PDA

View Full Version : Vampiric Magus [PrC]

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 10:17 AM
Vampiric Magus

Vampires consider themselves majestic creatures, lords among the ranks of the undead. Thus, it is unsurprising that many nightwalkers are drawn to the noble art of the arcane. Blending their innate profane power with the magic achieved through sheer force of will, these vampiric magi are feared above almost all other dark mages.

Hit Dice
d12

Requirements
To qualify to become a Vampiric Magus, you must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any evil
Race: Vampire, Vampire Spawn, or Half-Vampire. Alternatively, must have the Vampiric bloodline.
Feats: Spell Focus (Necromancy), Greater Spell Focus (Necromancy)
Skills: Concentration 10 ranks, Spellcraft 10 ranks
Spells: Able to spontaneously cast 3rd level arcane spells of the necromancy school

Class Skills
The Vampiric Magus’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Necrotic Lore, Touch of Enervation|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Children of the Grave, Necrotic Lore|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Spared from the Sun, Necrotic Lore|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Necropotence, Necrotic Lore|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Drain Magic, Necrotic Lore|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Vampiric Magus prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
You gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting
Whenever you gain a new Vampiric Magus level, you gain new spells per day and spells known as if he had also gained a level in whatever spontaneous arcane spellcasting class in which you could cast 3rd-level spells before he added the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Necrotic Lore (Ex)
At each level, you learn one necromancy spell drawn from the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list as a bonus spell known. The spell may be of any level other than the highest level of spell you can currently cast.

Touch of Enervation (Su)
You may use your energy drain ability with touch attacks, instead of just your slam attack. You may still only use it once per round.

Children of the Grave (Su)
At 2nd level, whenever you use your children of the night ability to summon animals, you may choose to apply either the skeleton or zombie template to all summoned creatures. All summoned creatures are treated as being your familiar, your effective level for determining the benefits they gain is equal to your highest arcane caster level. However, you suffer no ill effects if these summoned “familiars” are killed. In addition, whenever you use your alternate form ability to take on an animal’s shape, you gain either the skeleton or zombie template for as long as you remain in the animal form. If you are a vampire spawn or half-vampire, you do not gain this ability. Instead, you gain either the alternate form or children of the night ability of a full vampire.

Spared from the Sun (Su)
At 3rd level, you may as a standard action expend a spell slot that could have been used to cast a necromancy spell you know. If you do, you become immune to the deleterious effects of sunlight for a number of minutes equal to the spell slot’s level.

Necropotence (Su)
At 4th level, whenever you cast an arcane necromancy spell, you gain turn resistance equal to the spell’s level until the beginning of your next round.

Drain Magic (Su)
At 5th level, whenever you use your blood drain ability to deal Con damage to a creature, you feast on its soul, dealing an equal amount of Cha damage. You gain a number of bonus spell slot whose levels do not total any greater than the total amount of Cha damage dealt throughout the course of the grapple. These bonus spell slots can only be used to cast necromancy spells. The bonus spell slot lasts until you next rest to regain spell slots.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 10:38 AM
That reminds me a lot of a PrC I made a while back. Looks good, though.

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 10:40 AM
That reminds me a lot of a PrC I made a while back. Looks good, though.
Does it? Huh. I was going to use this in Nation of the Dead.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 10:50 AM
Does it? Huh. I was going to use this in Nation of the Dead.

I could be thinking of something else. Don't worry about it.

Boci
2009-08-27, 10:51 AM
Wait, what? I PEACHED blackleaf's blade maiden and demented responded. No problem there, but now the two are talking to eachother? Is confused.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 10:54 AM
We are One.

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 10:55 AM
Krimm and Demented

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 10:55 AM
Krimmented One

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 10:56 AM
Join Us Join Us

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 10:57 AM
Join Us Join Us

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 10:58 AM
All things will be Krimmented.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 11:01 AM
All things will be One.

Boci
2009-08-27, 11:05 AM
I see. Is this talking with self a new thing?

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 11:08 AM
I see. Is this talking with self a new thing?
We started using gestalt houserules.

Boci
2009-08-27, 11:17 AM
We started using gestalt houserules.

Lol. What does the level break down look like?

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 11:20 AM
Lol. What does the level break down look like?
Solar Exalt 20/Great Old One 20. Although which is which, I cannot tell.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 11:23 AM
Solar Exalt 20/Great Old One 20. Although which is which, I cannot tell.

With that combo, of course not.

The Mentalist
2009-08-27, 11:37 AM
*sobs and mumbles something about SAN points*

Tasty Class, doesn't make vampire worth it for me (Nothing ever will) but could be a lot of fun.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 11:39 AM
*sobs and mumbles something about SAN points*

Tasty Class, doesn't make vampire worth it for me (Nothing ever will) but could be a lot of fun.

Check my homebrew compendium in my sig, there's a good vampire variant in there.

Asheram
2009-08-27, 12:01 PM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7352/groupintellect.jpg

Somewhere, we've got a thrallherd that's having quite a lot of fun over this.

The Demented One
2009-08-27, 12:43 PM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7352/groupintellect.jpg

Somewhere, we've got a thrallherd that's having quite a lot of fun over this.
...damn it, Tribble!

Stycotl
2009-08-27, 01:12 PM
ok. i am concerned.

i just saw "my deviantart" in the demented one's sig, and thought, "oh, that's cool. i didn't know that he did any art."

so i went to check it out and found krimm's stuff. then i looked closer at demented's sig and found krimm's homebrew. then i looked at krimm's sig and found demented's homebrew.

i must have woken up this morning in the twilight zone. i am now suspicious of all of the "normal" people sitting around me in the school library. if i say either "krimm" or "demented one," i am pretty sure that they will all answer....

either way, nice vamp class.

Dante & Vergil
2009-08-28, 03:58 PM
I like vapires so I'm sold.

Also, thank you Krimm and Demented for not doing that anymore.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-28, 04:34 PM
I like vapires so I'm sold.

Also, thank you Krimm and Demented for not doing that anymore.

Icebergs are only 10% visible above water. *taps nose*