PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 diminutive character [3.5]

penbed400
2009-08-27, 06:55 PM
Hey guys. A friend of mine is making a small campaign. And I don't mean small as in the campaign size, i mean everyone is going to be the size category small.

I thought it would be interesting to get smaller. So tell me, how can I get to diminutive size, or the smallest size possible.

Any races or magic items welcome as long as they can be purchased by a level 10. Also class suggestions are fun too.

Thanks

Flickerdart
2009-08-27, 07:06 PM
The spell Reduce Person shrinks you one size category, but doesn't affect your speed. Get that Permanencied, and you're good to go. The psionic power Compression can do so by either one or two(!!!) categories, and can be augmented to last longer. Both of these can be acquired by level one, and I believe they stack with one another. The Kobold's Slight Build ability also lets you count as a smaller size when advantageous, so you can slip through the tiniest cracks with all of this stuff up.

Fax Celestis
2009-08-27, 07:11 PM
Awakened Rat is Diminutive and 2 HD, +0 LA. Funny thing about rats? They have thumbs.

PId6
2009-08-27, 07:13 PM
Augmented Compression power can get you two size categories smaller.

Kylarra
2009-08-27, 07:18 PM
Awakened Rat is Diminutive and 2 HD, +0 LA. Funny thing about rats? They have thumbs.You make me want to play a rat character now. :smallsigh:

Fax Celestis
2009-08-27, 07:23 PM
You make me want to play a rat character now. :smallsigh:

DO EET.

Here, racial stats:

Ability Adjustments: Str -8, Dex +4, Wis +2, Cha -4
Size: Tiny
Type: Magical Beast (Augmented Animal)
Racial HD: 2 Animal HD (each 1d8, 2+Int skills)
Speeds: 15' land, 15' climb, 15' swim
Natural Attack: bite 1d3
Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Scent
Bonus Feat: Weapon Finesse

Milskidasith
2009-08-27, 07:25 PM
You know what's interesting? A Rat Druid can never actually turn into itself. I find that kind of odd.

seedjar
2009-08-27, 08:49 PM
Yes, rat adventures ahoy! Rats make excellent adventurers, and also they are very endearing as French chefs.

You know what's interesting? A Rat Druid can never actually turn into itself. I find that kind of odd.
How's that? Lv 11: Wild Shape (Tiny)
Isn't there some sort of fey with a level adjustment that's Tiny?
~Joe

PS - So there is - the grig (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#grig). +3 LA is kind of steep, but you might get your DM to let you reroll the 1/2 racial HD as something better and the fiddle and spell-like abilities aren't too shabby. 40ft fly speed is pretty useful even with Poor maneuverability.

Khatoblepas
2009-08-27, 08:56 PM
If you have access to Ebberon material:

1) Primordial Half-Giant

2) Cast Return to Nature on him repeatedly.

3) Fine Giant.

4) ???

5) Profit!

Milskidasith
2009-08-27, 08:58 PM
Yes, rat adventures ahoy! Rats make excellent adventurers, and also they are very endearing as French chefs.

How's that? Lv 11: Wild Shape (Tiny)
Isn't there some sort of fey with a level adjustment that's Tiny?
~Joe

PS - So there is - the grig (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#grig). +3 LA is kind of steep, but you might get your DM to let you reroll the 1/2 racial HD as something better and the fiddle and spell-like abilities aren't too shabby. 40ft fly speed is pretty useful even with Poor maneuverability.

Awakened Rats are diminutive, not Tiny, so an awakened rat druid, barring some feat I don't know about that probably exists, can't change into a normal rat.

Darrin
2009-08-27, 09:49 PM
I thought it would be interesting to get smaller. So tell me, how can I get to diminutive size, or the smallest size possible.

Hengeyokai shifting into Sparrow form, fine-sized, no LA. Size bonus +8, Dex bonus +6, naked AC 24. Start as a Warlock, and you have a +14 ranged touch attack to hit anything. Oh, and this is at ECL 1.

So, take Eldritch Glaive (Dragon Magic), Shorten Grip (Dragon Compendium), Underfoot Combat, and Confound the Big Folk. Enter an opponent's space with no AoO, and anyone who attacks you has a chance to hit your opponent instead. Next round, your opponent is flat-footed and you can unload all your iterative attacks on him. If your DM hasn't strangled you by now, take Shape Soulmeld: Strongheart Vest or dip Binder for Naberius, and go into Hellfire Warlock.

Also another good Warlock pick, although this should work with any arcane caster as well: Start with a Tibbit (Dragon Compendium) Wizard/Sorcerer/Beguiler/Warlock, buy a human hireling Expert or Bard with Skill Focus: Perform (Acting). Pretend to be the familiar of the "human wizard". Convince the human hireling to promote himself as an "Arcane Duelist Extraordinaire!" (use Charm Person if need be), and challenge other wizards to a duel. Play up the rivalry, or cut your rival in on the deal. Cast some flashy spells, but the hireling takes a dive. Make sure you bet against yourself, and slink off to collect your profits. If need be, hire another hireling, rinse and repeat.

Any races or magic items welcome as long as they can be purchased by a level 10. Also class suggestions are fun too.

A Jermlaine (MM2, tiny fey, LA+0) might make an excellent Scout/Ranger Swift Ambusher. On the other hand, a Jermlaine Paladin that takes a dire rat as his mount (SLA lets them speak with animals at-will as long as it's a rat or dire-rat) also sounds fairly tempting.

Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms, tiny monstrous humanoid) is the only other tiny-sized LA+0 race... I don't know, the Squirt (ex) blinding ability kinda says Ninja but you can't Squirt and Attack in the same round. They get Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat, so... Swordsage + Shadow Blade + TWF.

Alleine
2009-08-27, 10:00 PM
If you have access to Ebberon material:

1) Primordial Half-Giant

2) Cast Return to Nature on him repeatedly.

3) Fine Giant.

4) ???

5) Profit!

Dangit, that was exactly what I thought on seeing this thread! Too bad I was beaten to it. Yeah, oddly enough giant is one of the easiest ways to get a permanent diminutive character. Who woulda thought?
Primordial isn't really necessary though, is it?