PDA

View Full Version : Ghost elves

Andry
2009-08-27, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know the racial abilities for ghost Elves and what level they get them at? I ried to google them but I didn't find much. I believe they were in Dragon 313 or so.

Thanks for any help given with this.

Etcetera
2009-08-27, 07:07 AM
http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Races.pdf
Page 16

Andry
2009-08-27, 04:05 PM
Thanks! I didn't even think of using crystal keep.

Ichneumon
2009-08-27, 04:08 PM
What are Ghost elves?

Pika...
2009-08-27, 04:08 PM
One of the funnest characters I have ever played. A Ghost Elf rogue.

Once the guards spotted me, but since it was around a graveyard they thought I was a ghost and let me be. :smallbiggrin:

Good times...

p.s. And yes, I believe Dragon #313 is right. One fo my favorite issues.

By the way, how does Crystal Keep legally post all that material up?

Pika...
2009-08-27, 04:12 PM
What are Ghost elves?

Basically elves which fled into the Astral Plane a long time ago to escape the Elf/Drow wars. Recently they have started coming back due to various Astral Plane races wanting them gone.

Oh, and due to their time on the Astral Plane they glow, but are able to suppress it (if I remember corectly with concentration rolls) for periods of time.

Get some other abilities, and I believe are LA+1.

Again, one of my favorite characters of all time was a Ghost Elf.

Calmar
2009-08-27, 05:43 PM
That seems to make sense. Githyanki glow, too, after all... :smalltongue:

lsfreak
2009-08-27, 05:54 PM
By the way, how does Crystal Keep legally post all that material up?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's that they can't legally restrict the posting of the game information itself. I.e. I can legally say that fireball is a 3rd level evocation spell that has a long range and deals 1d6 dmg/lvl to 10d6 damage, but when I post that it requires bat guano and sulfur for a material component and that it's pressureless, then I'm in trouble.

GitP forums simply don't allow the posting of stats directly from sourcebooks as a safeguard.

EDIT: I'm sure I'm missing something though. There may be a certain date required or something. Please don't randomly start posting stuff just to get in trouble because I misremembered something I read months ago :p

Elfin
2009-08-27, 05:59 PM
Ouch, -4 Con. :smalleek:

Emy
2009-08-27, 06:11 PM
Ouch, -4 Con. :smalleek:

Faerie Mysteries Initiate! :D

Eldariel
2009-08-27, 06:13 PM
Faerie Mysteries Initiate! :D

Or Necropolitan! Preferably one created in a Desecrated area by a guy with Corpsecrafter. Or Dry Lich! Screw the Con, I have HP!

Skorj
2009-08-27, 07:40 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's that they can't legally restrict the posting of the game information itself. I.e. I can legally say that fireball is a 3rd level evocation spell that has a long range and deals 1d6 dmg/lvl to 10d6 damage, but when I post that it requires bat guano and sulfur for a material component and that it's pressureless, then I'm in trouble.

GitP forums simply don't allow the posting of stats directly from sourcebooks as a safeguard.

EDIT: I'm sure I'm missing something though. There may be a certain date required or something. Please don't randomly start posting stuff just to get in trouble because I misremembered something I read months ago :p

I'm pretty sure game rules in the abstract cannot be covered by copyright (much like there's no IP for scents or fonts), only the presentation of a game (the specific text of the rules), and any artwork including game boards. As long as they aren't copypasting the actual descriptive text from the books, they should be fine with tables of figures (that they create and do the formatting of). Copyright is supposed to be about speciific fixed expressions of ideas, not the ideas themselves, after all.

The Hasbro lawsuit over Scrabulous went into the fine details of that, and IIRC Hasbro decided to make it about the Scrabble trademark where they were on firmer ground.