PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Setra
2009-08-27, 11:13 AM
I honestly expected there to be a topic already but ah well..

It came out the same day as Arkham Asylum so maybe that's why.

I've already beaten the Story mode and am working on getting all of my characters to level 50 or so. It's actually fairly fun, aside from spending three hours getting my tail kicked by the Final Boss (I suck at fighting games).

chiasaur11
2009-08-27, 12:29 PM

I've already beaten the Story mode and am working on getting all of my characters to level 50 or so. It's actually fairly fun, aside from spending three hours getting my tail kicked by the Final Boss (I suck at fighting games).

Think there was a thread when it came out in Japan.

So, some of the group who'd be talking about it are a bit done at the present.

Zeful
2009-08-27, 12:47 PM

I've beaten Tidus' (and I'm still pronouncing it Tie-dus), Cloud's, and Firion's, and I'm working towards the Warrior of Light's.

Though I'm having a problem with some of the terminology. I can't find what the description of a "wall rush" is. It's not in the in-game manuals, or the physical manual so I'm having trouble preforming it for the "Wall Rush in 10 Seconds" challenge.

MrPig
2009-08-27, 01:12 PM
Though I'm having a problem with some of the terminology. I can't find what the description of a "wall rush" is. It's not in the in-game manuals, or the physical manual so I'm having trouble preforming it for the "Wall Rush in 10 Seconds" challenge.

I believe it means you slamming your oppontent into the level barrier within 10 seconds.

Jibar
2009-08-27, 01:36 PM
I've beaten Tidus' (and I'm still pronouncing it Tie-dus), Cloud's, and Firion's, and I'm working towards the Warrior of Light's.

Wait wait wait.

How do they pronounce it in the game?

Setra
2009-08-27, 01:38 PM
Wait wait wait.

How do they pronounce it in the game?
morelengthneeded
Tee-dus

Xefas
2009-08-27, 04:03 PM
Not to mention Kuja says "Z-ee-don" for Zidane, if I recall correctly (I usually play with my sound low, since I'm usually in a public setting). I always thought it was pronounced with the "i" like in "Cid" and "dane" like in...Great Dane?

Oh well. So far I'm pissed that the villains don't have a story mode :smallannoyed:

Don't get me wrong, the game is great fun, but why do I have to play as the same guys I played the last 10 FF games with? I wanted to see what it was like on the other side of the screen. Meh.

Got through Cloud, Squall, and Tidus' story. Working on Zidane. Unlocked Sephiroth, Emperor, and Jecht for outside the story.

So far, I'm really liking the Emperor's playstyle. Can't wait to try everyone out.

Mx.Silver
2009-08-27, 04:14 PM
morelengthneeded
Tee-dus

What?
That's just so. . .
What?

Setra
2009-08-27, 04:14 PM
So far, I'm really liking the Emperor's playstyle. Can't wait to try everyone out.
The Emperor is really fun, I also like Exdeath, though he's a tad slow

Drascin
2009-08-27, 04:22 PM
Playing through it right now, enjoying beating baddies with Terra. Onion Kight and Tidus also have some nice playstyles.

Also, never played FFI, but I'm starting to like this Garland guy, storywise. Will have to try playing him sometime.

Setra
2009-08-27, 04:26 PM
Playing through it right now, enjoying beating baddies with Terra. Onion Kight and Tidus also have some nice playstyles.

Also, never played FFI, but I'm starting to like this Garland guy, storywise. Will have to try playing him sometime.

Garland wasn't that interesting in the original game... but yeah in Dissidia I liked him quite a bit, I also like the Warrior, character wise... though not so much playing as him.

Also, unrelated but, is that Remilia Scarlet?

Jibar
2009-08-27, 04:29 PM

Funny how well they can portray a character who had all of 2 lines and can be beaten at level 1 which in Final Fantasy is the equivalent of glaring menacingly in their general direction.

I wish I had a PSP so I could play this. It's the Kingdom Hearts style utter bonkers combat applied to characters I actually enjoy beating up character I don't while using weapons something even more improbable than a giant key.

Drascin
2009-08-27, 04:32 PM
Garland wasn't that interesting in the original game... but yeah in Dissidia I liked him quite a bit, I also like the Warrior, character wise... though not so much playing as him.

Also, unrelated but, is that Remilia Scarlet?

Yep, that's Remi. And yes, the Warrior of Light is a pretty nice guy. I'm still cheering on the Onion Knight, though. Someone actually willing to use his brain among this group is both surprising and nice.

Setra
2009-08-27, 04:39 PM
Yep, that's Remi. And yes, the Warrior of Light is a pretty nice guy. I'm still cheering on the Onion Knight, though. Someone actually willing to use his brain among this group is both surprising and nice.
Unfortunately the game thinks this is a bad thing.

Or at the very least his policy of "I don't fight someone I can't beat"

chiasaur11
2009-08-27, 04:40 PM

Will he knock you all down?

Drascin
2009-08-27, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately the game thinks this is a bad thing.

Or at the very least his policy of "I don't fight someone I can't beat"

Yeah, that felt really weird. Though, of course, he did win, and in one of the easiest boss battles in all the story modes (though, of course, this might be because I find Onion Knight's playstyle to greatly sync with me), so he was selling himself pretty short - he could certainly beat her, he just was too scared to realize this.

But still. That was a huge facepalm right there. Yes, sometimes you have to take risks - you can't win anything really important if you only take the fights you're 100% guaranteed to win. But that doesn't mean you have to always charge guns blazing either. Why are there so very few game developers who have heard of the happy medium?

shadowxknight
2009-08-27, 05:00 PM
I didn't save up enough to buy the English version, so I still play on my Japanese one.

I tried to have Sephiroth as my main because he's is my favorite, but I have to admit that he is freaking hard to use. :smallsigh:

littlebottom
2009-08-27, 06:06 PM
morelengthneeded
Tee-dus

from my limited learning of japanese, it is indeed how "ti" is pronounced, but put into an english context in the name, "tidus" makes us want to automatically say "tie-dus"

what im trying to say is, when you dont know how to pronounce a name from a japanese context, take each sylable seperately.

Celesyne
2009-08-27, 06:10 PM
its been a while since I've played FFX but didn't they pronounce it Tie-dus in voiced dialog as well?

Surrealistik
2009-08-27, 06:11 PM
As always, Kefka is the man.

