PDA

View Full Version : Working with an Online Player...

Scarlet Tropix
2009-08-26, 10:56 PM
So I'm starting a 3.5 campaign in a private chat, and one of the players has no experience with the game and no way of obtaining the books. I need this player to remain in the campaign since she's the only one interested in the first place.

Any advice on how to teach the rules to her in a way that doesn't involve me typing out the entirety of the Player's Handbook?

rokar4life
2009-08-26, 10:57 PM
email him the pdf?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-08-26, 10:58 PM
The online SRD.

www.d20SRD.com (http://www.d20SRD.com)

Scarlet Tropix
2009-08-26, 10:58 PM
email him the pdf?

Ah yes. I forgot to mention, I've tried that and for whatever reason it does not work. Tried it. Many many times.

Assume it is not a viable option.

The SRD page, on the other hand, is something I feel like I should have known about some time ago and apparently didn't.

Thank you for this.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-26, 11:01 PM
Ah yes. I forgot to mention, I've tried that and for whatever reason it does not work. Tried it. Many many times.

Assume it is not a viable option.

The SRD page, on the other hand, is something I feel like I should have known about some time ago and apparently didn't.

Thank you for this.

It may be the service you are using. Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN all allow you to email large files to people. I've sent PDFs of several books to my players through Gmail (ones they all ready had, but the emailed versions allowed us to play while traveling without needing to lug everything around).

Scarlet Tropix
2009-08-26, 11:02 PM
It may be the service you are using. Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN all allow you to email large files to people. I've sent PDFs of several books to my players through Gmail (ones they all ready had, but the emailed versions allowed us to play while traveling without needing to lug everything around).

I'll also give this a shot.

I probably sound like a dope for needing all this, but it's my first crack at an online campaign.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-26, 11:08 PM
I'll also give this a shot.

I probably sound like a dope for needing all this, but it's my first crack at an online campaign.

Check your PM box if it doesn't work.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-08-26, 11:10 PM
Understood. I think that's all the help I need.

Many thanks to you all.

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-26, 11:12 PM
Sheriff: Please don't advocate illegal file sharing here. You're on the site of a person who makes their living making and selling creative works. Pirating is rather seriously frowned upon.