PDA

View Full Version : AI in the Playground 2009

Athaniar
2009-08-25, 03:50 PM
We Playgrounders have voted for women, villains, villainous organizations, and probably some more things, and now it's time for the machines to enter the spotlight. Nominate five of your favorite AIs, and then we'll vote for them. The nominees must be mechanical entities (i.e. created, not born) capable of independent thought. If the nominee is part of a series, there must be some aspect that separates it from its brethren.

I'll start by nominating the following (please use the same format as my nominations for your own):

HK-47 (Star Wars)
Bender (Futurama)
The Lord of Blades (Eberron)
Data (Star Trek)
K-9 (Doctor Who)

Nominees (60 and counting):

A
Aigis (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3)
Aineko (Accelerando)
Amazon Femputer/Fembot (Futurama)
Antrax (The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara)

B
Bender (Futurama)
Bob (Tripping the Rift)
Boxbot (Gunnerkrigg Court)

C
Castle Hetrodyne (Girl Genius)
Cell (DBZ)
Church (Red Vs. Blue)
Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
"The computer that ran the city" (Logan's Run)

D
Daedalus (Deus Ex)
Data (Star Trek)
Deep Blue (Real Life)
Dingbot Prime (Girl Genius)
The Doctor (Star Trek)
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)
Durandal (Marathon)

E
EPICAC (EPICAC)

F
Friend Computer (Alpha Complex, Paranoia)

G
Gary (Red vs Blue)
Gerty (Moon)
GLaDOS (Portal)

H
HAL 9000 (2001)
The Hendrix Hotel (Altered Carbon)
HK-47 (Star Wars)
Holly (Red Dwarf)

I
The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)

J
Jane (Ender's Game)
Joshua/WOPR (WarGames)

K
K-9 (Doctor Who)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Kryten 2X4B-523P (Red Dwarf)

L
Leela (Marathon)
Lopez (Red vs Blue)
Lore (Star Trek)

M
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy)
Masaq' Hub (Look to Windward)
Master Control Program (Tron)
Agent Smith (The Matrix)
Mega Man (Mega Man)
MGP (Tron)
Moriarty (Star Trek)
Mycroft Holmes (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)

O
Optimus Prime (Transformers)

P
Petey (Schlock Mercenary)

R
R2-D2 (Star Wars)
R. Daneel Olivaw (Asimov)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O)
Robo (Chrono Trigger)
Robot (Gunnerkrigg Court)
Robot Devil (Futurama)
Rommie (Andromeda)

S
Sharon Apple (Macross Plus)
Shodan (System Shock)
Skynet (Terminator)

W
Winslow (Questionable Content)
Wintermute (Neuromancer)

kamikasei
2009-08-25, 04:08 PM
HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey, also its sequel 2010: The Year We Make Contact)
Gerty (Moon)
Aineko (Accelerando)

Deliberately picking obscure ones here, though many may have seen Moon. HAL is hardly obscure, but too few people realize that he's a tragic and sympathetic character, hence my inclusion of his second credit.

Also! Can we clarify this now please? What do we mean by "favourite"? The one we think is the best character as a work of fiction? The one we like the most as a character, even if not the best written? The one we like the most as a person, which is to say, not the total bastards who you admire even while you hate them?

Zevox
2009-08-25, 04:56 PM
Artoo/R2-D2 (Star Wars)
http://goremasternews.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/r2-d2.jpg
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/playstation2/xenosaga/x_screen011.jpg
http://ui28.gamefaqs.com/731/gfs_99998_1_1.jpg
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/art/p3-aigis1.jpg
Robo (Chrono Trigger)
http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/08/ct-robo1.jpg
Mega Man (His own series)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GkaQs6LBw-U/SWkZsWmuupI/AAAAAAAAAJs/RmEqMEhUgGA/s400/300px-MegamanMM&B.jpg

I initially thought I could nominate Junior/Rubedo from Xenosaga, but then I remembered that he was genetically engineered, not a Realian. Oh well, KOS-MOS will have to do in his place, then.

Zevox

Kane
2009-08-25, 04:59 PM
Mycroft Holmes of The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. That is all.

lisiecki
2009-08-25, 05:01 PM
Wintermute

Wintermute was freaking creepy

LordZarth
2009-08-25, 05:02 PM
GLADOS (Portal)

TheLogman
2009-08-25, 05:11 PM
"The Doctor" (Star Trek Voyager)

chiasaur11
2009-08-25, 05:15 PM
Dur-Dur-Dur-Durandal.

He ain't no slouch, pal.

We're talking a guy who, entirely on his own steam, goes from door opener to god, makes Destiny his errand boy, and turns an ancient AI into a pawn.

And he does it all with style and a heck of a sense of humor.

shadowxknight
2009-08-25, 05:27 PM
Skynet (Terminator Series)

Fri
2009-08-25, 05:28 PM
Since you're nominating Durandal (Marathon) I must nominate

Leela (Marathon)
Shodan (System Shock)
Daedalus (Deus Ex)

Will nominate more later. Some AI from Culture Series MUST BE NOMINATED HERE.

kamikasei
2009-08-25, 05:33 PM

See Masaq' Hub, in my post.

chiasaur11
2009-08-25, 05:37 PM
Since you're nominating Durandal (Marathon) I must nominate

Leela (Marathon)
Shodan (System Shock)
Daedalus (Deus Ex)

No courtesy to he who rhymes with psycho?

Sure, he went down like a punk, but he was up against Durandal, and that makes going down like a punk inevitable.

Just curious as to the reasoning.

And I'll add Marvin to the stack.

He's wonderfully depressed.

Thufir
2009-08-25, 05:41 PM
Holly (Red Dwarf)
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Fri
2009-08-25, 05:49 PM
No courtesy to he who rhymes with psycho?

Sure, he went down like a punk, but he was up against Durandal, and that makes going down like a punk inevitable.

Just curious as to the reasoning.

And I'll add Marvin to the stack.

He's wonderfully depressed.

Note that I also didn't nominate Icarus from Deus Ex :p

As the op said, this is a nomination for 'favourite' AIs

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-25, 05:54 PM
Petey (and by extention, the fleetmind) - Schlock Mercinary. Power of a god, most massive mind ever known, unwaveringly moral.
Winslow - Questionable Content. I don't like Pintsize too much, but the more innocent and trusting Winslow is just adorable.
Castle Hetrodyne - Girl Genius. OK, bit left field I know as it is a creation of Steampunk but it IS an Artificial Intelligence.
Robot - Gunnerkrigg Court. Re-assembled by Antimony to get Shadow2 back to the forest, Robot's history seems to be as much a mystery as the rest of the comic.
Boxbot - Gunnerkrigg Court. Boxbot is awful. Let this be confrimed when he looses.

chiasaur11
2009-08-25, 05:57 PM
Note that I also didn't nominate Icarus from Deus Ex :p

As the op said, this is a nomination for 'favourite' AIs

True.

And Tycho is a massive $&*#.

Of course, I know I will be inevitably disappointed when Durandal gets the axe due to limited cultural penetration and a nagging feeling I could have done more on an informational front.

zillion ninjas
2009-08-25, 06:49 PM
Castle Heterodyne - Girl Genius. OK, bit left field I know as it is a creation of Steampunk but it IS an Artificial Intelligence

I heartily endorse this nomination, but you forgot someone:
- He's the R2D2 of steampunk. He's small, he can't talk, he can fix anything, and the fans love 'im to death.

Also:
Joshua/WOPR (WarGames)
- "How about a nice game of... chess?"

Edit Also:
- The Darth Vader of operating systems [insert Microsoft joke here]

R. Daneel Olivaw (various Asimov stories)
- Like Star Trek's Data, but with nice hair. And he's a detective. The really awesome stuff is spoilers.

- "I've got it! We'll take a creepy Gothic loli... put her in a noir setting... and turn her into a robot!" "Perfect!!!"

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-25, 07:06 PM
I heartily endorse this nomination, but you forgot someone:

I only had 5 nominations.

zillion ninjas
2009-08-25, 07:28 PM
Hmm? *checks OP*

Well, huh. If ever there was a rule meant to be broken, that's the one. Now I need at least four more nominations to pad mine out. :smallamused:

To continue on:
Master Control Program (Tron) Moved to my earlier post for easy viewing.

BTW, just how "mechanical" do these have to be? How about beings that are organic, but still artificial? Like the replicants from Blade Runner, or Frankenstein's monster? Is an artificial mind the key point here?

chiasaur11
2009-08-25, 09:23 PM
Almost forgot one.

Church, from Red Vs. Blue.

If he isn't a ghost.

Ditto
2009-08-25, 09:27 PM
I was just going to put in Gary and Lopez from Red vs Blue.

grolim
2009-08-25, 10:42 PM
Moriarty from ST:TNG

Rommie from Andromeda

Bob, ship's AI from Tripping the Rift

Not sure if it had a name, but the computer that ran the city in Logan's Run.

And for the last one let's go way back to the MGP from Tron.

Icewalker
2009-08-25, 11:39 PM
Deep Blue (...reality :smalltongue: )
Jane (Ender's Game)
EPICAC (the story EPICAC in Welcome to the Monkey House)
Femputer (Futurama [Amazon Women in the Mood])

I'm really surprised I managed to come up with 5 additional AIs which are all awesome which hadn't been mentioned!

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-25, 11:57 PM
Almost everyone I wanted to nominate has been so already, though I'm not counting programs made fleshy through Anime MagicTM or wet brains in robot bodies for obvious reasons.

Still missing one, though.

Agent Smith from The Matrix - the only person consistently awesome through all three movies, and a hell of a villain.

zillion ninjas
2009-08-26, 01:14 AM
Femputer (Futurama [Amazon Women in the Mood])!

But that's not a Femputer! It's a Fem-bot! :smalltongue: With Bea Arthur's voice, no less!

factotum
2009-08-26, 01:23 AM
Pretty much all the ones I would have nominated have already been listed, so I'll just add one more to the fray:

Ganurath
2009-08-26, 02:02 AM
Robot Devil (Futurama)
The Iron Giant (His Own Movie)
Seconding HK-47
Seconding Castle Heterodyne
Lore (Star Trek TNG)

Athaniar
2009-08-26, 02:45 AM
Also! Can we clarify this now please? What do we mean by "favourite"? The one we think is the best character as a work of fiction? The one we like the most as a character, even if not the best written? The one we like the most as a person, which is to say, not the total bastards who you admire even while you hate them?
That was just flavor. You can nominate five AIs that you absolutely loathe if that is what you want.

BTW, just how "mechanical" do these have to be? How about beings that are organic, but still artificial? Like the replicants from Blade Runner, or Frankenstein's monster? Is an artificial mind the key point here?
I was thinking more mechanical parts here, but you can stretch the definition if you want to. Any AI is fine, really.

kpenguin
2009-08-26, 02:51 AM
Well, if you're talking mechanical parts, then does the Lord of Blades really count? I mean, warforged are not much mechanical so much as magical.

Eloel
2009-08-26, 03:40 AM
Since many of what I'd nominate is already nominated;

Pokedex (guess what, from Pokemon.)

Yep, I actually liked it.

Edit:

How could I forget him.

Shadow the Hedgehog!

Athaniar
2009-08-26, 04:01 AM
Well, if you're talking mechanical parts, then does the Lord of Blades really count? I mean, warforged are not much mechanical so much as magical.
As long as it's artificial and intelligent, it's allowed. Most of what is filed under the construct type in D&D fits this contest.

Pokedex (guess what, from Pokemon.)

I'm not that into the Pokémon franchise, but are Pokédexes really capable of independent thought? And besides, you can only nominate unique beings, or "if the nominee is part of a series, there must be some aspect that separates it from its brethren."

Comet
2009-08-26, 04:57 AM
Sharon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Apple) Apple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGcKpT2UEU) (Macross Plus)

Soepvork
2009-08-26, 06:06 AM
I'd like to add the TARDIS (Doctor Who) and Antrax (The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara)

Edit: and how about Cell (DBZ)

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-26, 06:14 AM
Is the Tardis really an AI?