Setra
2009-08-27, 06:16 PM
its been a while since I've played FFX but didn't they pronounce it Tie-dus in voiced dialog as well?
No

His name is never said in FFX, thus everyone was confused as to how his name was pronounced. Some people refer to him as 'He/Him/You'.

Personally I always pronounced it 'Tide-us' or 'Tie-dus' because the 'Tide' part of it made me think of his Water sword.

Kris Strife
2009-08-27, 06:30 PM
Funny how well they can portray a character who had all of 2 lines and can be beaten at level 1 which in Final Fantasy is the equivalent of glaring menacingly in their general direction.

Garland was a bit more important than that...
He's also the final boss. When you kill him in the beginning, the four fiends brought him back in time by a few million years at the last second, to become Chaos and awaken the fiends to terrorize the world, where they then send him back in time when you kill him, etc, etc, etc. Yes, the game involves time travel, which means the whole plot only happened to your party, and no one else knows and Garland never became corrupt in the first place.

Setra
2009-08-28, 01:14 AM
Yay I finally got a character to level 100 without using the Exdeath trick...

*passes out*

Jibar
2009-08-28, 01:40 AM
Garland was a bit more important than that...
He's also the final boss. When you kill him in the beginning, the four fiends brought him back in time by a few million years at the last second, to become Chaos and awaken the fiends to terrorize the world, where they then send him back in time when you kill him, etc, etc, etc. Yes, the game involves time travel, which means the whole plot only happened to your party, and no one else knows and Garland never became corrupt in the first place.

Well, yes, I know, but considering how the story is told he's still got the absolute bare minimum of character.

littlebottom
2009-08-31, 06:24 PM
i really want to buy this... and i was just wondering about peoples general opinion as to mainly the gameplay? whats it like, is it any good? is it like Ergheiz? or however its spelt? i heard someone compare it to it and i liked that game, and from what ive seen its got crisis core level of graphics?

Setra
2009-08-31, 09:55 PM
i really want to buy this... and i was just wondering about peoples general opinion as to mainly the gameplay? whats it like, is it any good? is it like Ergheiz? or however its spelt? i heard someone compare it to it and i liked that game, and from what ive seen its got crisis core level of graphics?
According to most of the people I've talked to, the gameplay is well liked.. however according to any reviews of it, they hated it... It seems like fans love it but magazines hate it?

It's nothing like Ergheiz, they're probably comparing it because it's a fighting game that had FFVII cameos in it.

The graphics are almost the exact same level of Crisis Core's.

You should download the demo if you're interested in the gameplay.

Drascin
2009-09-01, 03:36 PM
Really, the combat system is more like Kingdom Hearts than Ergheiz. There's a lot of running around and jumping and outright flying.

Zeful
2009-09-01, 11:35 PM
Okay I'm really starting to get pissed at some of the characters in this game. I'm already well aware at this point that I suck at fighting games. but putting in annoying spammy characters doesn't do much to stop be from wanting to shoot my PSP out of frustration.Don't post after me saying "Suck less", I'm not in the mood for elitist bull and I will not be kind to you if you do.
Currently the objects of my anger and wrath are Bartz and Cloud of Darkness. Bartz has every annoying move from every character, seemingly consisting of only Defense crush moves, meaning there's no point bothering to play after you've been hit, just set the game down and wait for your death, unless your several dozen levels higher than him, in which case, he still has a good chance of killing you. Cloud of darkness is much the same way, especially considering that all of her bravery moves start the same way so there's no clue on how to dodge, or if it's possible to do.

While the game is fun, those two characters are seriously making me regret buying the game.

shadowxknight
2009-09-02, 12:54 AM
Don't rely on guard so much.
This game is similar to SSB series in that rolling is win. :smallwink:

Also if Quick Battle is what's frustrating you then make sure your guys have the latest equipment. It makes a HUGE difference. = =

Zeful
2009-09-02, 01:41 AM
Don't rely on guard so much.
This game is similar to SSB series in that rolling is win. :smallwink:I do roll, it doesn't help against the four attacks it needs to (Bartz's stolen Holy, Bartz's Stolen Wind Slash, Cloud of Darkness' Wraith Particle Fusillade, and Cloud of Darkness' Thrash Cloud, two of those attacks are defense crush moves as well.)
Dodging has two very important problems that the CPU playing those characters capitalizes on 1: You don't go very far, even when you dodge straight backwards (Cloud of Darkness' Thrash Cloud has more than enough reach to hit you after you dodge, as does Wind Slash if you dodge out to late) 2: there's a tiny period in which you are perfectly helpless, and can't take any action, making point one more obvious.

Also if Quick Battle is what's frustrating you then make sure your guys have the latest equipment. It makes a HUGE difference. = =They do. And even 20+ levels lower I can beat certain characters (I have a friend card with a level 51 Cecile, my highest level character is 35), just not Cloud of Darkness and Bartz (and if Bartz is anything to go by Zidane as well).

shadowxknight
2009-09-02, 02:26 AM
Well at later levels you get this move called omni-dash. Basically it allows you to dash in any direction extremely fast. Keep grinding till you get there teehee. :smallbiggrin:

Hmm I've been grinding my Sephiroth against Garland and Jecht to get their battlegen so I can't really help you.
My friendly advice that you probably already know is that if a move has its name appear at the top of the screen it means it's a HP attack and you can't block it. So far I have been able to block all the other attacks.

Kris Strife
2009-09-02, 09:25 AM
:smalltongue:Not only that, but the computer cheats. :smalltongue: Check your opponents equipment levels. I've seen level 3s with equipment level 15 requirements and using moves I have learned for that character at level 36. :smallmad:

Setra
2009-09-02, 10:39 AM
I do roll, it doesn't help against the four attacks it needs to (Bartz's stolen Holy, Bartz's Stolen Wind Slash, Cloud of Darkness' Wraith Particle Fusillade, and Cloud of Darkness' Thrash Cloud, two of those attacks are defense crush moves as well.)
1. Block it, that will reflect them back at him, then you can dash at him and attack
2. That move is easy, just keep dodging back til it's about to end, then attack him
3. Which one is that?
4. Which one is that?

I always have trouble remembering the names of CoD's attacks.
-------

I've been playing as Zidane lately, he's a huge contrast to Terra who I've been mainly playing. It's pretty fun, with Terra I'd fight at range and whatnot, but with Zidane even though I'm in melee I'm finding him to be easier to dodge with because he's so fast, plus with Free Energy I can easily jump up to an enemy and punish them when they miss.

