PDA

View Full Version : Fate /SN II: UBW WW Game [autolynch recruitment]

Trixie
2009-08-25, 11:46 AM
Fate /SN II: Unlimited Blade Wolfs*

That's right - one of the games with the largest amounts of behind-the-scenes deals, backstabbing, scheming and treachery is back! :smallamused:

And to make things even better everything has been greatly overhauled, streamlined and polished to deal with all issues players had last time.

Imagine dark, gloomy building from the beginning of the century. It is a large, two floor mansion, standing in a garden somewhere on the outskirts of the city.

Imagine a circle, somewhere in the basement. Blood red lines form a delicate network, lights dance around, and the whole room is filled with vicious energies.

It is a portal.

Last remnants of The Mage Association banded together to summon champions capable of overthrowing the regime Saber established after her victory in the war, a year ago.

Unfortunately, the last remnants that managed to disappear from her ever watchful gaze were equally cursed with their weakness - they were not notable enough to be found, but at the same time not notable enough to summon proper Servants of their own to wage war.

Instead, they opened a portal to an alternate version of history - one in which Saber lost last war. To avoid a Paradox, one that would be deadly for all creation, they only summoned a handful of mages, victors, people long dead in their own world. Five mages, heirs of ancient bloodlines of sorcerers and magicians.

Now, a new hope is dawning on the world. Can the defeat Saber in this reality, too? Will she be strong enough to defeat them once again? And what of other, so far neutral parties, ones that already noticed something is amiss, parties that even now plan to use a resurgence of magekind to their own, devious ends?

And, finally, what of the other Servants, ancients spirits of long gone great heroes, that - until now - lacked means to materialize themselves in the material world, thanks to Saber's purge?

Only time will tell.

*Yes, the title is correct.

Game will start around September 1st. I want to test some changes before Fate III starts, so we'll go with rules for non-scheduled games (which means 12-20 players). Have fun :smalltongue:

Rules:
Standard rules - 48 hours for a day phase, everyone points in red at (the most likely) enemy. Then, 24 hours for night phase, every player with abilities and/or kills gets to use them. Repeat until victory or defeat.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they are inactive for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

No scry interference, no 25% votes needed - simple majority will do.

All roles mentioned below will be included in 20 player game. I reserve the right to cut some of them if there is not enough interest, to balance things.

Roles:
Team Good(ish)
Citizens: Casualties-to-be. Some of them are tougher than that, though.

Tohsaka [Seer] - Again, the best mage in the city. Her scries will return one of the four results: human (citizens), mage (power roles), inquisitor (neutrals) & constructs (servants).

Sakura [Fool] - (Almost) twin sister of Tohsaka. She would be the best mage around... If not for unfortunate lack of training and experience. Random scries.

Shinji [Voider] - can use the Book of Seals to target one Servant. Target will be voided and any kills and abilities they might us during that night will be suppressed. This works for the duration of that night only. Book can be used three times, but once the last Seal is used, all targets have a 50% chance to learn the name of the user.

Shiro - Can protect from almost anything... But even he cannot stop two or more kills on the same target at the same time.

(Kaleid) Ilia [Disciple] - A... weird version of Illiasviel von Enzbern, straight from a spin-off series. Apparently, something went very wrong during the summoning. Abilities - secret :smalltongue:

Victory conditions: Standard - kill all Servants and end their reign of blood.
Team Neutral
Inquisition [masons] - again, the best team of Inquisitors was assembled under the lone survivor of the previous war. They want to stop the Servants... but killing a few heretics won't hurt, too. Two of them will get the following roles:

Caren [Head Mason] - The survivor. Taught by the bitter experience of previous war, this time she adopted a more cunning and stealthy approach.