Soepvork
2009-08-26, 09:33 AM
I think they are, although I guess it's up to debate

Organic machines?

TARDISes were incredibly complex machines. The nature of their construction was such that they were said to be grown rather than constructed (DW: The Impossible Planet), thus simulating a biological process though it is not clear whether this is indicative of the machine being biological in nature or simply so intricate and complex as to appear to mimic the processes of a biological entity. Due to the level of complexity in their construction, TARDISes had a certain degree of sentience, and could take independent action, such as when the Doctor's TARDIS resurrected Grace and Chang Lee (DW: Doctor Who (1996)), or non-Time Lords looking into the heart of the TARDIS had varying results. (DW: Boom Town, The Parting of the Ways) Due to conflicting evidence from various sources, such as other Time Lords and the Doctor himself, it is unclear to what extent a TARDIS is alive, and whether that life extends beyond artificial sentience and into a biological existence.

TARDISes often "mourned" the death of their Time Lord pilots, even going so far as to commit suicide by flying into a sun or simply hurling themselves into the Time Vortex. The Fifth Doctor claimed there was "an elephants' graveyard" of TARDISes somewhere at the end of time. (BFA: Omega, The Axis of Insanity)

Because the TARDIS displayed these organic traits, the Doctor considered his TARDIS to be alive. He talked to and stroked parts of the TARDIS when he operated it. (DW: School Reunion) He diagnosed mechanical difficulties as medical conditions like "indigestion." (DW: The Runaway Bride) He once commented that a TARDIS was "more like a person." (DW: The Five Doctors) Even the Supreme Dalek invited the Doctor to "feel it die", when he believed he had successfully destroyed the TARDIS. (DW: Journey's End) In at least some situations, Time Lords could give up some of their life essence to power up a TARDIS. (DW: Rise of the Cybermen)

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Tardis

Zevox
2009-08-26, 01:41 PM
How could I forget him.

Shadow the Hedgehog!
Er, Shadow isn't a machine, or an AI. He's just a living creature who was bio-engineered rather than born the conventional way.

On the other hand, if the contest organizer is willing to allow him, I can change my nominations to include Junior/Rubedo...

Zevox

chiasaur11
2009-08-26, 01:48 PM
Er, Shadow isn't a machine, or an AI. He's just a living creature who was bio-engineered rather than born the conventional way.

On the other hand, if the contest organizer is willing to allow him, I can change my nominations to include Junior/Rubedo...

Zevox

If we let him in, what few limits were on this one go poof and it kinda becomes "nominate a character".

Of course, I tend to not let anything with a body into AI fights, so I may be stricter than most.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-26, 01:55 PM

The DOGGY, I mean Bowmans Wolves, (http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Bowman's_Wolf) of Freefall (http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Freefall)are considered, at least in universe, to be AI. Life in general is a machine, just one that's made out of meat.

chiasaur11
2009-08-26, 01:58 PM
The DOGGY, I mean Bowmans Wolves, (http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Bowman's_Wolf) of Freefall are considered, at least in universe, to be AI. Life in general is a machine, just one that's made out of meat.

Which kinda defeats the whole point of the thread.

I mean, that definition would make Sam Vimes an AI, as Discworld was created by a creator.

It would also make every single person on Earth through the present an AI fit for voting, as in multiple Fi-Sci novels humanity is intentionally created by aliens.

Which, as said above, makes the whole thread so non specific as to be no different from "Favorite fictional character".

And that's been done.

Athaniar
2009-08-26, 02:10 PM
You know, this concept seemed so straightforward when I first thought of it...

Ravens_cry
2009-08-26, 02:43 PM
Which kinda defeats the whole point of the thread.

I mean, that definition would make Sam Vimes an AI, as Discworld was created by a creator.

It would also make every single person on Earth through the present an AI fit for voting, as in multiple Fi-Sci novels humanity is intentionally created by aliens.

Which, as said above, makes the whole thread so non specific as to be no different from "Favorite fictional character".

And that's been done.
On the other hand, Bowman's wolves are intentionally created creatures, given sapiance specifically, as well as other changes, in the reletivly recent past of that 'verse. Humans may very well be AI in a universe where they were created by aliens, and so specific examples from those stories might very well fact be acceptable. That doesn't mean any human would be, just ones from such a 'verse. Another borderline case would be carbosilicate amorphs, such as Schlock of Schlock Mercenary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlock_Mercenary). Like alien created humans, their creation occurred in the distant past, though they evolved from their original form. There are still living witnesses in that universe.

Stormthorn
2009-08-26, 03:12 PM
I think someone already got Smith and Sharon so....

343 Guilty Spark (Halo)
Sovereign (Mass Effect)
Gigolo Joe (AI)
Mack (Halo: Contant Harvest)
Chesty the Chest (Fable 2)

I dont know if Chesty or Sovereign count tho since its possible that neither of them where actualy built by anyone.

The Demented One
2009-08-26, 03:15 PM
Bender (Futurama)
The TARDIS (Doctor Who)
I AM (Exalted)
Jane (Ender's)
Glados (Portal)

Stormthorn
2009-08-26, 03:16 PM
Bender (Futurama)
The TARDIS (Doctor Who)
I AM (Exalted)
Jane (Ender's)
Glados (Portal)

I think at least 2 of those are already nominated.
In fact, the OP itself nominated Bender.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-26, 03:17 PM
I think that we should have a no for geneticly enginered lifeforms like shadow (as this is normal life, tweaked by a creator) and a yes for living machines like The TARDIS (as this is made from the ground up by the creator).

Shorter version, to qualify you need to be totaly made by a creator, not tweaked.

Soepvork
2009-08-26, 04:37 PM
I have a few more to add (I only checked the OP's list, so forgive me if they have already been mentioned):

Adam (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)http://is3.okcupid.com/users/104/656/10465692962375378952/mt1123888912.jpg
The Terminatrix (Terminator)http://www.ugo.com/movies/top-50-hottest-sci-fi-girls/images/entries/the-terminatrix.jpg
KITT (Knight Rider) http://www.mindz.com/images/autofreak/KITT_oud.jpg
Seth (Street Fighter) http://capcom-town.es/__oneclick_uploads/2008/05/seth.jpg
And, for the nostalgic Europeans: RD008 and RC011 (Probotector) (I even had to wiki their names :))http://www.vgmastersclub.com/roms/nes/Probotector.jpg

Mr. Mud
2009-08-26, 04:38 PM
+1 For HK-47! :smallbiggrin:

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-26, 04:43 PM
+1 For HK-47! :smallbiggrin:Um, this is NOMINATION, not voting. He could get +914,876 and still only get nominated once.

Verruckt
2009-08-26, 04:46 PM
I'd like to nominate 2501 from the first Ghost in the Shell movie. It's a /true/ AI, not so much created as self substantiated through random collision of code. It is also to my knowledge one of the first mentions of the idea of a man/machine gestalt in media, a concept I find intriguing as hell. I'm not sure if I could then nominate the Major/2501 hybrid that results, because while it is for all intents and purposes a different being I'm not sure that it's stricly an AI anymore.

Also, why the heck is Cortana not on this list yet?

Trazoi
2009-08-26, 04:50 PM
Can I nominate the ELIZA chatbot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA) as an example of a semi-famous real AI? It sort of fails on the "can think independently" scale, but it could fool someone for a little while. :smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2009-08-26, 05:01 PM
How have we gotten this far without mentioning

Cortana (Halo)

?

nanobot_swarm
2009-08-26, 07:25 PM
To complement Daedulus from Deus Ex, I shall nominate Icarus, as well as Morpheus
You rarely encountered Icarus, but everytime he spoke to you, you felt his malevolance. The best encounter with him is definately the phone call he sends your way.
Morpheus offered a very interesting conversation in the game, and his avatar was neat too

Ravens_cry
2009-08-26, 08:01 PM
Can I nominate the ELIZA chatbot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA) as an example of a semi-famous real AI? It sort of fails on the "can think independently" scale, but it could fool someone for a little while. :smallwink:
You mean, *sniff* ELIZA doesn't really love me?:smallfrown: She doesn't really want to know how 'bagles make me feel'?
MY LIFE IS A LIE!

The Demented One
2009-08-26, 08:05 PM
I think at least 2 of those are already nominated.
In fact, the OP itself nominated Bender.
Ah. Misunderstood the voting/nomination aspect. In that case, magic retcon!

I AM (Exalted)
Evangelion 01 (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Number Six (Battlestar Galactica)
Pintsize (Questionable Content)
Mew Cai (Keychain of Creation)

Stormthorn
2009-08-26, 09:41 PM
I'd like to nominate 2501 from the first Ghost in the Shell movie. It's a /true/ AI, not so much created as self substantiated through random collision of code. It is also to my knowledge one of the first mentions of the idea of a man/machine gestalt in media, a concept I find intriguing as hell. I'm not sure if I could then nominate the Major/2501 hybrid that results, because while it is for all intents and purposes a different being I'm not sure that it's stricly an AI anymore.

Also, why the heck is Cortana not on this list yet?

I didnt nominate Cortana because i already had two Haloverse AIs in mine. Halo has LOOOOTS of AIs. Off the top of my head... Guilty Spark, Repentant Tangent, Mendicant Bias, Loki, Mack, Sif, Cortana, Jerrod, Deja, Beowulf, Deep Winter, and Eternal Spring.

Mack, Jerrod, and 343 being the coolest of them.

True randomly evolved AIs? Sovereign probably counts then. And the Geth, as they werent intended to be self aware. I guess that makes Jerrod a borderline case as he was intended to be a smart AI but it was expected he would die after a few microseconds and he stabalized on his own.

kpenguin
2009-08-26, 09:58 PM
As long as it's artificial and intelligent, it's allowed. Most of what is filed under the construct type in D&D fits this contest

How are we defining "artificial" or "intelligent"? Man-made and sapient?

Verruckt
2009-08-26, 11:55 PM
I didnt nominate Cortana because i already had two Haloverse AIs in mine. Halo has LOOOOTS of AIs. Off the top of my head... Guilty Spark, Repentant Tangent, Mendicant Bias, Loki, Mack, Sif, Cortana, Jerrod, Deja, Beowulf, Deep Winter, and Eternal Spring.

Mack, Jerrod, and 343 being the coolest of them.

True randomly evolved AIs? Sovereign probably counts then. And the Geth, as they werent intended to be self aware. I guess that makes Jerrod a borderline case as he was intended to be a smart AI but it was expected he would die after a few microseconds and he stabalized on his own.

Oh yes! How could I have forgotten, Sovereign really belongs on this list. It simply radiated a malevolent alien attitude and deemed you utterly beneath its notice.

chiasaur11
2009-08-27, 12:01 AM
How are we defining "artificial" or "intelligent"? Man-made and sapient?

I'd say mechanical and sapient would be a tad closer to the standard definition.

Fri
2009-08-27, 01:35 AM
I'd like to nominate Lopez from Chiasaur's X-Com Lp, but sigh...

Jahkaivah
2009-08-27, 05:55 AM
Yuki Nagato from (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) She kinda passes, doesn't she? :smallconfused:
Anghammarad (Discworld)

nonbeliever93
2009-08-27, 06:13 AM
Buffybot (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

She's made of lol and Sarah Michelle Gellar played her hilariously. "Would you like to ravage me now?" Plus her POV shots with the little character profiles were brilliant.

Finn Solomon
2009-08-27, 06:52 AM
Futurama's Bender!

Violet Octopus
2009-08-27, 08:40 AM
ADA (Zone of the Enders)
Cameron (Terminator)
C-3PO (Darths and Droids version)

Neko Toast
2009-08-27, 08:59 AM
Pino from Ergo Proxy
http://www.stjernstedt.net/screens/ergoproxy/PoutingPino.jpg

zillion ninjas
2009-08-27, 04:52 PM
Soooo many good choices. I now regret submitting all five of mine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6797213&postcount=17) on the first day of nominations, because I keep thinking of more and more good ones...