Zeful
2009-09-02, 11:58 AM
1. Block it, that will reflect them back at him, then you can dash at him and attack
2. That move is easy, just keep dodging back til it's about to end, then attack him
3. Which one is that?
4. Which one is that?Thrash Cloud- Ariel move, Bravery Attack, her tentacles move in a large sphere as she slowly advances on you, if she's within melee range for you, she will hit you, no matter where you move. Wraith Particle Fusilade- Ariel Move, HP attack, Fires of a dozen roboteching blasts in a very large pattern, the staggered nature of the shots leave only two ways to successfully dodge 1: not be in range 2: attack her to preemptively end the attack.

Setra
2009-09-02, 11:06 PM
Thrash Cloud- Ariel move, Bravery Attack, her tentacles move in a large sphere as she slowly advances on you, if she's within melee range for you, she will hit you, no matter where you move. Wraith Particle Fusilade- Ariel Move, HP attack, Fires of a dozen roboteching blasts in a very large pattern, the staggered nature of the shots leave only two ways to successfully dodge 1: not be in range 2: attack her to preemptively end the attack.
Okay with Thrash Cloud I will admit that one is hard to dodge, but the second one is easy.

Omni-Dash allows you to easily dash out of range of the attack, and as well you can wait til they're about to hit you then dodge out of the way. Though that depends on how much you've moved since the missiles were fired... You can also wait until one is nearly about to hit you and dash in, depending on your distance you could probably not only not get hit, but also hit her.

At the very least the missiles are slow moving, so if all else fails it's not too hard to get out of range.

Generally I play as Terra though and don't have to worry since I'm always out of range of either of those attacks, but since I've been playing as melee I've been getting more experience dodging.

My best advice for Thrash cloud is to run, or rather dash, away as soon as possible. Once you're out of range she has a decent time after the attack in which you can dash in and punish her.. at least that's how I do it with Zidane, he's REALLY good at running in and punishing people....

Wait, isn't Thrash cloud a Bravery attack? I think it's blockable.. Out of everyone I fight CoD the least, so I will admit I'm not 100% on that.

Zeful
2009-09-02, 11:52 PM
Omni-Dash allows you to easily dash out of range of the attack, and as well you can wait til they're about to hit you then dodge out of the way. Though that depends on how much you've moved since the missiles were fired... You can also wait until one is nearly about to hit you and dash in, depending on your distance you could probably not only not get hit, but also hit her. Except dashing has this tiny .8 second set up for most characters, in which the user is vulnerable, if you try to dash away from melee range after she starts up Thrash cloud, you will get hit, simply due to that delay. Fusillade has the advantage of moving at a 70 degree off-set toward you, moving straight for a bit before starting to track, leaving a sizable window to cancel the attack. However canceling Fusillade requires you to be at least dash distance away to hit her, and the attack reaches farther than that.

At the very least the missiles are slow moving, so if all else fails it's not too hard to get out of range.Sure, their not the fastest projectile around, but they aren't slow.

My best advice for Thrash cloud is to run, or rather dash, away as soon as possible. Once you're out of range she has a decent time after the attack in which you can dash in and punish her.. at least that's how I do it with Zidane, he's REALLY good at running in and punishing people.... Except that means your incessantly dodging away when ever she starts moving her tentacles, which can trap you in her aerial chase move rather than Thrash Cloud.

Wait, isn't Thrash cloud a Bravery attack? I think it's blockable.. Out of everyone I fight CoD the least, so I will admit I'm not 100% on that.
Not all Bravery attacks are blockable. Thrash Cloud will break defense as will a couple other Bravery moves, I've learned from experience.

Setra
2009-09-03, 03:13 PM
Except dashing has this tiny .8 second set up for most characters, in which the user is vulnerable, if you try to dash away from melee range after she starts up Thrash cloud, you will get hit, simply due to that delay. Fusillade has the advantage of moving at a 70 degree off-set toward you, moving straight for a bit before starting to track, leaving a sizable window to cancel the attack. However canceling Fusillade requires you to be at least dash distance away to hit her, and the attack reaches farther than that. I was referring to dashing out of the missiles, but in retrospect... I could WALK out of range before they hit, didn't even need to dash.

Sure, their not the fastest projectile around, but they aren't slow.You must have a different definition of slow than me then.

Except that means your incessantly dodging away when ever she starts moving her tentacles, which can trap you in her aerial chase move rather than Thrash Cloud. I did some sparring against a level 100 Max Difficulty AI CoD, using Zidane (level 50 at the time) I found the best strategy for her is to keep on her and keep hitting her. Most of her moves have a decent starting lag and if you can keep on her she'll fall without too much difficulty.

I have no trouble avoiding the missiles, and only mild trouble with Thrash cloud (When she started it as I was dashing in, and I got too close to back away). The only real trouble I had dodging was 0-Form Particle beam.

Not all Bravery attacks are blockable. Thrash Cloud will break defense as will a couple other Bravery moves, I've learned from experience.
I do know not all bravery attacks are blockable, as I said I wasn't entirely sure.

littlebottom
2009-09-03, 08:28 PM
i did something silly... i downloaded the demo... and now im addicted to a demo! i need to get this game! i cannot get my fix on a lowly demo! soon it shall be mine, all mine, MWAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAA!

P.S. in the demo version, sephiroth = best character (you dont have all the characters or attacks yet though)

shadowxknight
2009-09-03, 09:24 PM
In my opinion, Sephiroth is ALWAYS the best character. :smallwink:

littlebottom
2009-09-03, 09:43 PM
:smallredface:*cough cough* sephiroth is my screen saver... and wall paper... and favorite character from anything ever...*cough cough*

but i was talking about actual fighting capability within the game, but it does reflect the awesomeness of the almighty, sephiroth:smallamused:

EDIT: i like you shadow, youve got a good head on those shoulders! you know sheer awesome power and amazingness when you see it! my respect for you has grown 10fold (even after it grew 10fold before hand by seeing your avatar!)

Enlong
2009-09-03, 09:58 PM
Sephiroth's definitely interesting, but I kinda prefer Kefka.

Not that I like to argue about which one of them is the greatest FF Villain. We all know now that the answer is "neither".

Zeful
2009-09-03, 10:04 PM
snip

I was going to write a long speel like my last few posts, but I actually sat down and played the metagame, thinking about how and when it's best to attack, rather than the caveman "He's in range, CHARGE!!!*" that I had been doing up until now without realizing it (it works on the real low level, and the AI scales up sharply at 20-35).

