PDA

View Full Version : Liu Kang

Jergmo
2009-08-24, 10:11 AM
http://blog.sparkymat.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/robinshou.jpg
Liu Kang
10th level human Gestalt Monk/Battle Sorcerer.
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 10d8+30 (75 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (+4 Dex, +7 insight)
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+2 / +10/+5
Attack: Unarmed strike +10 melee (1d10+3)
Full Attack: Unarmed strike +10/+10/+5 melee (1d10+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spells, stunning fist, flurry of blows, unarmed strike, Ki strike (magic and lawful)
Special Qualities: Still mind, slow fall 50 ft., Purity of body, Wholeness of body, extreme leap, leaping climber, nimble charge, wall jumper
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 20, Cha 15
Skills: Balance +11, Climb +18, Concentration +13, Escape Artist +9, Jump +20, Knowledge (religion) +6, Sense Motive +10, Tumble +16, Use Rope +4 (+6 when binding someone), Diplomacy +4
Feats: Dodge, Combat Expertise, Stunning Fist, Evasion, Combat Reflexes, Energy Substitution (Fire), Improved Trip, Skill Focus (Jump), Skill Focus (Tumble), Improved Evasion
Environment: Cold Hills
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Lawful Good
Level Adjustment: +2

Spells
Sorcerer Spells Per Day:(5/6/6/5/4/2)
Sorcerer Spells Known: 0—Resistance, Touch of Fatigue; 1st—Endure Elements, Protection from Evil, True Strike, Burning Hands; 2nd—Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Blur; 3rd—Fire Bolt, Haste; 4th—Dimension Door

Stunning Fist (Ex): Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed strike to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 20), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next action). A stunned creature drops everything held, can't take actions, takes a -2 penalty to AC, and loses their Dexterity bonus to AC. Liu Kang can use this ability twice per day, and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Still Mind (Ex): A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment.

Purity of Body (Ex): At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases.

Wholeness of Body (Ex): At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal their own wounds. They can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to twice their current monk level each day, and they can spread this healing out among several uses.

Extreme Leap [Movement]
Your extraordinary leaping ability carries you over great distances.
Prerequisite: Jump 5 ranks.
Benefit: If you make a horizontal jump of at least 10 feet during your turn, you can spend a swift action to move an additional 10 feet on that turn.

Leaping Climber [Movement]
There's no better way to start a tough climb than by leaping up the wall.
Prerequisite: Climb 5 ranks, Jump 5 ranks.
Benefit: If you begin a climb by making a Jump check as a swift action, you can add the vertical distance of your jump to the distance climbed in that round. Treat the Jump check as being made with a running start even if you didn't move at least 20 feet.

Nimble Charge [Movement]
You can run across treacherous surfaces with ease.
Prerequisite: Balance 5 ranks.
Benefit: You can run or charge across a difficult surface without needing to make a Balance check.

Wall Jumper [Movement]
There's no better way to end a tough climb than by leaping from the wall.
Prerequisite: Climb 5 ranks, Jump 5 ranks.
Benefit: If you have succeeded on a Climb check to ascend or descend a wall during this or your previous turn, you can leap horizontally from the wall as if you had a running start.

I was bored, and I started wondering "Say, what would it take to convert a Mortal Kombat character to D&D?" :smallsmile:

Winthur
2009-09-26, 01:41 PM
I know it's old, but I'm just really curious:
Where's the bicycle kick? :smallbiggrin:

Jergmo
2009-09-26, 03:03 PM
I know it's old, but I'm just really curious:
Where's the bicycle kick? :smallbiggrin:

I hadn't found anything for it at the time. I think there's a homebrew feat for it that does like 1d12 damage, but I haven't messed around with it. I figured maybe he could get away with doing a leap up to half his jump with an unarmed strike with his foot.

imp_fireball
2009-09-28, 11:17 PM
I hadn't found anything for it at the time. I think there's a homebrew feat for it that does like 1d12 damage, but I haven't messed around with it. I figured maybe he could get away with doing a leap up to half his jump with an unarmed strike with his foot.

Combine flurry of blows with a bull rush = bicycle kick.

I'd suggest designing a new martial adept class with access to mortal kombat specific maneuvers. That's what I'm doing for DBZ d20.

Also, if Liu's human, why does he have LA +2? Is it the abilities that you slapped onto him? His race should be 'Liu Kang' then.

deuxhero
2009-09-28, 11:20 PM
Battle sorcerer is unneeded here. Everything it gives monk gestalt does as well (medium BAB and hit die, you can't use armor as a monk even if you can cast in it, you have a martial weapon so you can enter a prestige class). Unless not having him as plain sorc was intended to make him weaker.

elliott20
2009-09-29, 04:47 AM
I personally would make him up an unarmed swordsage with a couple desert wind moves for the fireball, and then some tiger claw for all the jumping attacks.