Sion [Traitor] - Once, long ago, one of the best alchemists of the world and staunch ally of the Church. Now, she has agenda of her own, and a vast array of abilities to make her goals true. No one knows about her defection, and the others think she is just an ordinary Inquisitor. Her goals, too, are mystery :smallamused:

Victory conditions: secret, but similar to the set they had last time.
Team Evil [Servants]

Team Alpha
[B]Saber [Alpha] - Victor of the previous War. Abilities:
Excalibur [x1] - one-shot-kill.
Avalon [auto, x1] - anyone protected by Avalon can ignore one kill action, no matter what the source.
Loss: Shiro, Sakura & Tohsaka.

Archer [Copycat] - Has... interesting issues. Abilities:
Trace [x3] - next day daybane or night bane or weak scry.
Independent Operations - cannot lose powers.
Loss: -
Team Beta
Caster [Devil] - Most powerful mage of her era. Abilities:
Farseeing - perfect scry.
Command [x1] - Once per game targeted person has to execute one short action next day or night. No metagaming, though.
Loss: Caster's choice.

Assassin [Shadow] - Nuff' said. Abilities:
Stealth - [auto] will be always scried as citizen.
Tsubame Gaesh [x1] - his day point counts as three.
Loss: Caster.
Both evil teams have one night kill. It doesn't matter who sends those, but if the Servant in question is voided, the kill will be voided as well. They know other members of the team, Alpha gets to pick his/her team.

Each Servant has two abilities - only one can be used per night, so automatic abilities like Avalon or Stealth will be disabled until the end of night if the other one is used. Numbers in [] indicate how many times per game each ability can be used.

They lose their powers if the person noted below their abilities dies.

Victory conditions: Kill the other wolf team, defeat team good.

If you're interested, more fluff, names and character descriptions can be found in the opening posts of recruitment and game thread of previous edition.

Players:
01. Shadowhisper
02. Murska
03. Opeth_Freak
04. The Bookworm
05. Aemoh
06. Kyouhen
07. Night Surgeon
08. Heroic
09. Geesi
10. Helgraf
11. Freshmeat
12. Fleeing Coward
13. Banjo1985
14. Jontom Xire
15. Oddity
16. Reinholdt
17. LexKat
18. Elder Tsofu
18. Zar Peter
19. Fostire
20. Supagoof
Anyone wants to co-narrate? :smallwink:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-27, 11:34 AM
This is recruitment? If so, definitely in.

Murska
2009-08-27, 11:35 AM
Okay, sure, I'm in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-27, 11:35 AM
Heh... How could I miss that? :smallamused:

In.

The Bookworm
2009-08-27, 11:53 AM
In! Yeah! Pointless exclamation point!

Aemoh
2009-08-27, 12:46 PM
So very, very IN again :smallbiggrin:

Kyouhen
2009-08-27, 01:23 PM
Sounds fun, I'll join!

Fan
2009-08-27, 03:29 PM
Was in the last one, and just finished the series. Entirely awesome, and original series.

>_>

/in

Heroic
2009-08-27, 05:35 PM
I'm in for this one

Guancyto
2009-08-27, 07:47 PM
In. Let's rock!

Helgraf
2009-08-27, 09:35 PM
I missed the last one. I'll give this one a try.

Freshmeat
2009-08-28, 04:45 AM
In with filler text.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-28, 04:50 AM
Count me in.

Trixie
2009-08-28, 06:16 AM
Less than a day and over half the spots were taken.

I wonder if this some kind of record :smalltongue:

And the list of players looks good. I'm looking forward to even more epic game this time :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2009-08-28, 06:25 AM
In without filler text...hang on...

Jontom Xire
2009-08-28, 06:59 AM
Definitely in. I'll read the rules later.

Oddity
2009-08-28, 08:52 AM
I wasn't going to (too many games an all)
but what the heck.
IN!

Reinholdt
2009-08-28, 12:33 PM
I'll join in.

Guancyto
2009-08-28, 12:43 PM
Shinji [Voider] - can use the Book of Seals to target one Servant. Target will be voided and any kills and abilities they might us during that night will be suppressed. This works for the duration of that night only. Book can be used three times, but once the last Seal is used, all targets have a 50% chance to learn the name of the user.

