PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Channel Divinity: Bahamut

Mando Knight
2009-08-25, 02:52 PM
DDI subscribers can see the article here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090824).

Basically, it's a nice set of options available to characters that worship Bahamut, including a Paragon Path and Epic Destiny, as well as unique multiclass feats that allow access to different powers.

It also has a feat that lets Dragonborn of divine classes add LAZ0R to their breath.

As one could probably tell by my avatar, I like this article. I'm also interested in seeing what they'll do for the other PHB deities.

Lord_Ventnor
2009-08-25, 03:28 PM
I liked the Epic Destiny, which lets you turn into a mini-Bahamut, complete with an aura of fear, a powerful bite attack, and the breath thing.

What might make for an interesting character would be a Bard worshiper of Bahamut who multiclasses into the two different multiclass "styles."

Tengu_temp
2009-08-25, 03:29 PM
A Bahamut-oriented paragon path and epic destiny, huh? Does any of these require you to bring him a rat's tail as a prerequisite?

FoE
2009-08-25, 03:42 PM
Somebody tell Zousha about this article. He'll probably wet himself.

A Bahamut-oriented paragon path and epic destiny, huh? Does any of these require you to bring him a rat's tail as a prerequisite?

I'd settle for the power to stab out my mind's eye, right about now.

Mando Knight
2009-08-25, 03:42 PM
Does any of these require you to bring him a rat's tail as a prerequisite?

Not as written, but it's a possibility for a plot hook...

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-25, 04:17 PM

Please, never do that again. That arc really made me gag thanks to that mental image.

Hal
2009-08-25, 05:04 PM
I love that Epic Destiny, but the level 26 power leaves me wondering. First, canaries? What on earth is that about?

Second, it says that one of the canaries adds 1d10 cold and fire damage to your attacks. Is that 1d10 cold and 1d10 fire or 1d10 cold/fire damage (that is, you must resist both to resist the damage)?

Sir Homeslice
2009-08-25, 05:07 PM
Please, never do that again. That arc really made me gag thanks to that mental image.

I'd settle for the power to stab out my mind's eye, right about now.

Weak! Both of you are weak!

Second, it says that one of the canaries adds 1d10 cold and fire damage to your attacks. Is that 1d10 cold and 1d10 fire or 1d10 cold/fire damage (that is, you must resist both to resist the damage)?

It's cold and fire damage, meaning you need both cold and fire resistance, and only the weaker applies.

Mando Knight
2009-08-25, 05:16 PM
First, canaries? What on earth is that about?

It's about Bahamut's seven super-Ancient Gold Dragons that polymorph themselves into canaries when they accompany Bahamut while he is manifested in his humanoid form.

Also, they fly around Tails when he grabs 7 Super Emeralds, 50 rings, and tries to fly. :smalltongue:

Random NPC
2009-08-25, 08:33 PM
It's about Bahamut's seven super-Ancient Gold Dragons that polymorph themselves into canaries when they accompany Bahamut while he is manifested in his humanoid form.

Also, they fly around Tails when he grabs 7 Super Emeralds, 50 rings, and tries to fly. :smalltongue:

I found the whole idea of the 7 ancient gold dragons fascinating. It's so epic. Bahamut is a man, and the strongest dragons are mere canaries in his presence. Talk about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Mando Knight
2009-08-25, 09:31 PM
I found the whole idea of the 7 ancient gold dragons fascinating. It's so epic. Bahamut is a man, and the strongest dragons are mere canaries in his presence. Talk about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

An old man in a gray cloak is sitting alone on a park bench, feeding some yellow songbirds.

Talk
Pick Pocket
Attack

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-08-26, 12:02 AM
DDI subscribers can see the article here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090824).

Basically, it's a nice set of options available to characters that worship Bahamut, including a Paragon Path and Epic Destiny, as well as unique multiclass feats that allow access to different powers.

It also has a feat that lets Dragonborn of divine classes add LAZ0R to their breath.

As one could probably tell by my avatar, I like this article. I'm also interested in seeing what they'll do for the other PHB deities.

I love it too! Shame that the campaign I'm hoping to join doesn't have Bahamut in it. :smallfrown:

FoE
2009-08-26, 12:30 AM
For evil PCs in the old days of 1E, Bahamut was the Good-aligned version of "Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies". Because what Chaotic Stupid character is going to pass up the chance to rob and murder the little old man on the road with the little birds flitting about his head?

Colmarr
2009-08-26, 07:14 AM

I hesitate to ask given the already existing replies to this question, but...

What?

Myshlaevsky
2009-08-26, 07:16 AM
I hesitate to ask given the already existing replies to this question, but...

What?

The quest to upgrade your class in the original Final Fantasy game required bringing a rat's tail to Bahamut. From the reactions in this thread I'm guessing 8-Bit Theatre has done a squicky arc based on that part.

quick_comment
2009-08-26, 07:19 AM
The quest to upgrade your class in the original Final Fantasy game required bringing a rat's tail to Bahamut. From the reactions in this thread I'm guessing 8-Bit Theatre has done a squicky arc based on that part.

It involves the origin of earthquakes.

FoE
2009-08-26, 11:10 AM
It involves the origin of earthquakes.

Oh gods, now I'm vomiting out things I haven't eaten yet.