PDA

View Full Version : Err...let's not play Fate/Stay Night.

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 06:30 PM
Edit: I've recently found out that a fellow named Seorin over at Somethin Awful is already doing a Let's Play of Fate/Stay Night, and judging from the amount of content that he's putting into it, there's nothing I could possibly do to not be redundant with his thread.

Thus, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3088127&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1, and enjoy a well-done Let's Play of F/SN.

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 06:31 PM
[Post reserved for later use]

Guancyto
2009-08-24, 07:07 PM
Awesome.

*subscribes*

Are you really required to play them in that order?

@V I guess the answer is to try to get the protagonist splattered on the nearest wall at every opportunity. Shirou will die when he is killed! :smallbiggrin:

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-24, 07:35 PM
A Let's Play of a Visual Novel? Doesn't "Let's Play" imply something you play, rather than page through dialogue?

Oh, whatever, it's cool, now I can read it without needing to download it myself.

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 07:42 PM
A Let's Play of a Visual Novel? Doesn't "Let's Play" imply something you play, rather than page through dialogue?

Oh, whatever, it's cool, now I can read it without needing to download it myself.

I'm really only doing this since Seorin made a Let's Play of Tsukihime here (http://www.letsplayarchive.com/). If it weren't for the precedent, I might not have thought of doing this.

I still encourage you to try to get the Visual Novel if you can, however. The music's nice, at least.

Are you really required to play them in that order?

Yes. The choices that you must make to go down the other Routes don't appear until you unlock them.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-24, 07:44 PM
I'm really only doing this since Seorin made a Let's Play of Tsukihime here (http://www.letsplayarchive.com/). If it weren't for the precedent, I might not have thought of doing this.

I still encourage you to try to get the Visual Novel if you can, however. The music's nice, at least.I like the idea of the thread, I just think there should be a different name for this, because I can only accept the concept of VNs if I think of them as "not video games".

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 07:49 PM
That's true...but I don't particularly feel like roping a moderator in to move the thread over to Media Discussion and changing the title to Let's Read. :smalltongue:

(On a more serious note, though, I do hope the mods don't shut this thread down on the same grounds--that this isn't a game, but a book, and that you shouldn't post books online or such.)

Guancyto
2009-08-24, 07:51 PM
Yes. The choices that you must make to go down the other Routes don't appear until you unlock them.

Bah. I was hoping we could do Fate last, since I've seen the anime already.

Nevertheless, this should be good. On with the show!

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 07:56 PM
Actually, even the Fate route ought to be fairly new for you. The anime adaptation incorporated stuff from Heaven's Feel and UBW, so while the overall plot and major events are the same, there are some new things that you'll read about.

13_CBS
2009-08-24, 08:55 PM
Please reread the first post, as I've discontinued this Let's Play.