Hey, quick clarification. When the void action is used, do you specify a Servant you wish to target (hence the restrictions) or do you target a player, or can you do either?

Trixie
2009-08-28, 01:17 PM
You only need to specify a role (and that's why both team evil leaders aren't necessarily the ones sending in kills by default). As for other possible usages... I think we'll deal with that if and when the issue arises, keeping the balance and fun for everyone concerned in mind :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-08-28, 09:59 PM
In, like um.... now.

Trixie
2009-08-29, 09:10 AM
Updated.

15 players signed during the first day, and only 2 during the second. So close, and yet so far from the goal.

The Bookworm
2009-08-29, 09:44 AM
[x1] means you can use the ability once, right?
If so, how is something automatic and [x1]?

Trixie
2009-08-29, 10:00 AM
Um, as it saves from death once. Having entirely unbeatable characters, especially wolves, wouldn't exactly give the others chance to fight, eh? :smalltongue:

And I've considered that particular ability working only on call, but that would have bring in a lot of unnecessary complications, and would make it almost unusable, so it works for the target only on all times. Yes, it already says it will work once in description, the 'x1' part was added to leave no ambiguities in the role.

Elder Tsofu
2009-08-29, 10:02 AM
How advanced is this game? (That is, do you need 10 games experiance with you to not ruin it for the rest of the players) :smallsmile:
I'd be fun to join but I'd rather not ruin it with my lack of experiance. :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-08-29, 10:06 AM
Um, as it saves from death once. Having entirely unbeatable characters, especially wolves, wouldn't exactly give the others chance to fight, eh? :smalltongue:
Unbeatable wolves? :smalleek:

Trixie
2009-08-29, 10:08 AM
How advanced is this game? (That is, do you need 10 games experiance with you to not ruin it for the rest of the players) :smallsmile:
I'd be fun to join but I'd rather not ruin it with my lack of experiance. :smalltongue:

Hmm, in the previous games, the novice players seemed to do okay (in fact, one was second-last survivor), so I'd say you'll do fine.

All roles are (in essence) simply variants of standard WW roles, with one exception, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have in PMs (and if you land in one of the networks, you'll have the other players that can help you) :smallwink:

Unbeatable wolves? :smalleek:

I used conditional mood there for a reason, you know :smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2009-08-29, 10:10 AM
Nice, sign me up then and we'll see how it goes. :smallwink:

Trixie
2009-08-30, 05:30 AM
Updated.

Come one, people, we only need three more players :smallfrown:

The Bookworm
2009-08-30, 07:18 AM
I'll take another role along with my first one... :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-08-30, 07:44 AM
Sign me up. But don't expect any knowledge with the theme.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-30, 07:44 AM
I'd like to take a second role too please :smallbiggrin:

Fostire
2009-08-30, 09:40 AM
Is there any room left for me?

Supagoof
2009-08-30, 10:50 PM
Well because it's using a new Shadow Alpha Wolf naming convention (be it they are two different roles...:smalltongue:)

In like Fin! Where is Fin?

Trixie
2009-08-31, 03:50 AM
Soo... it seems we're full.

A pity, I really would like Happy to be in this one.

Anyway, I'll roll to check who Alpha is today, roll rest of roles after hearing back from him/her, and post opening narration tonight.

I hope it won't be waiting for accepting as long as the opening post did. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-09-01, 04:26 AM
Final update - I'll post opening narration in a moment. In the meanwhile, though, Irbis (who wanted to see how co-narration looks like) will begin sending out roles from a list I just PMed to him. Hmmm, did I forgot anything?

Robert Blackletter
2009-09-01, 04:46 AM
In

Monkeys

Edit: dang too late, really got to be faster

Trixie
2009-09-01, 05:22 AM
I can sigh you as autolynch replacement, if you want :smallwink:

Irbis
2009-09-01, 06:29 AM
Uff, 25 PM's, I think that's more than I send in month. I hope I haven't missed anyone? :smallconfused:

Trixie
2009-09-01, 09:13 AM
Incidentally, here's the game thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123472).