It's not to hard anymore. Sure, I still have problems, but they're mostly timing issues that are my problems, rather than the game being unfair.
*I kind of wish I had that Viking smiley like on the LpArchive.

And also, Seperoth may have a lot of extraordinarily long ranged attacks, but there all really easy to dodge.

littlebottom
2009-09-03, 10:25 PM
And also, Seperoth may have a lot of extraordinarily long ranged attacks, but there all really easy to dodge.

from the demo alone, ive not found that a problem, as i normally seem to run up and spam circle a few times then chase them flying through the air time after time after time till they break or dodge, and i just dodge back and repeat untill they do break, when they break hit ya square and they are pretty much done for. (again, in the demo, cant comment for real thing yet :smallfrown:)

Zeful
2009-09-03, 10:58 PM
from the demo alone, ive not found that a problem, as i normally seem to run up and spam circle a few times then chase them flying through the air time after time after time till they break or dodge, and i just dodge back and repeat untill they do break, when they break hit ya square and they are pretty much done for. (again, in the demo, cant comment for real thing yet :smallfrown:)

The Demo is the Arcade mode, which is a pretty accurate approximation of the AI in the game. But I don't have that much problem with Seperoth.

shadowxknight
2009-09-03, 11:20 PM

Not that I like to argue about which one of them is the greatest FF Villain. We all know now that the answer is "neither".

Ooh? Care to iterate on that last point? Maybe through a PM though, usually discussion on who is the best FF villain turn into flame wars(at least on Gamefaqs). :smallsigh:

As for Sephiroth's powers, I'd use him just for his EX abilities.
Now you might say all of them are pretty broken(like how Cloud's bravery attacks can break guard), but Heartless Angel is pretty OP if you manage to pull it off.
After 4-5 second casting time, Heartless Angel puts the opponent's bravery at 1. No matter where they are on the map, how far away they are, what their bravery was.
It goes down to 1. Luckily I've never seen the AI use it.

Edit: After some testing, Heartless Angel actually takes 7ish seconds. But it's still broken!
And thank you littlebottom, any fan of Sephiroth's is a friend of mine. :smallbiggrin:

Zeful
2009-09-03, 11:26 PM
Now you might say all of them are pretty broken(like how Cloud's bravery attacks can break guard), but Heartless Angel is pretty OP if you manage to pull it off.Only a couple of Cloud's attacks in EX mode break guard.

After 4-5 second casting time, Heartless Angel puts the opponent's bravery at 1. No matter where they are on the map, how far away they are, what their bravery was.
It goes down to 1. Luckily I've never seen the AI use it.

Happened once to me, before I figured out how to fight him, what was hilarious though, was the fact that I was broken at the time, and it didn't really hurt me.

Surrealistik
2009-09-04, 12:16 AM

Blasphemy! The whole Chaos being the supreme villain was indisputably lame. In fact the storyline in its totality was rather forced and unimpressive. Of course, that has absolutely no bearing or relevance on the manifest awesome that is multiplayer, where Kefka proves his supremacy on a regular basis.

Fan
2009-09-04, 01:51 AM
Blasphemy! The whole Chaos being the supreme villain was indisputably lame. In fact the storyline in its totality was rather forced and unimpressive. Of course, that has absolutely no bearing or relevance on the manifest awesome that is multiplayer, where Kefka proves his supremacy on a regular basis.

Actually, that's entirely a matter of skill there, there may be some play style differences, that lead to certain characters seeming better for some, but it's pretty rare for any sort of straight up better character.

Unless we're playing soul caliber.:smalltongue:

Surrealistik
2009-09-04, 02:41 AM
You do realize I wasn't being completely serious right? Regardless, there is most definitely a tier list with Dissidia (though nothing really 'official' has materialized due to the youth and fragmentation of its competitive scene), and I fear Kefka is sadly not particularly high on it.

Fan
2009-09-04, 03:59 AM
You do realize I wasn't being completely serious right? Regardless, there is most definitely a tier list with Dissidia (though nothing really 'official' has materialized due to the youth and fragmentation of its competitive scene), and I fear Kefka is sadly not particularly high on it.

Well, I like them both, and the whole tier list thing, at least I find, doesn't really matter in casual play unless your just being out right broken with a single combo, or two that happens to deal a gazillion +1 damage of win.

Then your just being a meany face, and need to stop using known broken things.:smalltongue:

Kris Strife
2009-09-04, 06:18 AM
On the Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Debate, I feel obligated to post this link. http://iwd.fetchquest.com/archives.php?type=iwd&c=508

Keep reading till 514.

On another reason to play this game: Chaos has the same voice as Goliath from Gargoyles.

Enlong
2009-09-04, 07:56 PM
Huh.
So I just got Terra to lv 100, and got three new abilities, which convert any EXP to HP, Bravery, or EX Force instead.
Is it just me, or is EXP to Bravery kinda.... way too strong? Since you get EXP by causing HP damage, doesn't that mean you basically don't lose Brave by attacking HP anymore?

Setra
2009-09-04, 08:04 PM
Huh.
So I just got Terra to lv 100, and got three new abilities, which convert any EXP to HP, Bravery, or EX Force instead.
Is it just me, or is EXP to Bravery kinda.... way too strong? Since you get EXP by causing HP damage, doesn't that mean you basically don't lose Brave by attacking HP anymore?
Not really, the xp you get is fairly low.. though during xp x5 battles you're pretty much good.

Personally I use EXP to Ex Force, charges it up pretty quick.. and Terra has what is probably the strongest Ex Mode in the game.

Incidentally I've got Zidane up to 100, so I'm gonna try someone else out (Preferably a villain this time) Anyone got some suggestions?

Enlong
2009-09-04, 08:17 PM
Not really, the xp you get is fairly low.. though during xp x5 battles you're pretty much good.

Personally I use EXP to Ex Force, charges it up pretty quick.. and Terra has what is probably the strongest Ex Mode in the game.

Incidentally I've got Zidane up to 100, so I'm gonna try someone else out (Preferably a villain this time) Anyone got some suggestions?

Well, I've had plenty of fun with Kefka and Golbez, myself.

Kefka's kind of an odd duck when it comes to attacks; he's got a Ground and Aerial version of every Brave attack he's got, so the problem is that there's way too many combinations you can try.

Meanwhile, Golbez has only three HP attacks... but one of them chains out of four different attacks; two in the air, and two on the ground, so it's a lot easier to attack once you get that.

And as you probably already know: Kefka's a ranged specialist with a ton of crazy, mindgamey attacks, while Golbez prefers two-part attacks with varied executions.

Edit: I've been leveling up Cloud of Darkness recently, and holy crap! 0-Form [Particle Beam] is freaking amazing!

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-06, 01:40 PM
Just started playing on Friday, and I love playing as Onion Knight. It's always hilarious beat up the big armored guys with the tiny little goober.

I also like Jecht, but mainly just because while he does have the giant sword, he chooses instead to pound the life out of you with his fists most of the time.

Enlong
2009-09-06, 07:52 PM
Just started playing on Friday, and I love playing as Onion Knight. It's always hilarious beat up the big armored guys with the tiny little goober.

I also like Jecht, but mainly just because while he does have the giant sword, he chooses instead to pound the life out of you with his fists most of the time.

Ooooh, just wait until you start mastering attacks and find that you can chain every brave attack into another Brave attack or an HP attack. Funtimes :smallbiggrin:.

Surrealistik
2009-09-06, 08:38 PM
I've always felt that Kefka was missing two key attacks from his repertoire:

Blink: An air/ground HP attack counter move that when properly timed, has Kefka project an illusion of himself upon being "hit" (similar to timing a Guard). This illusion absorbs and nullifies a single attack, then dissipates, shocking the attacker, while Kefka teleports behind him. The attacker may then be subsequently attacked with a backstab by repeating Blink's assigned button combination (think chase sequence), or another ability. Has a cooldown imposed after a successful usage. Ex-mode increases the difficulty of avoiding the backstab by increasing its speed, and decreases the cooldown.

Has canon precedent based on Kefka's battle with General Leo, where he does this exact thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARIVFKCd20), while remaining true to his 'trickster' theme, turning his opponent's aggression into a mistake, and granting him an excellent method of countering pressure which he lacks (one of his major deficits).

Trine Shield: An air/ground brave attack that encircles Kefka with a pyramidal barrier of prismatic energy. The barrier renders him immobile and unable to attack while in use, though it reflects all projectiles, and damages/knocks back meleeing opponents that collide with it, nullifying their attacks. Has a cooldown that scales with duration of use (not spammable), and can only be in continuous use up to a maximum duration. Ex-Mode increases Brave power, and decreases duration limits and cooldown scaling.

Shares all the same justifications as Blink. Kefka's Trine Shield is canonically established by the final confrontation with him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FraLnG2KTB0&feature=related).

Enlong
2009-09-06, 08:44 PM
What you described sounds remarkably similar to Exdeath's many guarding abilities (timed guard that can hurt people and/or reflect projectiles, hit an attack button to chain a move from a successful block, one shield is all-surrounding with big cooldown). And therein lies the problem. If one could use Kefka and be offensive and defensive in equal measure, nobody would want to use Exdeath, who only gets away with said moves by being very slow, and generally a reactionary force.

Surrealistik
2009-09-06, 08:51 PM
The key property of both the Trine Shield and Blink is that they each have a cooldown that prevents spamming, and overuse. They each provide a measure of temporary, punishing pressure mitigation that must be made to count, and cannot be sustained. Ex-Death's abilities are not so limited and are more forgiving (at least that's the intended difference), though they share the similar concept of timed counter capability.

Further, pressure mitigation is very necessary to the character; it's probably Kefka's weakest link, and what costs him games more than anything else. He has very little that's consistently capable of allowing him to operate at his optimal range, and forcing enemies to play on his terms.

Enlong
2009-09-06, 09:03 PM
Which was not to say that the moves aren't nice.
Now that I think about them more, they do sound nice. Too bad they didn't look into those cutscenes for move potential. Oh well.

Though, I do feel like Scatterspray Blizzaga, and Ultima, to an extent, are pretty decent for getting enemies out of close range.

Surrealistik
2009-09-06, 09:27 PM
His best move for keeping off close range pressure is probably Havoc Wing, which deflects projectiles and attacks, has excellent priority/tracking, and substantial knockback. HW is still woefully insufficient when you consider its lag though, and the fact that any melee attack mitigated with it incurs the same amount of stun in Kefka as in his opponent.

Ultima and his other projectiles might have sufficed if they all weren't so easily dashed through/guarded. Ultima in particular is more a counter move, meant to be thrown at an enemy after guarding an attack, for massive damage (used well in this capacity it is quite devastating).

Enlong
2009-09-06, 09:43 PM
Ultima can't be dashed through, actually. not the tinyball before the explosion, at any rate.

Surrealistik
2009-09-06, 09:50 PM
The ball no, the explosions yes, but the ball itself is easily guarded, and avoided; you might not be able to dash through it, but you can certainly dash past it.

Alternatively, instead of the Trine Barrier (if considered too similar to Ex-Death's Omniguard), Kefka might be able to use his X-Zone/Banishment attack he uses to convert Espers into Magicite. This would create a homing void (similar in size/nature to the Emperor's Flare) that moves at a highly erratic speed, pulling in and teleporting any enemy projectiles that enter beside the character who fired them, which then discharge towards him, under Kefka's control (treads a little on Black Hole's toes, but is substantially different). Any character that collides with the void takes brave damage and is teleported a considerable distance away. Ex-Mode fires multiple X-Zones.

Enlong
2009-09-06, 09:54 PM
Heh. Now that'd be an interesting move.
Ah well; hope for a Dissidia 2, I guess.

Surrealistik
2009-09-06, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I realize it's pretty much an exercise in futility to post about what should have been, but it's fun to imagine the possibilities.

Hopefully Dissidia 2 will improve upon the outstanding balance issues in 1 (and will take a form that can be dynamically updated to correct them ala TF2).

Enlong
2009-09-06, 10:02 PM
Well, they did try to balance things in the American release (Emperor got another Flare, Holy staggers and tracks better, etc.)

But personally, I'd love to see more characters. They said that Kain's a shoo-in if a sequel is made, and I'd actually kind of like to see Xande in a role in the sequel.

Surrealistik
2009-09-07, 01:03 PM
I personally can't wait to see Gestahl (or even Ultros!), Seymour and Jenova make an appearance.

Setra
2009-09-07, 02:19 PM
Speaking of 'Dissidia 2' that reminds me.. they're releasing a new version of Dissidia with added features, I think it may be Japan only though...

Guess sales weren't high enough here? (Curse you Batman!!)

Oregano
2009-09-07, 02:48 PM
Speaking of 'Dissidia 2' that reminds me.. they're releasing a new version of Dissidia with added features, I think it may be Japan only though...

Guess sales weren't high enough here? (Curse you Batman!!)

It's basically just the English voice version rereleased in Japan with perhaps some new content. Square Enix does it all the time though, it's nothing new.

Enlong
2009-09-07, 05:21 PM
...Man, if that version has a superspecial extrasecret cutscene that reveals way more than the first one, in addition to new stages, music, and a boss fight with Cosmos, I'm going to be ticked
You know what I'm alluding to.

Setra
2009-09-07, 07:04 PM
...Man, if that version has a superspecial extrasecret cutscene that reveals way more than the first one, in addition to new stages, music, and a boss fight with Cosmos, I'm going to be ticked
You know what I'm alluding to.
Somehow I doubt it, from what I've heard it's already pushing the limits of UMD storage. So surely not too much more can be added, right?

They need DLC or somesuch... I would so pay for a Zack DLC, or Ramza or Delita...

Enlong
2009-09-07, 07:12 PM
Or Kain, or Xande, or....

Yeah, I know they probably won't add too much. I'm just sore over Kindgom Hearts Final Mix and Final Mix+.

Kris Strife
2009-09-08, 08:49 AM
The Lady of Antiquity Minikins sound like screaming R2 units when they die. :smallbiggrin:

Surrealistik
2009-09-08, 01:09 PM
Kain is the biggest ***** wimp of an emo ever, yet he inexplicably manages to be cooler than most of the FF4 cast.

Enlong
2009-09-08, 02:59 PM
Kain is the biggest ***** wimp of an emo ever, yet he inexplicably manages to be cooler than most of the FF4 cast.

You've yet to play The After Years, haven't you?

Surrealistik
2009-09-09, 09:15 AM
Ah, yes, in that he's a much more impressive character (although in the TAY his dark side hands him his ass). In FF4 core, my god, easily more emo and pitiful than even Cloud, which is no mean feat.

Kris Strife
2009-09-09, 12:31 PM
Ah, yes, in that he's a much more impressive character (although in the TAY his dark side hands him his ass). In FF4 core, my god, easily more emo and pitiful than even Cloud, which is no mean feat.

I don't think it qualifies as emo if you actually have a reason, and frankly, I'd say [FFVII and Crisis Core spoilers]having the world's hero burn down your home town, badly injure (or kill, seen both given, but kill doesn't make sense to me) your childhood friend and your friend from work, then stab you in the gut before you through him down a geothermal/nuclear reactor, then you get captured by the people you work for. You get experimented on and injected with radioactive material and half alien supersoldier cells causing you to have severe reaction and mind wipe. When you come to, your friend is dieing of injuries, hands you his sword and tells you its up to you to live both your dreams before passing away in your arms to be a pretty darn good reason for being generally unhappy with the world.

littlebottom
2009-09-09, 06:48 PM
@^: not to mention that:

when he comes round, sephiroth has the ability to control him (when he makes cloud give him the black materia) then makes him seriously doubt he is even human let alone who he actually is

of course your gonna be a bit emo-esk or angsty.

Kris Strife
2009-09-09, 06:56 PM
@^: not to mention that:

when he comes round, sephiroth has the ability to control him (when he makes cloud give him the black materia) then makes him seriously doubt he is even human let alone who he actually is

of course your gonna be a bit emo-esk or angsty.

I'm willing to give angsty as an appropriate term for him. Emo is angst with out an actual reason for it.

littlebottom
2009-09-09, 09:00 PM
it seems though that cloud has

do i need to spoiler this? meh better safe i suppose it seems though that cloud has now got rid of most of his angst in FF7AC, even more so in FF7ACC, as he realises he may have once been a puppet but that doesnt stop him from being who he is, and that aeris has "forgiven" him (well told him she never actually blamed him) and that he moved the buster sword from the spot where zack died, to the church where he (and zack) met aeris this shows he isnt so much angsting over the past anymore... but hey, genasis is still about right? maybe another bad guy that cloud will have to beat up and get more mental issues over.

EDIT: thread has been wildly de-railed, sorry... back to dissidia.

i think the aerial combat is a bit iffy, as for some its fine, as some can fly but others, it seems too much to be able to be in the air that long so easily...

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-10, 10:29 PM
So I figured I'd go ahead and do all the hero storylines, to see what that unlocks. I've got everyone done except for Firion. Is it just me, or is he by far the worst of them? The only attack of his that's actually useful is Rope Knife, and it even then it can't hit anyone who's trying to attack from the air. I suppose there is that vortex thing the computer has hit me with a few times, but apparently you don't learn it till level 60 or something.

And it's not even that he's just mediocre and everyone else rules, most of his moves are just plain stupid. Especially Swordslash. I was excited when I saw he learned it, because I love being disappointed, but then it turns out to be the most literally named move in the game. A single slice. Sure it's fast, but it's got no range and I can't combo anything off it to save my life.

I just can't figure out how they managed to make him so bad. On paper, Firion is awesome: a guy with a sword, a mace, a rope knife, a bow, an axe, and a trident, that he can WIELD WITH HIS MIND. But then if his feet leave the ground he can only lazily toss crappy magic at his enemies. Lame.

Zeful
2009-09-11, 12:29 AM
So I figured I'd go ahead and do all the hero storylines, to see what that unlocks. I've got everyone done except for Firion. Is it just me, or is he by far the worst of them? The only attack of his that's actually useful is Rope Knife, and it even then it can't hit anyone who's trying to attack from the air. I suppose there is that vortex thing the computer has hit me with a few times, but apparently you don't learn it till level 60 or something.

And it's not even that he's just mediocre and everyone else rules, most of his moves are just plain stupid. Especially Swordslash. I was excited when I saw he learned it, because I love being disappointed, but then it turns out to be the most literally named move in the game. A single slice. Sure it's fast, but it's got no range and I can't combo anything off it to save my life.

I just can't figure out how they managed to make him so bad. On paper, Firion is awesome: a guy with a sword, a mace, a rope knife, a bow, an axe, and a trident, that he can WIELD WITH HIS MIND. But then if his feet leave the ground he can only lazily toss crappy magic at his enemies. Lame.

Firion is harder to get used to, his aerial attacks are really counters or insurance against what you think you opponents going to do. But he does have some very dangerous moves, all of which are ground. His longest range one is Reel Axe, which can hit almost halfway across some stages and tracks horizontally, but Rope Knife is by far more powerful. His Lance combo is nice as well because the last shot of the chain is very powerful.

Firion is not fancy, he gets really good when he has a place to stand, and if your fighting someone your good with, block, then follow up with his bravery moves.

Kris Strife
2009-09-12, 08:29 PM
Firion is harder to get used to, his aerial attacks are really counters or insurance against what you think you opponents going to do. But he does have some very dangerous moves, all of which are ground. His longest range one is Reel Axe, which can hit almost halfway across some stages and tracks horizontally, but Rope Knife is by far more powerful. His Lance combo is nice as well because the last shot of the chain is very powerful.

Firion is not fancy, he gets really good when he has a place to stand, and if your fighting someone your good with, block, then follow up with his bravery moves.

Yeah, I don't have a problem hitting people, though his air attacks do suck :smallyuk: My problem is with StraightArrow, his starting HP attack. Long Range, single, non homing shot with a charge time.

Zeful
2009-09-12, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I don't have a problem hitting people, though his air attacks do suck :smallyuk: My problem is with StraightArrow, his starting HP attack. Long Range, single, non homing shot with a charge time.

True, but the best time to use Straight arrow is when their dashing toward you as most AI's won't dodge that, your best bet for damage though is to master some of his moves so you can get Double Trouble.

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-12, 11:28 PM
Have you got any hints for using Jecht? Specifically, using more than one version of his brave attacks? I've seen the computer use them, I know they're there, but I can only get the kick chain to go off. I used his spin kick ---> chase move once, but I have no idea how that happened.

Zeful
2009-09-12, 11:33 PM
Have you got any hints for using Jecht? Specifically, using more than one version of his brave attacks? I've seen the computer use them, I know they're there, but I can only get the kick chain to go off. I used his spin kick ---> chase move once, but I have no idea how that happened.

Customize--> Abilities --> Square. it shows you all the button combos for the move in question.

Kris Strife
2009-09-13, 01:18 AM
True, but the best time to use Straight arrow is when their dashing toward you as most AI's won't dodge that, your best bet for damage though is to master some of his moves so you can get Double Trouble.

Only problem, you have to win to get an ability mastered. :smalltongue:

Zeful
2009-09-13, 02:53 AM
Only problem, you have to win to get an ability mastered. :smalltongue:

So you haven't played his one-star difficulty story line? Play against a glut of level 1 AIs who are stupid enough to stand there and take the hit.

Kris Strife
2009-09-13, 03:21 AM
So you haven't played his one-star difficulty story line? Play against a glut of level 1 AIs who are stupid enough to stand there and take the hit.

I've beaten everyone's destiny oddesy, just saying.:smalltongue:

Zeful
2009-09-13, 03:30 AM
I agree, of his three HP moves that I have/know of, the only one worth anything is shield bash, which replaces guard.

Setra
2009-09-14, 02:36 AM
I may be addicted.. I have over 100 hours logged in this game :smalleek:

Well, considering how much playtime most of my console or handheld games get, this was definitely worth the money :smallbiggrin:

Edit: As for Firion, I find he suffers from the same problem as WoL early on.. lack of decent HP options. 'Decent' being 'Something a minimal ai can't dodge 95% of the time'

Shield Bash and Double Trouble are really nice later though.

I've been playing Exdeath as of late, I got a level 100 Terra and Zidane (Definitely my new main) with fully upgraded weapons and couldn't think of what else to do so I've been working on getting everyone to level 100 via duel colloseum, as stated a moment ago I'm up to Exdeath... on the plus side I have a LOT of Elixirs..

On the negative side... um... anyone got some advice on where to get Rosetta stones? I know you can craft them but I am having a slight bit of trouble getting ahold of Water Stones

shadowxknight
2009-09-14, 02:43 AM
Well if you go through story mode w/ extra DP(which should be hecka easy with a 100), you should get a rosetta stone.

Setra
2009-09-14, 02:49 AM
Well if you go through story mode w/ extra DP(which should be hecka easy with a 100), you should get a rosetta stone.
I did not know that >.>

<--- Hasn't touched story much after beating all of them

Thanks..

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-14, 06:29 AM
Also, I think the parts you need for Rosetta Stones show up in all levels of the Coliseum, so you can just blast through the Airship until you get bored/want to switch to a character that needs leveling.

EDIT: Wow, been practicing Onion Knight and I've noticed that accessories that boost EX absorption and range are pretty crazy. I've been using Close to You (Absorb EX During Attacks, While Being attacked, and After Summons), Center of the World (Boost EX Range and Absorption), and EXP to EX, and he can get nearly fully charged in a single attack, whether or not it's him or the enemy doing it. Then I just sit and wait till someone manages to get me into a combo and pop EX Mode, ending their fun times and beginning the End Times.

Unfortunately, despite this, I still can't beat Chaos if he has a level advantage on me. Epic Fail can only be cushioned so much by crazy good accessories.

Surrealistik
2009-09-23, 09:47 PM
Totally awesome Kefka vs Seph cinematic I just had to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikHHx1VOfg&feature=related

Drascin
2009-09-24, 02:43 AM
Edit: As for Firion, I find he suffers from the same problem as WoL early on.. lack of decent HP options. 'Decent' being 'Something a minimal ai can't dodge 95% of the time'

WoL? Lacking HP against the AI? What? But I could swear the AI eats both the shield of light and the columns of light like they were made out of candy, even in Maximum?

Seriously, there's some kind of bug that reduces the AI's otherwise inhuman dodging skills when dodging some extremely easy attacks. Terra's Meltdown charged to level 2 is one. WoL's columns of light trick is another...

Zeful
2009-09-24, 03:03 AM
WoL? Lacking HP against the AI? What? But I could swear the AI eats both the shield of light and the columns of light like they were made out of candy, even in Maximum?

Seriously, there's some kind of bug that reduces the AI's otherwise inhuman dodging skills when dodging some extremely easy attacks. Terra's Meltdown charged to level 2 is one. WoL's columns of light trick is another...

The "columns of Light" is called Shining Wave (or is it Shinning Wave?), and yeah the AI doesn't dodge certain attacks very well, others it will, but it depends on not just the level but the "temperment" setting.

But what's fun is the fact that the AI falls for some really hilarious tricks. For example, when I was trying to prove a friend wrong about me being unable to beat his level 51 Cecil when my highest level character was in the upper 20s (I'm really bad with fighting games in general and Command mode is made of Fail) so I spent like three hours trying to beat it, and learned that using the Shield of Light at the last second before hitting someone on the grind rails guarantees a hit. So I spent ten minutes whittling down the ghost hp untill I managed to kill it.

EDIT: Just now Garland jumped into my shield of light (midair) despite being far enough away to dodge.

artistInTheCode
2009-09-24, 03:49 PM
How does this game compare to the ehrgeiz game originally released on the ps1? I had a blast with that game, and from what I read this is supposed to have a bit of character customization and advancement going on for it. How much play time to unlock everything. How do you guys like the wireless multiplayer? How would you guys rate this game?

littlebottom
2009-09-24, 05:11 PM
having owned the game for less than 4 days, i can only say, i enjoy it emensly. it is not much like ehrgeiz, its more like crisis core with bigger battle environments and without the materia. and a much more FF7AC fighting style going on, with jumping and practically flying through the air, although im yet to play it wirelessly online or otherwise.

Zeful
2009-09-24, 05:27 PM
having owned the game for less than 4 days, i can only say, i enjoy it emensly. it is not much like ehrgeiz, its more like crisis core with bigger battle environments and without the materia. and a much more FF7AC fighting style going on, with jumping and practically flying through the air, although im yet to play it wirelessly online or otherwise.

Seperoth has materia.

The wireless mode is more challenging, but that's because I link with people who are better then me at fighting games. So, your mileage may vary.

Kris Strife
2009-09-25, 05:22 AM
Cecil should have gotten more CP than the other characters, considering he's running two seperate lists of bravery attacks.

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-25, 06:21 AM
How does this game compare to the ehrgeiz game originally released on the ps1? I had a blast with that game, and from what I read this is supposed to have a bit of character customization and advancement going on for it. How much play time to unlock everything. How do you guys like the wireless multiplayer? How would you guys rate this game?

1. It really doesn't, Dissidia is a very different system from other fighting games, which may be good or bad depending on your outlook.

2. As far as unlocking characters goes, unlocking all the villains takes like half an hour, tops, and unlocking Shantotto and Gabranth would probably take an hour or so more depending how much you dilly dally. There is, however, considerable amounts of farming to be done if you want to make anyone's ultimate weapon, and other rare equipment.

3. Multiplayer is good most of the time. I'm not sure if its flashy moves or having too much EX dust floating around, but sometimes I've gotten a lot of lag, which can be extremely bad if you're playing Jecht, who's about the only one you need to time your button pressing really well.

4. I think it's really fun, though I'm disappointed that even though Chaos does present the classic 3-fights-in-a-row boss battle, he doesn't change forms or anything, he just gets angrier and uses cheaper moves.

Zeful
2009-09-25, 12:26 PM
Um, Chaos doesn't use "cheaper" moves at his later forms, he uses all of his moves through out all three battles, it's just that he upgrades to a better and faster AI, making him use those moves to maximum effect. His first form has a pretty bad AI for his level making him easy to kill so you think his moves get cheaper.

Kris Strife
2009-09-25, 01:57 PM
Um, Chaos doesn't use "cheaper" moves at his later forms, he uses all of his moves through out all three battles, it's just that he upgrades to a better and faster AI, making him use those moves to maximum effect. His first form has a pretty bad AI for his level making him easy to kill so you think his moves get cheaper.

They also get more powerful, are executed faster with less recovery time, and have a wider area of effect.

Edit: Inward Chaos, WTF? :smallfurious:

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-28, 05:18 PM

I could have sworn there was at least one move that he couldn't use until the second stage. He might just never use one, because I didn't even know he had an EX mode until my friend got hit by it at the end of the boss rush story. Still haven't even seen it myself.

Zeful
2009-09-29, 03:01 PM
I could have sworn there was at least one move that he couldn't use until the second stage. He might just never use one, because I didn't even know he had an EX mode until my friend got hit by it at the end of the boss rush story. Still haven't even seen it myself.

The only move he doesn't seem to use until a later stage is his giant form (which if it's his EX mode, he doesn't need to get any EX to use it (As I managed not to get through the first two stages) which would be cheating). I've been hit by everything else in the first stage.

Kris Strife
2009-09-29, 05:56 PM
Its definantly not an EX move, as I've seen him use it, then use it again as soon as he gets out of his throne, its just a typically super cheesy boss move.

JerryMcJerrison
2009-09-30, 12:25 AM
Oh well. The point still stands that he's a gigantic d-bag. I probably still wouldn't have beat him if not for his strange fascination with getting hit by Wind Shear.

In other news, Tidus is my new favorite because his Dodge->Brave->HP attacks are hilarious. I just wish they would chain into slightly different HP attacks, Quick Hit gets a little repetitive visually.

Oh, actually, I have a question: By how much does "Brave Boost on X" actually boost your brave? Because between Adamant gear and World Champion, my Tidus has a 50% chance of getting it for every dodge, but I'm never able to pay enough attention to see if it's working.

Kris Strife
2009-09-30, 05:37 AM
Oh well. The point still stands that he's a gigantic d-bag. I probably still wouldn't have beat him if not for his strange fascination with getting hit by Wind Shear.

I beat him using an over leveled, and under equipped, Cloud. Wait till you get to Inward Chaos. You have not seen such a level of D-baggery in a video game boss since Ninja Gaiden on the original Nintendo.

Zeful
2009-09-30, 10:49 AM
Oh, actually, I have a question: By how much does "Brave Boost on X" actually boost your brave? Because between Adamant gear and World Champion, my Tidus has a 50% chance of getting it for every dodge, but I'm never able to pay enough attention to see if it's working.

I think you've got it backwards. It's not a 50% chance to get a bravery boost on X it's a 50% boost to bravery on X. I've never used them, but that's how I think they work.

Surrealistik
2009-10-08, 09:19 PM
Have you guys been keeping up with the Dissidence Tournament? Kefka is raping and pillaging thanks to Funkyman. His performance is truly astounding to behold. He makes his opponents, highly skilled players in their own right, look like total chumps:

Funkyman02 (Kefka) vs. Rei-N (Jecht):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2nv2GRFDo

Funkyman02 (Kefka) vs. NeroMD (Rei-N)::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTzC2Qr4EI

This totally blows the lid off the current (uninformed) tier lists that place him at the bottom.