Would anyone mind if a throw a couple more into the thread as "suggestions"? And if someone else thinks they're worthy, maybe they can nominate them?

Spoilered, so Xavius can ignore these until someone else "adopts" them:
Canti (FLCL)
- He cleans, he goes grocery shopping, he eats the protagonist and shoots him like a bazooka, he's worshiped by a weird homeless girl, and he channels the Pirate King Atomsk. Another great product by the Medico Mechanico Corporation.

Box (Logan's Run)
- "Overwhelming, am I not?" Box knows that you are what you eat.

Dienekes
2009-08-27, 05:48 PM
The Companion Cube

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-27, 06:03 PM
The Companion Cubeis not alive and is incapable of though.

chiasaur11
2009-08-27, 06:11 PM
is not alive and is incapable of though.

Sure.

And it won't threaten to stab you. Of course.

Jahkaivah
2009-08-27, 06:13 PM
Another one: Hex (Discworld)

Sure.

And it won't threaten to stab you. Of course.

It in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

kpenguin
2009-08-27, 06:40 PM
I'd say mechanical and sapient would be a tad closer to the standard definition.

I would think that most AIs are electronic and not mechanical, though their bodies may have mechanical parts.

is not alive and is incapable of though.

Wait, we're talking artificial life now?

Dienekes
2009-08-27, 11:53 PM
It was a semi-joke response granted.

But, I'm pretty sure we're not talking about life, it was intelligence.

And I'm basing this on the assumption that the companion cube was in fact an AI, since we are told that it is, numerously.

It's even disposed in the artificial intelligence incinerator.

druid91
2009-08-28, 08:02 AM
I'd adopt the suggestion for canti (flcl) I'd almost forgotten about him.

Edit: sorry I didn't see the others post with guilty spark in it.

Kris Strife
2009-08-28, 09:39 AM
Since someone nominated Cell, who I think has since been disqualified I'm going to nominate Android #16, also from DBZ.

Also, Thursday, the Multi-Purpose Super Robot from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Kane
2009-08-28, 09:40 AM
CABAL (Command and Conquer.)
(I believe there's even some sword-and-magic type game they made quite a long time ago that involved going through magic portals, and the final boss type one dropped you at a derelict Hand of Nod in the middle of a wasteland. You went in, fought the 'wizard' who controlled the gun turrets, and taunted you for being a weak flesh-bag and...)

Zax of Fallout 1. I'm sure he'll get no votes whatsoever, but he was cool, and fun to play chess with.

Pick a Bolo. Any Bolo.

That's 4/5 for me...

Kato
2009-08-28, 01:49 PM
I'd also like to request removing that Cell entry from the nominees...

Also for th sake of it I feel the need to nominate some Gundam characters.
Haro (Gundam V)
Haro (Gundam 00)
If we include androids I guess innovades are fine as well:
Tieria (Gundam 00)
Ribbons (Gundam 00)

And... my lat vote... hm... Wow, I really suck at remembering great characters...
Is the Colonel from MGS 2 alright? Okay, probably better the Patriots LaLiLuLeLo since they were behind it.. I'm unsure...

kopout
2009-08-28, 05:32 PM
GLaDos. I'm the first to post her and I never played the game.

Stormthorn
2009-08-28, 07:45 PM
GLaDos. I'm the first to post her and I never played the game.

Actualy the #6 reply posted her. And only her.

Kane
2009-08-28, 07:54 PM
Oh, I forgot one;
http://www.colddrake.com/images/wl-portfolio.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ZVN2Z2uzo)
Blaine the Train,
He's not crazy, just insane,
The one, the one, the godlike Terror Train,
Blaine the Train is a hell of a pain.

Hylleddin
2009-08-30, 02:45 AM
Multivac/Microvac/AC from "The Last Question."

I find it amusing that the AIs in Halo were nominated after the ones in Red vs Blue and that Cortana was nominated last.

DanielX
2009-08-30, 06:21 PM
Ping (Megatokyo) - How could she not be here?
Eve (Applegeeks) - Just make sure she doesn't find out I prefer Linux over Mac...
Moxana, the Muse of Mystery (Girl Genius) - A shame the real Van Rijn stuck to painting and etching rather than branch out into clanks...
Dorfl (Discworld) - hey, golems are basically the magical equivalent of robots...and Hex was already nominated.
And if Eliza counts as an AI chatbot, then Elbot (a more recent and slightly more advanced 'bot, at least he feigns personality a bit) should count as well.

It doesn't matter anyway, but I second Hex, Data, and about half the other nominations.

zillion ninjas
2009-08-30, 11:00 PM
I'd adopt the suggestion for canti (flcl) I'd almost forgotten about him.

'Preciate it. *nod*

Multivac/Microvac/AC from "The Last Question."

Nice. But weren't those all separate computers? Each generation was a technological "descendent" of the previous one.

("Analog Computer". :smallamused: The power of hindsight... But we're not done inventing yet, I suppose...)

Moxana, the Muse of Mystery (Girl Genius) - A shame the real Van Rijn stuck to painting and etching rather than branch out into clanks...

:smallsigh: I can't believe I didn't think of the Muses myself... It's like I said - there's just way too many good choices here.

Alteran
2009-08-30, 11:14 PM
Carl (Penny Arcade)
C-3PO (Star Wars)
Fifth (Stargate SG-1)
RepliCarter (Stargate SG-1)

Fri
2009-08-30, 11:29 PM
Jarvis from the Iron Man movie.

C.H.A.S from Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles

Shadow_Elf
2009-08-31, 01:35 AM
Megatron (Transformers) - because Optimus Prime is on the list
Unicron (Transformers) - because it eats planets for breakfast
Khazid'hea (Legend of Drizz't) - hey, no one said it had to be a high-tech/futuristic AI! I hope magical counts. Sadistic swords are awesome in my books.

Now, some ones I am not sure will count:
General Grievous (Star Wars) - he'd technically got a biological brain, but he IS a robot. With plasma swords.
Seven of Nine (Star Trek) - again, I think her mind is technically biological, but she's an android, and she tends to over-think things logically like an AI would do.

EleventhHour
2009-08-31, 02:03 AM
GLaDoS
Waspinator
Megatron
Hot Shot
HAL
Cheetor
Phong

Remmirath
2009-08-31, 02:34 AM
I'm not completely sure if the first two count. Still, if they happen to, I'd certainly want to nominate them. They might. I'm not counting on it.

Xan Kriegor (Unreal Tournament)

Xan Kriegor: Presumably human, but permanently encased in cybernetic armour, Xan was the ultimate champion of the original Unreal Tournament, whom the player had to defeat to complete that game's single-player element. Although defeated as champion, he nevertheless returned as a formidable high-ranking foe in Unreal Tournament 2004, and leader of a team of entirely cybernetic fighters. In the original Unreal Tournament his character had its own unique voice set, which included such phrases as "I am the Alpha and the Omega", said in a robotic, distorted voice. His original identity being unknown, it is said that he may be a human, but also a Skaarj, an entirely Robotic Warrior, or even the Leader of the Liandri. According to information on the old homesite of the series, Xan was the leader of the Robot Uprising on LBX-7683. After his capture by Liandri forces, he was reformatted several times until he accepted the new programming, along with a group of other robots which would later form Liandri's team, The Corrupt.

Professor Honeycutt (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Professor Honeycutt was a human scientist that developed a teleporter and debuted in the spinoff (set between issue 4 and 5 of the comic series) "Fugitoid" from 1985 of the original TMNT comic book. Because of his invention, the Triceratons captured him and ordered him to build teleporters for Triceraton war usage. He refused, and in an attempt to escape from the Triceratons, his invention caused his brain to be transported into a nearby robot. Therefore, to the Triceratons he was known as "the Fugitoid." While escaping, he met the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and befriended them.

The Kernel (Tron 2.0)

Robby the Robot (Forbidden Planet)

Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still)

Blackjackg
2009-09-02, 04:29 PM
Still in nominations?

I'll throw in Johnny Five! (from the Short Circuit dyad).

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2008/04/johnny5.jpg

Whether he's escaping from robot-hunting death squads or helping his hapless Indian-American friend find love, this input-hungry robot always knows how to keep cool.

Dancing_Zephyr
2009-09-02, 10:41 PM
Deep Thought (HGttG)
Neuromancer (Neuromancer)
Megatron (Transformers)
IG-88/Deathstar 2 (Star Wars)
The Hiding Robot (Little Lost Robot)

Also Agent Smith is under the M for some reason.

MoonBeam
2009-09-05, 01:58 PM
Summer Glau Cameron Phillips (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)
- And yes, there is an aspect that separates her from her brethren, the other terminators. (If in doubts, read the spoiler at the bottom of this post. If you have never watched this awesome series but one day you may, DON'T DARE TO READ THE SPOILER!)
GLaDOS (Portal)
Pino (Ergo Proxy)
Bishop (Aliens)
David (A.I.)

In Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, a car explodes at the end of the first season with Cameron inside. She is broken since then and it affects her personality AI greatly throughout the rest of the series.

TengYt
2009-09-05, 03:52 PM
T-800 (Terminator)

Flame of Anor
2009-09-09, 04:12 PM
Der Maschinen-Mensch (Metropolis)
Galatea (Greek myth) (probably doesn't count, but what the heck)

Fri
2009-09-09, 04:32 PM
so.... when will the voting start?

Kato
2009-09-12, 05:25 AM
I kind of get the feeling the OP has abandoned us... Someone mind taking the staff to get the votings on or so...?

Kato
2009-09-13, 04:49 AM
Okay, since no one responded (-.-') I took it upon me to gather the nominees. Please note I took up about ANYONE including Cyborgs, and otherwise not qualifying one's, as well as characters appearing in one episode of a 20 minute series, if someone nominated them. I guess the first round of voting will sort them out properly.
I did not arrange any pairings so far. If you want me to, tell me, otherise someone else might do it just as well (Also, i was lazy and didn't really divide the Names from the series but I guess you can figure it out, if I have to make the groups I'll correct that.

