resources/SagaTalents_v13.pdf+saga+edition+talent+list&hl=en&gl=us).

Fixer
2009-08-24, 01:24 PM
That doesn't have them all, but it is a pretty good list. It seems to only have two books worth of talents.

Thanks, though. Good to know SOMEONE on here plays Saga. I only got started a few weeks ago and am impressed with it.

Person_Man
2009-08-24, 01:29 PM
I play SWSE. I also live in the Northern VA/DC area, and I'm looking for a new group to play SWSE with, in case anyone has one.

I've also noticed that there's a lot less SWSE optimization on the boards. Fewer people play the game, and fewer still buy any splat books.

Fixer
2009-08-24, 01:32 PM
Sorry, I live way down in Florida.

I have gotten my nephews, one neighbor's kid (with parent's permission) and my son into a game. Ages 10-15 so it is not nearly optimization-level play. So far they are having more fun throwing around Force powers and (for one nephew) dying once a game.

mr.fizzypop
2009-08-24, 01:51 PM
I also found another one here (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/45721).

It looks like it has both feats and talents.

Fixer
2009-08-24, 02:00 PM
Ooooo, that one is quite good. It has all the ones I know about and a few others I have never heard of. All it needs is a description of each but at least now I have a list and references, which is all I had asked for.

Wonderful! Thanks!

Now, for the races list I wanted to put together.

Gourtox
2009-08-24, 02:01 PM
saga-edition.com has feats, talents and other stuff including homebrew. Homebrew is actually posted where official stuff is posted with where to find it, but not the actual description. Also to find talents you have to go by class/PrC. It is the best place i have found yet.

Fixer
2009-08-24, 02:06 PM
I am trying to avoid homebrew. I want these kids to be able to reference an official book if they want to do something, and not just pull up anything they find on the Internet and say, "I want this." If I allow any homebrew at all, I would have to be able to justify to kids ½ my age why theirs is not allowed while mine is.

toturi
2009-08-25, 10:01 PM
http://www.strife.com/downloads/SWRPG_OmegaDex_v1.5b.pdf "This is the list you have been looking for..."

Katana_Geldar
2009-08-25, 11:12 PM
IIRC, there are quite a few links on the WOTC boards for this sort of thing. But Wizards took the boards down for a few days. The Omega Dex is okay, but doesn't have the descriptions you are after.

Gamgee
2009-08-26, 02:19 AM
IIRC, there are quite a few links on the WOTC boards for this sort of thing. But Wizards took the boards down for a few days. The Omega Dex is okay, but doesn't have the descriptions you are after.

The descriptions if they are in there are something the Wizo's will come and take you away to a happy place called court land. ;) A reference table is fine, but anything more than that and they could sue. :P

AstralFire
2009-08-26, 02:53 AM
Ok, corollary question: Does anyone here even play Saga? (If not, I guess I shouldn't ask Saga questions here.)

Well, I do. You can always direct the questions at me!

Fixer
2009-08-26, 06:53 AM
The descriptions if they are in there are something the Wizo's will come and take you away to a happy place called court land. ;) A reference table is fine, but anything more than that and they could sue. :PThe list I am making will have all the descriptions in it for my own reference. As I don't intend on publishing it publicly, I doubt WoTC will come after me for my reference materials.

Well, I do. You can always direct the questions at me!YOU! You are the one who got me started on Saga. I knew you played. :P

Talya
2009-08-26, 11:13 AM
I love Saga Edition.

Katana_Geldar
2009-08-26, 07:29 PM
The link I was sent to is on the Wizards boards, which are STILL down.

So I sent you a little PM :smallbiggrin: