PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a great game, unusual stuff...

Egiam
2009-08-24, 02:20 PM
I just got back from what may very well be the most entertaining RPG session ever.

It was the start of a new NWOD game set in modern Athens.

Cool things:
-stuff happened
-the ST had a soundtrack (coo' musik)
-It was not railroading
-I got real paper handouts (letters in a foreign language, etc)

And this:
Before the game, the ST and in set a fun trick up up. I came dressed (sorta) as my character, but did not tell anyone. In character I was packing a concealed SigPro 9mm handgun. During the first part of the game I had an airsoft pistol under the table. When my character pulled out his conceal gun, I whipped the pistol out from under the table. Both in character and out of character the other players were surprised. The looks on there faces was priceless.

Utter sweetness

Jerthanis
2009-08-24, 06:38 PM
I was recently playing an nWoD game in which my character got on stage to do some karaoke, and I produced a microphone from under the table and begin to actually sing Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On in my in-character voice.

it was pretty shocking to the rest of the group apparently.

woodenbandman
2009-08-24, 07:58 PM
I attempted to use a talkbox and communicate ala Peter Frampton. It would have worked if I hadn't have been in an apartment and I could've turned it up.

Good times. That was just last night. I love that character.

TheCountAlucard
2009-08-24, 08:34 PM
This reminds me of SilverClawShift's horror campaign - the part where the Warforged Bard was introduced to the party. :smallbiggrin:

kjones
2009-08-24, 09:37 PM
I hope your airsoft gun had the orange thingy... if someone pulled a realistic-looking gun on me at the table I don't think "surprised" would accurately describe my reaction.

Egiam
2009-08-24, 11:16 PM
Yes, it had the "orange thingy".

It was unloaded with tha magazine out.