2501 Ghost in the Shell
343 Giurlty Spark Halo
Aineko Accelerando
ADA Zone of the Enders
Adam Buffyverse
Algis Shin megami Tensei: Persona 3
Android 16 DBZ
Anghamarrad Discworld
Antrax TVofJS
Bender Futurama
Bishop Aliens
Bob Tripping the Rift
Bolo
Boxbot Gunnerkrig Court
Buffybot Buffyverse
CABAL C&C
Cameron Terminator
Canti FLCL
Castle hetrodyne Girl Genius
C-3PO Darths and Droids
Carl Penny Arcade
C-3PO Star Wars
Cell DBZ
Clank Ratchet and Clank
Chettor
CHAS Starship troopers: Roughneck Chronicles
Chesty the Chest Fable 2
Chuch Red vs Blue
Companion Cube
Cortana Halo
Daedalus Deus Ex
Data Star Trek
David AI
Deep Blue
Deep Thought Hitchhiker
Dingbot Prime Girl Genius
Doctor, The Star Trek
Dorffl Discworld
Durandal Marathon
Elbot
ELIZA Chatbot
EPICAC Welcome to the Monkey hotel
Evangelion 01 NGe
Eve Applegeeks
Femputer Futurama
Fifth Stargae
Friend Computer Alpha Complex, Paranoia
Galatea Greek Myth
Gary Red vs Blue
General Grievous Star Wars
Gerty Moon
GLADOS Portal
Hendrix Hotel Altered Carbon
Gigolo Joe AI
Gort The Day the Earth stood stillHAL 9000 2001
Haro Gundam V
Haro Gundam 00
Hex Discworld
Hiding Robot Little Lost Robot
HK-47 Star Wars
Holly Red Dwarf
Honeycut, Professor Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles
Hot Shot
I AM Exlated
Icrus Deus Ex
IG-88 Deathstar 2 Star Wars
Iron Giant, The
Jane Ender's Game
Jarvis Iron man
Johnny Five
Joshua/WOPR WarGames
K-9 Doctor Who
Kernel, The tron 2.0
Khazid'hea Legend of Drizz't
KITT Knight Rider
KOS-MOS Xenosaga
Kryten 2X4B-523P red Dwarf
Leela Marathon
Lopez Red vs Blue
Lord of Blades Eberron
Lore Star Trek
Mack Halo
Marvin Hitchkiker
Masaq Hub Look to Windward
MMadchinen-Mensch Metropolis
Master Control Program Tron
Megaman
Megatron Transformers
Mew Cal Kexchain of Creation
Morirty Star Trek
Morpheus Deus Ex
Moxana Girl Genius
Multivac/Microvac/AC The Last question
Mycroft Holmes The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Neuromancer
Number Six Battlestar Galactica
Optimus Prime Transformers
Patriots, The Metal Gear
Ping Megatokyo
Pino Ergo Proxy
Pintsize Questionable Content
Phong
Pokedex Pokemon
Petey Schlock mercenary
R2D2 Star Wars
RC 011 Probotector
RD008 Probotector
Replicarter Stargate
Ribbons Gundam 00
Robby the Robot Forbidden Planet
Robo Chrono Trigger
Robot Gunnerkrig Court
Robot Devil Futurama
Rommie Andromeda
R. Daneel olivaw Asimov-verse
R.Dorothy Wayneright Big O
Seth Street Fighter
Seven of Nine Star Trek
Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic
Sharon Apple Macross Plus
Shodan System Shock
Skynet (Terminator)
Smith, Agent Matrix
Sovereign Mass Effect
T-800 TerminatorTARDIS Who-verse
Terminatrix (Terminator)
Tieria Gundam 00
Thursdy Disgea
Unicron Transformers
Waspinator
Wintermute
Xan Kriegpr Unreal Tournmament
Yuki Nagato Haruhi Suzumiya
Zax Fallout
??? Logan's Run

Athaniar
2009-09-13, 09:47 AM
I'm still here and intending to run this my own way. I will sort the nominees myself.

However, it would be nice if someone made a list of all eligible nominees so that I can sort them properly. I've lost track of who meets the criteria and who doesn't.

Kato
2009-09-13, 12:28 PM
Sorry, didn't intend to take the thread away from you. *bows deeply*

Anyway, it's just my mere opnion but from those I picked up e.g. Seven of Nine is clearly not artificial, Cell, is rather a kind of mutant and therefore as much Artificial Intelligence as any living being. About the same for Shadow, I think. Pokedex... er... yeah, I guess it was a joke nomination, since it's about as sentient than a dictionary.
I'm not sure what the canon for Megaman is. Sometimes he wass aid to be Light's son turned robot which would make him a cyborg and not an android. Though, at iother times he i sid to be a genuine robot *shrug*

kopout
2009-09-13, 01:15 PM
Not if you watch the first Pikachu short. that is narated by the pokedex.

Athaniar
2009-09-13, 01:23 PM
It's good that you care about this thread. If you could try to make a list of those eligible based on what you know, I'd appreciate it. When in doubt, include the character.

Zevox
2009-09-13, 02:40 PM
However, it would be nice if someone made a list of all eligible nominees so that I can sort them properly. I've lost track of who meets the criteria and who doesn't.
What exactly is "the criteria" now, anyway? I don't think the whole question of whether bio-engineered beings counted or if this was going to be strictly machines was ever resolved.

Zevox

Athaniar
2009-09-13, 03:18 PM
Let's avoid the fleshy thingies.

zillion ninjas
2009-09-14, 12:58 AM
Absolutely. We're not like those disgusting biophiliacs (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0446.html). :smallamused:

Seriously though, I think it would make sense to limit this contest to non-organics, and then start another one later to cover the various bioengineering types - cyborgs, genetic mods, chimeras, etc.

Athaniar
2009-09-14, 02:43 AM
Agreed.
The white text also agrees.

kopout
2009-09-14, 11:20 AM
how do you feel about uploaded minds?

Drascin
2009-09-14, 11:38 AM
If Megaman counts, I have to nominate Zero. Mega is a better hero, but Zero is quite an interesting character in his own right. Zero series cemented a lot about him. And you gotta respect a robot who fights an almost hopeless war for centuries to save mankind despite technically having been made to be an Evil Killer Robot, and who lets himself be destroyed to kill the Big Bad, THRICE (and all three times with a very high chance he would never be able to be repaired. The first time, he was. The second, more or less, though with a lot of problems. The third... not so much. All streaks of heroic luck end sometime. You may have good plating and redundant memory storages, but being inside the proverbial Colony in a Colony Drop tends to render you completely beyond repair. Or existing beyond the atomic level).

Athaniar
2009-09-14, 03:47 PM
how do you feel about uploaded minds?

I'd rather not incude them. It's similar to the cyborg issue.

Kato
2009-09-27, 01:26 PM
*scratch*
It's not that I want to hurry anyone but... when will the voting begin? I know we still have issues on who should be nominated and who not but either Lord Xavius just makes a clear decisions and sorts the failures out or we let the votes sort them out. I guess those false nominees woll be eliminated by the people knowing they don't fit...
(again, i don't want to hurry anyone, I'm just curious and would like to start voting)

TheBST
2009-09-27, 04:19 PM
AM from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Hey, it wins, how many other AI can say that?

chiasaur11
2009-09-27, 04:31 PM
AM from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Hey, it wins, how many other AI can say that?

Dur-Dur-Dur-Durandal, for one.

And AM loses a bit. I mean, he wanted five subjects, and he ended the mess with one.

TheBST
2009-09-27, 04:36 PM
Still makes SKynet look like a complete wuss.

Athaniar
2009-09-28, 02:32 AM
I'll try to sort this out later today.

EDIT: Here's a preliminary list, please tell me if it looks correct:
1. 2501 ( Ghost in the Shell)
2. 343 Guilty Spark (Halo)
3. ADA (Zone of the Enders)
4. Adam (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)
5. Agent Smith (The Matrix)
6. Aigis (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3)
7. Aineko (Accelerando)
8. AM (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream)
9. Amazon Femputer/Fembot (Futurama)
10. Android #16 (DBZ)
11. Anghammarad (Discworld)
12. Antrax (The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara)
13. Bender (Futurama)
14. Bishop (Alien)
15. Blaine the Train
16. Bob (Tripping the Rift)
17. Box (Logan's Run)
18. Boxbot (Gunnerkrigg Court)
19. Buffybot (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
20. C-3PO (Star Wars)
21. CABAL (Command and Conquer)
22. Cameron (Terminator)
23. Canti (FLCL)
24. Carl (Penny Arcade)
25. Castle Hetrodyne (Girl Genius)
26. C.H.A.S (Starship Troopers)
27. Cheetor (Transformers)
28. Chesty the Chest (Fable)
29. Church (Red Vs. Blue)
30. Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
31. "The computer that ran the city" (Logan's Run)
32. Cortana (Halo)
33. Daedalus (Deus Ex)
34. Data (Star Trek)
35. David (AI)
36. Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
37. Dingbot Prime (Girl Genius)
38. The Doctor (Star Trek)
39. The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)
40. Dorfl (Discworld)
41. Durandal (Marathon)
42. EPICAC (EPICAC)
43. Eve (Applegeeks)
44. Fifth (Stargate SG-1)
45. Friend Computer (Alpha Complex, Paranoia)
46. Galatea (Greek myth)
47. Gary (Red vs Blue)
48. Gerty (Moon)
49. Giant Robo (Giant Robo)
50. Gigolo Joe (AI)
51. GLaDOS (Portal)
52. Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still)
53. HAL 9000 (2001)
54. Haro (Gundam 00)
55. Haro (Gundam V)
56. The Hendrix Hotel (Altered Carbon)
57. Hex (Discworld)
58. The Hiding Robot (Little Lost Robot)
59. HK-47 (Star Wars)
60. Holly (Red Dwarf)
61. Hot Shot (Transformers)
62. I AM (Exalted)
63. Icarus (Deus Ex)
64. IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)
65. The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)
66. Jane (Ender's Game)
67. Jarvis (Iron Man)
68. Johnny Five! (Short Circuit)
69. Joshua/WOPR (WarGames)
70. K-9 (Doctor Who)
71. The Kernel (Tron 2.0)
72. Khazid'hea (Forgotten Realms)
73. KITT (Knight Rider)
74. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
75. Kryten 2X4B-523P (Red Dwarf)
76. Leela (Marathon)
77. Lopez (Red vs Blue)
78. The Lord of Blades (Eberron)
79. Lore (Star Trek)
80. Mack (Halo)
81. Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy)
82. Masaq' Hub (Look to Windward)
83. Der Maschinen-Mensch (Metropolis)
84. Master Control Program (Tron)
85. Mega Man (Mega Man)
86. Megatron (Transformers)
87. Mew Cai (Keychain of Creation)
88. Moriarty (Star Trek)
89. Morpheus (Deus Ex)
90. Moxana (Girl Genius)
91. Multivac/Microvac/AC (The Last Question)
92. Mycroft Holmes (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
93. Neuromancer (Neuromancer)
94. Number Six (Battlestar Galactica)
95. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
96. Petey (Schlock Mercenary)
97. Ping (Megatokyo)
98. Pino (Ergo Proxy)
99. Pintsize (Questionable Content)
100. R2-D2 (Star Wars)
101. RC011 (Probotector)
102. RD008 (Probotector)
103. R. Daneel Olivaw (Asimov)
104. R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O)
105. RepliCarter (Stargate SG-1)
106. Ribbons (Gundam 00)
107. Robby the Robot (Forbidden Planet)
108. Robo (Chrono Trigger)
109. Robot (Gunnerkrigg Court)
110. Robot Devil (Futurama)
111. Robot Santa (Futurama)
112. Rommie (Andromeda)
113. Sharon Apple (Macross Plus)
114. Sheila (Red vs. Blue)
115. Shodan (System Shock)
116. Skynet (Terminator)
117. Sovereign (Mass Effect)
118. Starscream (Transformers)
119. The Terminatrix (Terminator)
120. Thursday (Disgaea)
121. Tieria (Gundam 00)
122. Unicron (Transformers)
123. Waspinator (Transformers)
124. Winslow (Questionable Content)
125. Wintermute (Neuromancer)
126. Zax (Fallout)
127. Zero (Mega Man)
128. WOTAN (Doctor Who)

If it is correct, I'll need 7 more nominations (I have some if you people can't come up with any more). Also, a good randomization device.

turkishproverb
2009-09-29, 11:43 PM
My five? Robot Santa (Futurama)
...How was he not on this list? "I perform over fifty megachecks persecond!
Starscream (Transformers)
If we're bringing the TF's into this, lets go with the most ambitious AI in the group, shall we?
Giant Robo (...Giant Robo)
A robot with heart and muscle.
Sheila (Red vs. Blue)
A tank with attitude issues. Need I say more?
WOTAN (Doctor who)
Sentient Humanity killing networked supercomputer that has its own mind control and military drones. In a show made in 1966. Doctor Who beats Terminator by over a decade.

Kato
2009-09-30, 03:54 AM
Hey where did poor little Haro go? ^^' (Not that he'd won anyway but... aw)
Otherwise as far as I know the characters it looks fine. At least none which are no AI as far as I know.

Athaniar
2009-09-30, 04:40 AM
My five? Robot Santa (Futurama)
...How was he not on this list? "I perform over fifty megachecks persecond!
If we're bringing the TF's into this, lets go with the most ambitious AI in the group, shall we?
Giant Robo (...Giant Robo)
A robot with heart and muscle.
Sheila (Red vs. Blue)
A tank with attitude issues. Need I say more?
WOTAN (Doctor who)
Sentient Humanity killing networked supercomputer that has its own mind control and military drones. In a show made in 1966. Doctor Who beats Terminator by over a decade.
Will add.

Hey where did poor little Haro go? ^^' (Not that he'd won anyway but... aw)
Otherwise as far as I know the characters it looks fine. At least none which are no AI as far as I know.
Will add those, and then we have a total of 128 nominees. All I need now is a good randomization tool, or method.

Athaniar
2009-09-30, 06:18 AM
Good news, everyone! Voting will begin later today. Watch this post.

EDIT: Let the voting begin! Here are the rules for round 1:

All nominated artificial intelligences (hereby known as contestants) have been randomly divided into groups of four. Each group of four belongs to one of four supergroups.

Each Plagrounder participating in the voting (hereby known as a voter) can vote for no more than one contestant in each group of four (up to 32 votes total). A voter is not required to use all his votes.

All votes will be added to the list of contestants below as soon as Lord Xavius (hereby known as the game-master) acknowledges them.

When the first round is over (no less than seven days after the round has started, i.e. at approximately 15:00 September 7 2009, Central European Time), the contestant with the highest number of votes in each group of four (hereby known as the winner) will go on to the second round of voting, and the others (hereby known as losers) will not be able to further participate in this year's contest. In the second round of voting, the winners of round one will be randomly matched with the other winners of their supergroup.

And, of course, the matchups:

Supergroup 1

Group 1:1
The Kernel (Tron 2.0) 1
Carl (Penny Arcade)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) 2
Sharon Apple (Macross Plus) 1

Group 1:2
Winslow (Questionable Content) 1
Master Control Program (Tron) 5
Lore (Star Trek) 3

Group 1:3
RepliCarter (Stargate SG-1) 2
Khazid'hea (Forgotten Realms) 2
Kryten 2X4B-523P (Red Dwarf) 3
The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant) 4

Group 1:4
AM (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream) 1
Neuromancer (Neuromancer) 1
Gary (Red vs Blue) 1
Waspinator (Transformers) 5

Group 1:5
Johnny Five! (Short Circuit) 1
Data (Star Trek) 3
HAL 9000 (2001) 7
Cortana (Halo) 1

Group 1:6
Tieria (Gundam 00) 1
R2-D2 (Star Wars) 5
WOTAN (Doctor Who) 1
HK-47 (Star Wars) 7

Group 1:7
Mycroft Holmes (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress) 1
Pino (Ergo Proxy) 1
Android #16 (DBZ) 3
Der Maschinen-Mensch (Metropolis) 2

Group 1:8
R. Daneel Olivaw (Asimov) 2
Castle Hetrodyne (Girl Genius) 4
Joshua/WOPR (WarGames) 1
C-3PO (Star Wars) 5

Supergroup 2

Group 2:1
Dorfl (Discworld)
Hex (Discworld) 4
Cheetor (Transformers) 1
ADA (Zone of the Enders) 2

Group 2:2
Mew Cai (Keychain of Creation) 2
2501 (Ghost in the Shell) 3
Box (Logan's Run) 1
RC011 (Probotector) 1

Group 2:3
Moxana (Girl Genius) 1
Anghammarad (Discworld) 1
C.H.A.S (Starship Troopers)
Bender (Futurama) 9

Group 2:4
Robot Santa (Futurama) 6
Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) 5
Chesty the Chest (Fable)

Group 2:5
Mega Man (Mega Man) 4
Moriarty (Star Trek) 3
Megatron (Transformers) 2
Robo (Chrono Trigger) 2

Group 2:6
Shodan (System Shock) 3
Bob (Tripping the Rift) 1
Aigis (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3) 2

Group 2:7
Gerty (Moon)
David (AI) 2
Canti (FLCL) 3
Church (Red Vs. Blue) 2

Group 2:8
Mack (Halo)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo) 3
Jane (Ender's Game) 3
Galatea (Greek myth) 4

Supergroup 3

Group 3:1
Skynet (Terminator) 6
Cameron (Terminator) 2
Jarvis (Iron Man) 2
The Lord of Blades (Eberron) 1

Group 3:2
K-9 (Doctor Who) 6
Leela (Marathon)
CABAL (Command and Conquer)
Friend Computer (Alpha Complex, Paranoia) 4

Group 3:3
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) 1
Dingbot Prime (Girl Genius) 1
Antrax (The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara) 1
GLaDOS (Portal) 7

Group 3:4
Gigolo Joe (AI) 2
Clank (Ratchet and Clank) 3
Boxbot (Gunnerkrigg Court) 1
Zax (Fallout) 1

Group 3:5
Petey (Schlock Mercenary) 1
The Terminatrix (Terminator) 1
Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still) 4
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) 5

Group 3:6
Durandal (Marathon) 2
Unicron (Transformers) 3
Fifth (Stargate SG-1) 4
Multivac/Microvac/AC (The Last Question) 1

Group 3:7
Buffybot (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) 2
Ribbons (Gundam 00) 1
KITT (Knight Rider) 3
Pintsize (Questionable Content) 1

Group 3:8
Robot Devil (Futurama) 4
Optimus Prime (Transformers) 5
Giant Robo (Giant Robo) 1
Lopez (Red vs Blue) 3

Supergroup 4

Group 4:1
Holly (Red Dwarf) 5
Eve (Applegeeks)
Wintermute (Neuromancer) 1
Starscream (Transformers) 4

Group 4:2
Sovereign (Mass Effect)
Ping (Megatokyo) 3
Icarus (Deus Ex) 1
Number Six (Battlestar Galactica) 2

Group 4:3
Adam (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer) 1
IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) 6
Haro (Gundam 00) 2

Group 4:4
Sheila (Red vs. Blue) 1
Blaine the Train 2
Daedalus (Deus Ex) 1
Thursday (Disgaea) 1

Group 4:5
Haro (Gundam V) 3
Morpheus (Deus Ex) 1
RD008 (Probotector) 1
Aineko (Accelerando)

Group 4:6
Robby the Robot (Forbidden Planet) 2
Agent Smith (The Matrix) 10
EPICAC (EPICAC)

Group 4:7
The Doctor (Star Trek) 5
Hot Shot (Transformers) 1
Zero (Mega Man) 3

Group 4:8
Bishop (Alien) 1
I AM (Exalted)
Rommie (Andromeda) 1
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) 9

Note that I have already placed my own votes. You (the voter) will be able to keep track of the current standings in round one by checking this post regularly.
And yes, the Doctor's group designation is a coincidence.

chiasaur11
2009-09-30, 08:44 AM
Awful lot of voting at once, really.

I'll do group 3 right now.

3:1: Jarvis.
3:2: K-9
3:3: GLaDOS
3:4: Clank
3:5: Gort.
3:6: Dur-Dur-Dur Durandal
3:7:
3:8: Lopez. (Depends on the prime, mind, but Lopez never committed suicide over a video game)

Reinholdt
2009-09-30, 08:50 AM
Supergroup 1

The Kernel (Tron 2.0)
Carl (Penny Arcade)

Lore (Star Trek)

Khazid'hea (Forgotten Realms)

AM (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream)
Gary (Red vs Blue)
Waspinator (Transformers)

Johnny Five! (Short Circuit)
Data (Star Trek)
HAL 9000 (2001)
Cortana (Halo)

Tieria (Gundam 00)
R2-D2 (Star Wars)
WOTAN (Doctor Who)
HK-47 (Star Wars)

Pino (Ergo Proxy)
Android #16 (DBZ)

Joshua/WOPR (WarGames)
C-3PO (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2

Dorfl (Discworld)
Hex (Discworld)
Cheetor (Transformers)
ADA (Zone of the Enders)

Mew Cai (Keychain of Creation)
2501 (Ghost in the Shell)
Box (Logan's Run)
RC011 (Probotector)

Moxana (Girl Genius)
Anghammarad (Discworld)
C.H.A.S (Starship Troopers)
Bender (Futurama)

Robot Santa (Futurama)
Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
Chesty the Chest (Fable)

Mega Man (Mega Man)
Moriarty (Star Trek)
Megatron (Transformers)
Robo (Chrono Trigger)

Shodan (System Shock)
Bob (Tripping the Rift)

Gerty (Moon)
David (AI)
Canti (FLCL)
Church (Red Vs. Blue) 1

Mack (Halo)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo)
Jane (Ender's Game)
Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3

Skynet (Terminator)
Cameron (Terminator)
Jarvis (Iron Man)

K-9 (Doctor Who)
Leela (Marathon)
CABAL (Command and Conquer)

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
GLaDOS (Portal)

Gigolo Joe (AI)
Boxbot (Gunnerkrigg Court)
Zax (Fallout)

The Terminatrix (Terminator)

Durandal (Marathon)
Unicron (Transformers)
Fifth (Stargate SG-1)
Multivac/Microvac/AC (The Last Question)

Ribbons (Gundam 00)
KITT (Knight Rider)

Robot Devil (Futurama)
Giant Robo (Giant Robo)
Lopez (Red vs Blue)

Supergroup 4

Holly (Red Dwarf)
Eve (Applegeeks)
Wintermute (Neuromancer)

Sovereign (Mass Effect)
Ping (Megatokyo)
Icarus (Deus Ex)

Adam (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)
IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)
Haro (Gundam 00)

Sheila (Red vs. Blue)
Blaine the Train
Daedalus (Deus Ex)
Thursday (Disgaea)

Haro (Gundam V)
Morpheus (Deus Ex)
RD008 (Probotector)
Aineko (Accelerando)

Agent Smith (The Matrix)
EPICAC (EPICAC)

The Doctor (Star Trek)
Hot Shot (Transformers)
Zero (Mega Man)

Bishop (Alien)
I AM (Exalted)
Rommie (Andromeda)

TheBST
2009-09-30, 09:02 AM
I vote:

Supergroup 1

AM (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream)

HAL 9000 (2001)

HK-47 (Star Wars)

Joshua/WOPR (WarGames)

Supergroup 2

Hex (Discworld)

Bender (Futurama)

Robot Santa (Futurama)

Mega Man (Mega Man)

Shodan (System Shock)

Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3

GLaDOS (Portal)

Multivac/Microvac/AC (The Last Question)

Robot Devil (Futurama)

Supergroup 4

Holly (Red Dwarf)

Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Soepvork
2009-09-30, 09:29 AM
My votes:

Supergroup 1

None

None

Khazid'hea (Forgotten Realms)

None

R2-D2 (Star Wars)

Android #16 (DBZ)

C-3PO (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2

Hex (Discworld)

RC011 (Probotector)

Bender (Futurama)

Robot Santa (Futurama)

Megatron (Transformers)

None

None

None

Supergroup 3

Wow, this is a harsh group...
Cameron (Terminator)

K-9 (Doctor Who)

Unicron (Transformers)

Supergroup 4

None

Adam (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)

None

RD008 (Probotector)

Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Hot Shot (Transformers)

None

Kato
2009-09-30, 10:02 AM
Supergroup 1

None

since I like him more than Lore, somehow...

No competition.

None

Data (Star Trek)
Hard one but I like him the most out of them.

Tieria (Gundam 00)
Gotta stand up for my nominee, don't I?

None. Might have been 16 but he was not that impressive.

None again. Sorry, C3PO

Supergroup 2

Hex (Discworld)
Definitely!

Guess it's bad I can't remember who 2501 was...

Bender (Futurama)
Lick my shiny metal... you know it, you love it (you'd do it?)

Know Sants and DT but none was good enough to proceed I think.

Mega Man (Mega Man)
Aw maaaaaaaan. K, Moriarty is pretty much a one-shot and Megatron constant loser but Robo vs Mega? How mean... Close win for way more games to star in.

None.

Canti (FLCL)

None

Supergroup 3

Skynet (Terminator)
Even though it fails at accomplishing anything really in the end...

K-9 (Doctor Who)
Affirmative.

Guess I would have voted GLADOS I've I would have played Portal...

None

Fifth (Stargate SG-1)

Ribbons (Gundam 00)
Aw man! Not again! Now what? Okay, Buffybot is not really AI more like Artificial Dumbness and KITT was... now, guess it was too long ago to be that prominent. But Ribbons vs Pintsize? -.-' ... ... Meh, intsize is neat but Ribbons is Ribbons. Though I'd not mind Pint to proceed...

Could have been Devil but good beats evil (this time)

Supergroup 4

None really great enough imo.

Ping (Megatokyo)
Aww.

Haro (Gundam 00)
I'll stick with my nominees here I guess. Though hard competition.

None

Haro (Gundam V)
Know none else, sorry. Not a good reason, but...

Agent Smith (The Matrix)
Definitely. (Think I used that one already)

The Doctor (Star Trek)
Aw... Okay, Fembot was a one shot but Doctor vs Zero? I guess zero will win so I'll give my slight support to the Doctor don't want him to leave without a vote.

And yet again... Dunno I AM but the other three... Though I'll pick the oldest in the lot (or so I think)

On a side note, I think you got the date for the counting wrong or my calendar is off..

Comet
2009-09-30, 11:00 AM
My votes (skipped 1:3):
Supergroup 1

HAL 9000 (2001)

HK-47 (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2

ADA (Zone of the Enders)

Bender (Futurama)

Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)

Mega Man (Mega Man)

Shodan (System Shock)

Church (Red Vs. Blue)

Jane (Ender's Game)

Supergroup 3

Skynet (Terminator)

GLaDOS (Portal)

Zax (Fallout)

Durandal (Marathon)

Supergroup 4

Wintermute (Neuromancer)

Icarus (Deus Ex)

Daedalus (Deus Ex)

Morpheus (Deus Ex)

Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Zero (Mega Man)

Zevox
2009-09-30, 11:01 AM
Well, lets get started.

Group 1:1 - No vote.
Group 1:2 - No vote.
Group 1:3 - The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)
Group 1:4 - Waspinator (Transformers)
Group 1:5 - Johnny Five! (Short Circuit)
Group 1:6 - HK-47 (Star Wars)
Group 1:7 - No vote.
Group 1:8 - C-3PO (Star Wars)

Group 2:1 - Cheetor (Transformers)
Group 2:2 - No vote.
Group 2:3 - No vote.
Group 2:4 - No vote.
Group 2:5 - Mega Man (Mega Man)
Group 2:6 - Aigis (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3)
Group 2:7 - No vote.
Group 2:8 - No vote.

Group 3:1 - Jarvis (Iron Man)
Group 3:2 - No vote.
Group 3:3 - KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Group 3:4 - No vote.
Group 3:5 - No vote.
Group 3:6 - Unicron (Transformers)
Group 3:7 - No vote.
Group 3:8 - Optimus Prime (Transformers)

Group 4:1 - Starscream (Transformers)
Group 4:2 - No vote.
Group 4:3 - IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)
Group 4:4 - Thursday (Disgaea)
Group 4:5 - No vote.
Group 4:6 - No vote.
Group 4:7 - Zero (Mega Man)
Group 4:8 - No vote.

There are a lot of contestants I have never heard of. And, of course, three I like happened to get paired together immediately (2:5 - Mega Man vs Megatron vs Robo). Oh well.

Zevox

Athaniar
2009-09-30, 11:19 AM
Votes tallied.

MoonBeam
2009-09-30, 01:48 PM
My Votes:

Supergroup 1
Group 1:6 - R2-D2 (Star Wars)
Group 1:7 - Pino (Ergo Proxy)

Supergroup 2
Group 2:3 - Bender (Futurama)
Group 2:4 - Robot Santa (Futurama)
Group 2:7 - David (AI)
Group 2:8 - Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3
Group 3:1 - Skynet (Terminator)
Group 3:3 - GLaDOS (Portal)
Group 3:8 - Robot Devil (Futurama)

Supergroup 4
Group 4:6 - Agent Smith (The Matrix)
Group 4:8 - Bishop (Alien)

All the other groups: <abstain>

Athaniar
2009-09-30, 03:33 PM
Votes tallied.

kopout
2009-09-30, 06:08 PM
Supergroup 1

Lore (Star Trek)

HAL 9000 (2001)

R2-D2 (Star Wars)

Android #16 (DBZ)

Supergroup 2

Hex (Discworld)

Anghammarad (Discworld)

Megatron (Transformers)

David (AI)

Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3

Cameron (Terminator)

Gigolo Joe (AI)

The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) [

Fifth (Stargate SG-1)

Supergroup 4

Ping (Megatokyo)

Agent Smith (The Matrix) [

The Doctor (Star Trek)

Blackjackg
2009-09-30, 06:22 PM
Supergroup 1:1:1 No Vote
1:2 Lore
1:3 Kryten
1:4 Waspinator
1:5 HAL 9000
1:6 R2-D2
1:7 Der Maschinen-Mensch
1:8 Castle Heterodyne
Supergroup 2:2:1 No Vote
2:2 No Vote
2:3 Bender
2:4 Deep Thought
2:5 Robo
2:6 No Vote
2:7 No Vote
2:8 No Vote
Supergroup 3:3:1 Skynet
3:2 Friend Computer
3:3 GLaDOS
3:4 No Vote
3:5 No Vote
3:6 No Vote
3:7 Pintsize
3:8 Optimus Prime
Supergroup 4:4:1 Holly
4:2 No Vote
4:3 No Vote
4:4 No Vote
4:5 No Vote
4:6 Agent Smith
4:7 No Vote
4:8 Marvin

turkishproverb
2009-09-30, 11:24 PM
Tough choices. And I realized I forgot to nominate Gir. :smallfurious:

Oh, well. Here we go:

Supergroup 1

HAL 9000 (2001)

WOTAN (Doctor Who)

Supergroup 2
ADA (Zone of the Enders)

Bender (Futurama)

Robot Santa (Futurama)

Moriarty (Star Trek)

Canti (FLCL)

Jane (Ender's Game)

Supergroup 3
Skynet (Terminator)

K-9 (Doctor Who)

GLaDOS (Portal)

Unicron (Transformers)

KITT (Knight Rider)

Giant Robo (Giant Robo)

Supergroup 4

Ping (Megatokyo)

Blaine the Train

Haro (Gundam V)

Zero (Mega Man)

Also
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)--This entry is against the rules, tardises are grown, not built. And they DO breed. They are biological to some extent or other.

Hylleddin
2009-09-30, 11:44 PM
Tough choices. And I realized I forgot to nominate Gir. :smallfurious:

Argh! Me too!

Anyway, my votes:

Super Group 1:

1:3 - The Iron Giant
1:5 - Data
1:6 - HK-47
1:8 - Castle Heterodyne

Super Group 2:

2:2 - Mew Cai
2:3 - Bender
2:7 - Church
2:8 - 343 Guilty Spark

Super Group 3:

3:8 - Lopez

Super Group 4:

4:7 - The Doctor

I suspect the winner will be either HK-47 or GLaDOS.

Athaniar
2009-10-01, 01:54 AM
Votes tallied.

Also
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)--This entry is against the rules, tardises are grown, not built. And they DO breed. They are biological to some extent or other.
It's sort of a mystery what TARDISes really are. And besides, I'm not going to ban any competitor now that the contest has started.

turkishproverb
2009-10-01, 02:34 AM
Fair ruling in both directions. I suppose they are artificial life forms, regardless...

Remmirath
2009-10-01, 02:49 PM
Supergroup 1

Group 1:1 The Kernel (Tron 2.0)
Group 1:2 Master Control Program (Tron)
Group 1:3 Khazid'hea (Forgotten Realms)
Group 1:5 HAL 9000 (2001)
Group 1:6 HK-47 (Star Wars)
Group 1:8 C-3PO (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2

Group 2:4 Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)

Supergroup 3

Group 3:5 Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still)

Supergroup 4

Group 4:3 IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)
Group 4:4 Blaine the Train
Group 4:6 Robby the Robot (Forbidden Planet)
Group 4:8 Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy)

Athaniar
2009-10-02, 02:40 PM
Votes tallied.

zillion ninjas
2009-10-07, 12:32 AM
Supergroup 1
Group 1:1 R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O)
Group 1:2 Master Control Program (Tron)
Group 1:3 Kryten 2X4B-523P (Red Dwarf)
Group 1:4 none
Group 1:5 HAL 9000 (2001)
Group 1:6 R2-D2 (Star Wars)
Group 1:7 Android #16 (DBZ)
Group 1:8 Castle Heterodyne (Girl Genius) - What a horrible seed for the first round. I had to vote against both R. Daneel and Joshua, and that prissy Goldenrod is going to win it, anyway. :smallfrown:

Supergroup 2
Group 2:1 none
Group 2:2 Box (Logan's Run)
Group 2:3 Moxana (Girl Genius) - Props to Bender, but the Muse has stricken me. :smallwink:
Group 2:4 Deep Thought (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
Group 2:5 Moriarty (Star Trek)
Group 2:6 Bob (Tripping the Rift)
Group 2:7 Canti (FLCL)
Group 2:8 Jane (Ender's Game)

Supergroup 3
Group 3:1 Skynet (Terminator)
Group 3:2 K-9 (Doctor Who)
Group 3:3 Dingbot Prime (Girl Genius)
Group 3:4 Gigolo Joe (AI)
Group 3:5 Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still) - but only the 1950 version
Group 3:6 Fifth (Stargate SG-1)
Group 3:7 KITT (Knight Rider)
Group 3:8 Robot Devil (Futurama)

Supergroup 4
Group 4:1 Holly (Red Dwarf)
Group 4:2 Number Six (Battlestar Galactica) - I assume this is "Caprica 6", rather than the whole line of Sixes.
Group 4:3 Haro (Gundam 00)
Group 4:4 none
Group 4:5 Haro (Gundam V) - sure, why not
Group 4:6 Agent Smith (The Matrix)
Group 4:7 The Doctor (Star Trek)
Group 4:8 Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy)

Athaniar
2009-10-07, 02:59 AM
Votes tallied. Also, only 5 hours until the round 1 endgame begins. I guess I'll have to explain that statement:

Endgame

At the point of time designated as the end of the round is reached, each group of four with one contestant who has gained more points than the other contestants in the group will be locked and that contestant will be declared the winner of that group.

All contests without a winner-elect (i.e. those where the highest amount of points is shared between two or more contestants) will still be open for voting. As soon as the balance of points shifts in the favor of one contestant, that contestant will be declared winner and the group closed. This will go on until all winners of round 1 have been determined.

Example:
Agent Smith in group 4:6 has 10 points, which is 8 more than the competitor with the second highest score (Robby). Assuming that nothing extraordinary happens, at 1500 hours CET Agent Smith will be declared the winner of that group, and his name colored red to show that he has won.

In group 2:4 on the other hand, two competitors (Robot Santa and Deep Thought) have the same amount of votes (5). If both of them still have an equal amount of votes at 15:00, none of them can be declared winner, and the group will enter the endgame.

If after the endgame has begun, let's say at 15:30, Voter X, who has not voted in that group yet, gives his vote to Robot Santa, Robot Santa will immediately be considered the winner, even if Voter Y votes for Deep Thought one minute later before I can tally the vote. The endgame ends when a winner has been declared in every group of four, and Round 2 will begin soon after (if I'm not particularly busy at the time). In Round 2, the competitors will be randomized and paired within their supergroups.

Once again, because it is important: you cannot vote in a group in the endgame if you have already voted in that group previously during Round 1. You can, however, vote in a group in the endgame if you have already voted but not for a competitor in that group.

If required, the endgame will return in future rounds.

Also, I will declare when the endgame begins. It does not begin automatically.

EDIT:
The Round 1 Endgame is here! The following groups need decisive votes:

2:2
2:4
2:6
2:8
3:6
4:1

Kato
2009-10-07, 01:33 PM
Aw man, lot's of my favs are not going to make it...
Anyway, I at least put my vote on Robot Santa in 2-4 since... dunno. DT might have been really intelligent but it hardly did anything in the Guide. Santa at least does some fun stuff. So, vote 2.4 changed from None to Robot Santa (Futurama)

MoonBeam
2009-10-07, 01:40 PM
Group 2:2 - 2501 (Ghost in the Shell)

Athaniar
2009-10-07, 01:46 PM
Votes tallied. Groups left:

2:6
2:8
4:1

Also, I placed a vote on Fifth, ending 3:6.

Comet
2009-10-07, 01:55 PM
Gosh, very few of my favourites made it through the first round. Instead, we get a whole bunch of Transformers and other wacky humanoid robots.

I'm dissapointed, Playground :smalltongue:
Oh well, at least GLaDOS is still in the game.

chiasaur11
2009-10-07, 03:45 PM
Gosh, very few of my favourites made it through the first round. Instead, we get a whole bunch of Transformers and other wacky humanoid robots.

I'm dissapointed, Playground :smalltongue:
Oh well, at least GLaDOS is still in the game.

Same.

And I'm voting for SHODAN in her category, and 343 guilty spark in his.

Not my ideal picks, but both are better than the alternatives by large margins.

Athaniar
2009-10-07, 04:12 PM
Just two left, then, 2:8 and 4:1. Vote, people!

Soepvork
2009-10-07, 04:28 PM
Put me down for Galatea in 2:8.

(In other words, changed none to Galatea)

Athaniar
2009-10-08, 04:34 AM
Just 4:1 left to be decided before we can begin Round 2.
Vote Holly!

Kato
2009-10-10, 07:58 AM
I don't know Red Dwarf but Starscream is... I don' t know... Okay, he got is trope but otherwise he's mostly an ineffectual annoying backstabber in the incarnations I know of. So, I guess it doesn't mean much but If I had to chose I'd rather NOT pick him. (Could please someone with more knowledge give a vote? ^^')

Athaniar
2009-10-10, 09:29 AM
This is taking too much time. If no decisive vote has been placed by midnight (Central European Time), I will end group 4:1 myself.

MoonBeam
2009-10-10, 12:34 PM
Group 4:1 - Holly (Red Dwarf)

Note: It's because I just can't stand Transformers. Plus, though I've never seen a single episode of Red Dwarf, it seems like a decent show.

Athaniar
2009-10-10, 04:57 PM
Thank you. And now, lasting until approximately 23.59 (CET) October 17, heere's Round 2!

Supergroup 1

Waspinator (Transformers) [1] vs C-3PO (Star Wars) [9]

HAL 9000 (2001) [5] vs Android #16 (DBZ) [1]

HK-47 (Star Wars) [6] vs The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant) [4]

R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) vs Master Control Program (Tron) [4]

Supergroup 2

Mega Man (Mega Man) [3] vs Hex (Discworld) [4]

Robot Santa (Futurama) vs Bender (Futurama) [8]

Shodan (System Shock) [1] vs Canti (FLCL) [3]

2501 (Ghost in the Shell) [2] vs Galatea (Greek myth) [3]

Supergroup 3

Optimus Prime (Transformers) [3] vs The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) [6]

Skynet (Terminator) [4] vs Fifth (Stargate SG-1) [3]

Clank (Ratchet and Clank) [1] vs KITT (Knight Rider) [5]

K-9 (Doctor Who) [5] vs GLaDOS (Portal) [4]

Supergroup 4

IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) [5] vs Ping (Megatokyo) [2]

Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) [7] vs Haro (Gundam V) [1]

Blaine the Train [1] vs Agent Smith (The Matrix) [8]

The Doctor (Star Trek) [3] vs Holly (Red Dwarf) [2]

Now it's personal, people.

Zevox
2009-10-10, 05:03 PM
Damn, and I thought that characters I knew were outnumbered by those I didn't in the first round...

Supergroup 1:
1 - C-3PO
2 - No vote.
3 - HK-47
4 - No vote.

Supergroup 2:
1 - Mega Man
2, 3, & 4 - No votes.

Supergroup 3:
1 - Optimus Prime
2, 3, & 4 - No votes.

Supergroup 4:
1 - IG-88
2, 3, & 4 - No votes.

Zevox

Reinholdt
2009-10-10, 05:05 PM
Supergroup 1

Waspinator (Transformers) vs C-3PO (Star Wars)

HAL 9000 (2001) vs Android #16 (DBZ)

HK-47 (Star Wars) vs The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)

R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) vs Master Control Program (Tron)

Supergroup 2

Mega Man (Mega Man) vs Hex (Discworld)

Robot Santa (Futurama) vs Bender (Futurama)

Shodan (System Shock) vs Canti (FLCL)

2501 (Ghost in the Shell) vs Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3

Optimus Prime (Transformers) vs The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)

Skynet (Terminator) vs Fifth (Stargate SG-1)

Clank (Ratchet and Clank) vs KITT (Knight Rider)

K-9 (Doctor Who) vs GLaDOS (Portal)

Supergroup 4

IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) vs Ping (Megatokyo)

Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) vs Haro (Gundam V)

Blaine the Train vs Agent Smith (The Matrix)

The Doctor (Star Trek) vs Holly (Red Dwarf)

zillion ninjas
2009-10-10, 06:27 PM
I'd better get to this before I almost forget to, like in the first round...

Supergroup 1
C-3PO (Star Wars) - damned wussy droid... *grumble grumble* :smallannoyed:
HAL 9000 (2001)

Supergroup 2
none
Bender (Futurama) - to be fair, Bender did once impersonate Robot Santa...
Canti (FLCL)

Supergroup 3
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) - Who needs a semi when you can tell space and time to sit down and shut up?
Fifth (Stargate SG-1)
KITT (Knight Rider)
K-9 (Doctor Who)

Supergroup 4
none
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) - "Brain the size of a planet, and they match me up against a metal ball with a speech impediment? I might as well just lie down and rust..."
Agent Smith (The Matrix)
Holly (Red Dwarf)

Remmirath
2009-10-11, 12:40 AM
Supergroup 1
C-3PO (Star Wars)
HAL 9000 (2001)
HK-47 (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2
no vote
no vote
no vote
no vote

Supergroup 3
no vote
no vote
no vote
no vote

Supergroup 4
Blaine the Train
no vote

Kato
2009-10-11, 04:08 AM
Supergroup 1

None. like neither good enough.

HAL 9000 (2001)

None again.

None

Supergroup 2

Aw man, how mean... greatest hero of a universe against an AI created by some ants and bees... I guess I'lll go with Hex (Discworld), sorry Mega.

Bender (Futurama), no competition.

Canti (FLCL)

None

Supergroup 3

Fifth (Stargate SG-1), Skynet is... stupid.

KITT (Knight Rider)

K-9 (Doctor Who)

Supergroup 4

Ping (Megatokyo), aw teh cuteness.

Aw man... last little Gundam competitor against Marvin? Poor Haro... I'll give him a compassion vote since he won't get a single other and he has his skills as well. Haro (Gundam V)

Agent Smith (The Matrix)

The Doctor (Star Trek)

Athaniar
2009-10-11, 04:14 AM
Votes tallied.

MoonBeam
2009-10-11, 04:43 AM
Supergroup 1
C-3PO (Star Wars)
<abstain>
HK-47 (Star Wars)
<abstain>

Supergroup 2
<abstain>
Bender (Futurama)
<abstain>
Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3
<abstain>
Skynet (Terminator)
<abstain>
GLaDOS (Portal)

Supergroup 4
<abstain>
Agent Smith (The Matrix)
<abstain>

Athaniar
2009-10-11, 04:59 AM
Votes tallied again, because I have nothing better to do.

Comet
2009-10-11, 05:06 AM
My votes:
Supergroup 1

C-3PO (Star Wars)

HAL 9000 (2001)

HK-47 (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2

Mega Man (Mega Man)

Bender (Futurama)

Shodan (System Shock)

Supergroup 3

Skynet (Terminator)

KITT (Knight Rider)

GLaDOS (Portal)

Supergroup 4

Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Holly (Red Dwarf)

Soepvork
2009-10-11, 05:11 AM
Supergroup 1

HAL 9000 (2001) vs Android #16 (DBZ)

R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) vs Master Control Program (Tron) (No vote)

Supergroup 2

Shodan (System Shock) vs Canti (FLCL) (no vote)

Supergroup 3

Supergroup 4

IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) vs Ping (Megatokyo) (no vote)

Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) vs Haro (Gundam V) (no vote)

The Doctor (Star Trek) vs Holly (Red Dwarf) (No vote)

Athaniar
2009-10-11, 05:17 AM
Votes tallied yet again.

kopout
2009-10-11, 09:20 PM
Supergroup 1

N/A

R. Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) vs Master Control Program (Tron)

Supergroup 2

Shodan (System Shock) vs Canti (FLCL)

Supergroup 3

Supergroup 4

IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) vs Ping (Megatokyo)

Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) vs Haro (Gundam V)

The Doctor (Star Trek) vs Holly (Red Dwarf)

nonbeliever93
2009-10-11, 09:36 PM
Supergroup 1
C-3PO (Star Wars)
HAL 9000 (2001)
N/A

Supergroup 2
N/A
Bender (Futurama)
N/A
N/A

Supergroup 3
Skynet (Terminator)
N/A
K-9 (Doctor Who)

Supergroup 4
N/A
N/A
N/A

Athaniar
2009-10-12, 05:02 AM
Votes tallied.

Athaniar
2009-10-17, 04:37 PM
Round 2 is almost over, just a short endgame to be concluded:
Mega Man (Mega Man) vs Hex (Discworld). Remember, first vote (by a voter who has not already voted for one of the two in this round) concludes it!

latwPIAT
2009-10-18, 01:03 PM
Even if I had not voted, or even participated in this thread previously, except for reading the nominations? The "concerning vs. threads" pinned topic doesn't actually contain the rules for vs. threads, but they seem to run mostly on good will and common agreement, and I've never heard, through reading other vs. threads, of anyone not being allowed to vote at any point. (Hex)

Athaniar
2009-10-18, 01:16 PM
New voters are certainly both welcome and appreciated. Vote tallied, and Round 3 (Round of Sixteen) to begin in a few minutes.

EDIT: It's here! Expect it to end at approximately 20:30 CET Sunday October 25.

[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001) [4] vs HK-47 (Star Wars) [6]
Master Control Program (Tron) [4] vs C-3PO (Star Wars) [6]

[[Supergroup 2]]
Canti (FLCL) [2] vs Bender (Futurama) [6]
Hex (Discworld) [3] vs Galatea (Greek myth) [4]

[[Supergroup 3]]
KITT (Knight Rider) [4] vs K-9 (Doctor Who) [3]
Skynet (Terminator) [2] vs The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) [6]

[[Supergroup 4]]
The Doctor (Star Trek) [1] vs Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) [6]
Agent Smith (The Matrix) [9] vs IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars) [2]

Comet
2009-10-18, 01:39 PM
Let's see here... My votes:

[[Supergroup 1]]
HK-47 (Star Wars)

[[Supergroup 2]]
Bender (Futurama)
Hex (Discworld)

[[Supergroup 3]]
KITT (Knight Rider)

[[Supergroup 4]]
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

This is getting hard. Mainly because none of my automatic favourites are included at this point.

zillion ninjas
2009-10-18, 01:57 PM
:elan: Ooh! Pretty colors!

[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001)

[[Supergroup 2]]
Canti (FLCL)
none

[[Supergroup 3]]
KITT (Knight Rider) - "Michael, please get that annoying little thing away from my tires. I don't care that it says it's going to fix me. Where's Bonnie?"

[[Supergroup 4]]
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Reinholdt
2009-10-18, 01:59 PM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HK-47 (Star Wars)
C-3PO (Star Wars)

[[Supergroup 2]]
Canti (FLCL)
Galatea (Greek myth)

[[Supergroup 3]]
K-9 (Doctor Who)

[[Supergroup 4]]
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Athaniar
2009-10-18, 02:24 PM
Votes tallied.

Kato
2009-10-18, 02:35 PM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001)
abstain

[[Supergroup 2]]
Bender (Futurama)
Hex (Discworld)

[[Supergroup 3]]
K-9 (Doctor Who)
abstain

[[Supergroup 4]]
What is with this match up? -.-' I... can't decide. Absolutely not....
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Soepvork
2009-10-18, 02:45 PM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001) vs HK-47 (Star Wars) --- No vote
Master Control Program (Tron) vs C-3PO (Star Wars)

[[Supergroup 2]]
Canti (FLCL) vs Bender (Futurama)
Hex (Discworld) vs Galatea (Greek myth)

[[Supergroup 3]]
KITT (Knight Rider) vs K-9 (Doctor Who)
Skynet (Terminator) vs The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)

[[Supergroup 4]]
The Doctor (Star Trek) vs Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy) --- No vote
Agent Smith (The Matrix) vs IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)

Athaniar
2009-10-18, 04:40 PM
Votes tallied.

Zevox
2009-10-18, 07:27 PM
I'll cast votes for HK-47 (group 1-1), C-3PO (group 1-2), and IG-88 (group 4-2). They're the only characters left that I recognize.

Zevox

Remmirath
2009-10-18, 10:40 PM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001)

[[Supergroup 2]]
none
none

[[Supergroup 3]]
none
none

[[Supergroup 4]]

Athaniar
2009-10-19, 02:03 AM
Votes tallied. Also, go here (http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/) for tiny (really tiny) AI support icons! Put them in your sig or something.

MoonBeam
2009-10-19, 12:11 PM
Supergroup 1
HK-47 (Star Wars)
C-3PO (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2
Bender (Futurama)
Galatea (Greek myth)

Supergroup 3
<abstain>
Skynet (Terminator)

Supergroup 4
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Athaniar
2009-10-19, 01:06 PM
Votes tallied.

kopout
2009-10-21, 11:40 AM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HAL 9000 (2001) vs HK-47 (Star Wars)
Master Control Program (Tron) vs C-3PO (Star Wars)

[[Supergroup 2]]
Canti (FLCL) vs Bender (Futurama)
Hex (Discworld) vs Galatea (Greek myth)

[[Supergroup 3]]
abstain
Skynet (Terminator) vs The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who)

[[Supergroup 4]]
The Doctor (Star Trek) vs Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guite to the Galaxy)
Agent Smith (The Matrix) vs IG-88A/Death Star II (Star Wars)

Athaniar
2009-10-21, 12:52 PM
Votes tallied.

Valaqil
2009-10-21, 01:43 PM
[[Supergroup 1]]
HK-47 (Star Wars)
C-3PO (Star Wars)

[[Supergroup 3]]
KITT (Knight Rider)
Skynet (Terminator)

[[Supergroup 4]]
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Athaniar
2009-10-21, 02:08 PM
Votes tallied again.

Athaniar
2009-10-25, 02:34 PM
Round 4 (Quarter-Finals/Group Finals) is here, with (fortunately enough) no endgame to preceed it! These are the group finals, so no randomization, but note that the matchups in the Semi-Finals will still be randomized. Expect it to end at approximately 20:30 CET Sunday November 1.

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK47.pngSupergroup 1http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/C3PO.png\\
HK-47 (Star Wars) [4]
vs
C-3PO (Star Wars) [3]

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender.pngSupergroup 2http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Galatea.png\\
Bender (Futurama) [6]
vs
Galatea (Greek myth) [0]

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT.pngSupergroup 3http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/TARDIS.png\\
KITT (Knight Rider) [4]
vs
The Doctor's TARDIS (Doctor Who) [1]

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin.pngSupergroup 4http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Smith.png\\
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) [4]
vs
Agent Smith (The Matrix) [3]

Comet
2009-10-25, 02:39 PM
//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK47.pngSupergroup 1\\
HK-47 (Star Wars)

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender.pngSupergroup 2\\
Bender (Futurama)

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT.pngSupergroup 3\\
KITT (Knight Rider)

//Supergroup 4http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Smith.png\\
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Zevox
2009-10-25, 02:39 PM
One vote for HK-47. No votes for the rest. HK and Threepio are the only remaining contenders I recognize.

Zevox

Athaniar
2009-10-25, 03:29 PM
Votes tallied.

Soepvork
2009-10-25, 03:30 PM
//Supergroup 1\\
HK-47 (Star Wars)
vs
C-3PO (Star Wars)

//Supergroup 2\\
Bender (Futurama)
vs
Galatea (Greek myth) []

//Supergroup 3\\
KITT (Knight Rider)
vs

//Supergroup 4\\
vs
Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Athaniar
2009-10-25, 05:11 PM
Votes tallied.

MoonBeam
2009-10-25, 05:47 PM
Supergroup 1
C-3PO (Star Wars)

Supergroup 2
Bender (Futurama)

Supergroup 3
note: I am very, very disappointed. Where is Skynet, people?! :smallmad:
<abstain>

Supergroup 4

Athaniar
2009-10-26, 02:23 PM
Votes tallied.

Remmirath
2009-10-26, 03:42 PM
//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK47.pngSupergroup 1http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/C3PO.png\\
HK-47 (Star Wars)

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender.pngSupergroup 2http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Galatea.png\\
no vote

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT.pngSupergroup 3http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/TARDIS.png\\
no vote

//http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin.pngSupergroup 4http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Smith.png\\

Athaniar
2009-10-26, 07:20 PM
Votes tallied.

Kato
2009-10-27, 04:32 PM
Meh, good guys had to leave... I'm a little sad but I guess majority proves me wrong.

votes: Bender, Marvin, KITT.

Athaniar
2009-10-27, 05:43 PM
Votes tallied.

zillion ninjas
2009-10-28, 12:33 AM
//Supergroup 1\\
C-3PO (Star Wars)

//Supergroup 2\\
Bender (Futurama) "...should not be allowed on television!"

//Supergroup 3\\
KITT (Knight Rider)

//Supergroup 4\\

Athaniar
2009-10-28, 10:22 AM
Votes tallied.

Athaniar
2009-11-01, 02:58 PM
You know what it's time for? The semi-finals, that's what it's time for! I've randomized two (hopefully interesting) rounds for you all, so vote! Vote for your favorite! This round will end at approximately 21.00 CET November 8.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK47.pngHK-47http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK472.png
Star Wars
(6 Points)
vs
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT.pngKITThttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT2.png
Knight Rider
(2 Points)

- - -

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender.pngBenderhttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender2.png
Futurama
(3 Points)
vs
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin.pngMarvinhttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin2.png
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(4 Points)

Zevox
2009-11-01, 03:17 PM
+1 for HK-47, meatbag.

Zevox

Reinholdt
2009-11-01, 03:27 PM
HK-47

Marvin

MoonBeam
2009-11-01, 03:41 PM
HK-47 (Star Wars)
Bender (Futurama)

Comet
2009-11-01, 03:45 PM
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK47.pngHK-47http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/HK472.png
Star Wars

and

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin.pngMarvinhttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Marvin2.png
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I love fancy graphics.

Soepvork
2009-11-01, 04:43 PM
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT.pngKITThttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/KITT2.png
Knight Rider

- - -

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender.pngBenderhttp://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/Bender2.png
Futurama

Athaniar
2009-11-01, 04:47 PM
Votes tallied.

Remmirath
2009-11-01, 11:59 PM
HK-47 and Marvin, no question in my mind.

zillion ninjas
2009-11-02, 02:11 AM
KITT (Knight Rider) and Marvin (HHGG).

Kato
2009-11-02, 01:06 PM
oh sure, how I hate you, randomness. Now we have two good characters against each other vs two poor ones? What did I do to you?!

Sorry, can't give a vote to either, dont care enough for the first match and picking Bender against Marvin... yeah, all up to taste. I'd go slightly for Bender since he's had a longer life but in general... no vote.

Athaniar
2009-11-02, 01:22 PM
Votes tallied. And Kato, at least you know how to vote in the final, no matter who win this round.

Athaniar
2009-11-08, 02:53 PM
Many brave AIs have fallen, and after the carnage, only two remain, both well aware that there can only be one.
From 21:00 CET November 8 to 21:00 CET November 15, the universe will behold the greatest battle in history.
There is no turning back. Let the final round begin.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/AIitP2009.png
HK-47: 8 Votes

Marvin: 6 Votes

Comet
2009-11-08, 02:55 PM
Let's put these hands together for HK-47.

Zevox
2009-11-08, 03:28 PM
HK-47.

Zevox

Athaniar
2009-11-08, 04:00 PM
Votes tallied.

Kato
2009-11-09, 07:35 AM
Meh, sorry for my bad mood. Guess if I was more into Star Wars I wasn't so disappointed.
So, as one might have guessed, final vote: Marvin.
(Damn, he'd talk him into suicide. he did it before and I don't think HK is so much more intelligent.

Athaniar
2009-11-09, 10:15 AM
Vote tallied.

Valaqil
2009-11-09, 10:55 AM
HK-47, for the win.

MoonBeam
2009-11-09, 12:51 PM
Damn! First Skynet, now Bender...

It seems I have to go for Marvin, the genuinely depressive AI.

chiasaur11
2009-11-09, 01:06 PM
Damn! First Skynet, now Bender...

Hey, at least your picks weren't eliminated in the first round by a fifth rate toaster wannabe.

Athaniar
2009-11-09, 01:47 PM
Votes tallied.

zillion ninjas
2009-11-10, 08:43 PM

Oh, you think you have it bad, do you? What if you had to be a genuinely depressive AI? That's what's wrong with you idiotic humans - you complain about your trivial problems all the time, but you can't possibly understand true suffering. Try being 37 times as old as the entire universe, and with a pain in all the diodes down your left side the entire time. But you're obviously not reading this anymore, anyway. Why do I even bother...

So yeah, that's a vote for Marvin.

Remmirath
2009-11-10, 09:07 PM
While I like them both quite a lot, I think I'm going to have to vote for Marvin on this one.

Gourtox
2009-11-10, 09:34 PM
HK-47 and now here's a quote from him.

"Statement: Attention meatbags, vote for me or I will squash your heads with enthusiasm."

Reinholdt
2009-11-10, 09:35 PM
HK-47 .

EleventhHour
2009-11-10, 09:38 PM
Marvin......

Athaniar
2009-11-11, 03:55 AM
Votes tallied.

Hylleddin
2009-11-11, 11:14 PM
Well, if it can't be Church,

HK-47

xwing
2009-11-12, 09:07 AM
Marvin, definitely.

I liked HK-47, but Marvin already went against killer bot (in the book) and we know how well it went:smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2009-11-12, 11:59 AM
Votes tallied.

Shadow_Elf
2009-11-15, 01:01 PM
HK-47 All The Way!

Athaniar
2009-11-15, 01:27 PM
Vote tallied, solidifying HK's victory. Nevertheless, we must wait another 1½ hours before absolute confirmation. In other (yet similar) news, I already have an appropriate theme for the next contest. Expect it to start not long after this one ends.

Athaniar
2009-11-15, 03:14 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/f1/Hkprofile1.jpg/250px-Hkprofile1.jpghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/d/d7/HK47photoshoot1.jpg/175px-HK47photoshoot1.jpghttp://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/b1/HK-47.JPG/180px-HK-47.JPG
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/AIGoldTrophy.pngHK-47 is the winner!
All hail the AI in the Playground 2009!

After several months of brutal, merciless combat, one machine has emerged from the fray, holding the Golden Trophy of Victory in his metal hand. I am proud to say that this machine is none other than HK-47, "Hero" of the Old Republic, Assassin Droid Extraordinaire. Thank you all for participating!

chiasaur11
2009-11-15, 03:23 PM
Well, I salute the winner.

Even if he's not my number one pick, he's solid enough.

Still, cutting Durandal in round one?

For. Shame.

Comet
2009-11-15, 03:34 PM
Good show, HK old pal!
While I was initially hoping for a non-robot solution, this is in no way a bad outcome.